Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    I am very happy here in Norway. If I was forced to move I would prefer somewhere on the same latitude and near the coast.
    Russia is out of the question, so either Iceland or north in Alaska.

I need my seasons.

10+ Year Old Account
    I very much like what we have here in Finland. So, I'd move to a country that is something similar. Probably some of the other Nordic countries or Canada.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

10+ Year Old Account
    I’m already a citizen of the U.S and Canada sooo. I guess Australia or maybe the U.K since it’s English that’s spoken there.

If it had to be none English speaking. I guess Iceland, Bora Bora or maybe Fiji.
    Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2020-02-17 at 11:09 AM.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

If I could work remotely, somewhere warm and tropical, where the people are friendly. I don't care how great social programs a country has if they are cold and unfeeling, or have no cultural or religious values.

Going back to Greece would be good, but I'd also like somewhere in the Pacific Islands; Samoa, Fiji, Hawaii. Cyprus would work too.

If I am looking at my profession, well, the US is really the only option for the sort of money that can be made, so in that case I'd stay.

Not to a different country but state maybe... always wanted to go to Alaska or maybe Maine. I love cold weather.. snow, fog, the sea. And the people to mind their own business and keep their distance. I don't really get what people see in tropical climate to be honest.

Stood in the Fire Texan Penguin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In the US: Indianapolis or a major city with a low cost of living and good mass transit so I could live car-free. Somewhere with seasons too.

Outside the US: Used to say Britain but I am not so sure these days. So now it’s a tossup between Canada, Germany, or France. Japan would be neat to visit but I don’t know about living there.

I could never get a visa though, since I have virtually no professional qualifications outside of “Can lift enormous boxes of water” and “Is not an asshole to customers.”

Quote Originally Posted by Amarys View Post
    Not to a different country but state maybe... always wanted to go to Alaska or maybe Maine. I love cold weather.. snow, fog, the sea. And the people to mind their own business and keep their distance. I don't really get what people see in tropical climate to be honest.
    Pretty shocking, but people like different things. I've been in Seattle about 20 years, and I'd be ok if I went a few years without cold, gloom, and crappy weather. I love northern climates aesthetically, but I find life to be much more pleasant in places where you can assume the weather will be warm and nice.

And some people prefer warmer, friendlier cultures over severe or humorless, antisocial ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I ever had to leave the US to escape from my enemies, then... Thailand or Japan.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

somewhere in europe

if i had to move anywhere, i think it'd be serbia. or some other place like it.

relatively nationalistic, "everything is legal if you want it to be" - pilav(serbian wow youtuber), seems to be relatively peaceful these days.

Somewhere warm, canary island is very very nice, same with Greece.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2020-02-18 at 09:15 AM.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    Pretty shocking, but people like different things. I've been in Seattle about 20 years, and I'd be ok if I went a few years without cold, gloom, and crappy weather. I love northern climates aesthetically, but I find life to be much more pleasant in places where you can assume the weather will be warm and nice.

And some people prefer warmer, friendlier cultures over severe or humorless, antisocial ones.
    you could try southern texas.

warm to hot all year, people are pretty legit, and there's always a gun nearby if you run into trouble. also, texmex is the second best food america has come up with.

Well, I did move countries already my goal was either the USA or the Netherlands, I ended up landing a job on the second.

Personally, I would love to move to the USA, but they would need to fix their path to citizenship before. I would also need to convince my wife, as she is pretty skeptical that the US would be better than the Netherlands.

Maybe I would move to UK one day, as the job opportunities there are quite good, but definitely not on London, as I would not want to stay in the subway 1 - 2 hours daily.
    I may not be an overachiever, but my Druid is richer than half of Venezuela.

I would move to my beach house in South France today... if I didn't have to work.
    Alternatively I could see myself living in Spain, or Greece... someplace with great beaches.
    For work... US or UK I guess. U.S. most likely as all the great AI jobs are there. The AI industry in EU in comparison to US is close to non-existent.
    Last edited by d00mGuArD; 2020-02-18 at 10:24 AM.
    and the geek shall inherit the earth

15+ Year Old Account
    I've lived in a few countries. I'm very happy where I am now though, New Zealand.
    Here is something to believe in!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh
    there's always a gun nearby if you run into trouble.
    WTF? When the hell did Texas turn into the Democratic Republic of the Congo? Moving somewhere that requires "always a gun nearby if you run into trouble" is *not* high on my list.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmouse View Post
    WTF? When the hell did Texas turn into the Democratic Republic of the Congo? Moving somewhere that requires "always a gun nearby if you run into trouble" is *not* high on my list.
    it's a joke about texas. but basically everybody got a cowboy hat and handgun there.

count dankula went down there a while back, talked about it in a video. went in a store for some smokes, everybody in line had a handgun and was just talking as normal. everybody was safe.

i live in north carolina, don't see people carrying guns very often here, but basically everyone in my area's got at least three.

10+ Year Old Account
    @derpkitteh Ah, got it. Been awhile since I lived there. Back when I was stationed in San Antonio about all I saw was gun racks in pick 'em up trucks.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Quote Originally Posted by Raspberry Lemon View Post
    lots? where? never been any bomb where i live...
    He was just spamming posts so he can advertise his website.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would always want the US to be my primary home but if I could have a 2nd home in another country I'd probably go to either Ireland or Scotland. Always wanted to visit those places.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe