Page 63 of 70 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    but everyone who plays classic tells me classic is the pinnacle of raiding and it took months to kill the final boss, and retail is too easy and designed for babys, how can you assume that myhic in retail has even a modicrum of difficulty when we know classic streamers are the people who know everything

Quote Originally Posted by Spicymemer View Post
    Imagine posting on a videogame forum once a day for 4 years.

And no, its not possible to clear mythic in 2-3 nights a week.

Fuck off.
    Guild's been getting Cutting Edges on a 2 night of raiding schedule since WoD. But I suppose that's just a figment of my imagination or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    They nerfed wrathions hp by 100 mil lol
    If that's true, then it's probably due to recent nerfs to corruptions. And that would indicate that indeed whichever guild had a lot of people "lucky" with good corruptions would find the dps check easy, while one where people lack good corruptions could struggle more than could be attributed to their sheer skill level or lack thereof.

This is literally the story of legion and pyro bracers all over again. Blizzard never learns.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    If that's true, then it's probably due to recent nerfs to corruptions. And that would indicate that indeed whichever guild had a lot of people "lucky" with good corruptions would find the dps check easy, while one where people lack good corruptions could struggle more than could be attributed to their sheer skill level or lack thereof.

This is literally the story of legion and pyro bracers all over again. Blizzard never learns.
    Don't be ridiculous, cutting boss hitpoints by 30% would not happen only because of Echoing Void - not to mention they'd nerf far more than just him. Assuming it even happened, it's because Wrathion was probably the longest first boss in a long time. The only one that was comparable was Odyn, but he was more like 8th boss, or the Assault in HFC, but that's because it was heavily scripted.

It's a fight with enormous amount of downtime where you cannot touch the boss, but still have to burn his huge healthbar - which means first kills were far too close to the enrage timer. A little much for the first boss.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    Assuming it even happened, it's because Wrathion was probably the longest first boss in a long time.
    Dunno, could be the other guy was just trolling / baiting, comparing my guild's log from last reset and some random log from US server where reset already happened, it seems wrathion still has ~292mil hp on mythic, at least that's the damage taken by boss across the fight. Or could be like the bug that happened on Champions of the Light where it briefly had higher hp and everyone thought Blizz hotfixed the boss to not be a joke, but apparently that was a bug and quickly reverted.

It seems that that could be true.

Without those tryhard guilds, I think M raids would have much lower participation.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

This is why Normal and Heroic raids exist for those who arent that good yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    "tryhard"
    based lfr hero
    I was using the term the person I was responding to had used. He was suggesting that these guilds do not belong in Mythic. That may be the case, but they appear to be the majority of M raiding guilds (or, at least, they were before this tier.)

I avoid LFR, btw. It's a sad place.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Baleful View Post
    Got neck on 78 by just doing daylies, ap WQ and 3 expeditions/week plus raid, 4 hours/day top. Got an 8 hour/day work, 8 hours to sleep and there is still about 3 hours to spare every day, plus most of the shit can be done in weekends. As soon as i get 80 i can forget about AP and just do daylies (about 30 minutes) and raid, then about a month in we are finished with the tier and i have only 2 nights/week to clear the raid, implying i play only about 10 hours week max unless i want to play more on purpose. This is doable for anyone.
    So in other words WoW is the only game you play for 4 hours every single day and it's "not that bad". lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    WoW evolved to a game where u need more skilled players in high end pve content and wow wasnt that in the first place. Every tier raid gets harder and rewards are diminished. When i was a recruitment officer for the guild (i think this was during SoO progress) i had people that literarly couldnt play their class optimally, not speaking of any mechanic. And with the years this got worse. Heroic has like nothing incommon with Myhtic and most people dont even have a reward drive anymore because blizzard made "everything viable".
    They either need to up the rewards or tune down the difficulty because from what i last head from a former guild member the situation in bfa didnt improved at all
    Pretty much. Last week I actually let our elderly ret paladin go, because I just couldn't justify it anymore. You need players that pull their weight with at least consistent green logs and a good survival rate, or you'll get stuck on boss 4 nowadays.

Now that tforging is gone, mythic is at least actually rewarding again. Although that is diminished a bit by M+ being able to guarantee a drop each week relatively easily.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GringoD View Post
    Yes. I'm the one who made it. Did you at all notice that the creation date was well before Ny'alotha came out? Nobody talked about mythic Ny'alotha being too tight yet, which is why I was asking you who you're talking to.
    Talking about the topic because even if the thread was originally about the palace the topic is relevant now as well.
    But yeah, I wasn't replying to you in particular, but to a general concern that I read in the latest pages of the thread.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

I actually think Blizzard listened when it comes to mechanics bloat in Nyalotha as that issue has been cleanly addressed. There are other issues (like corruption acquisition, balance, etc.) but the bosses are mechanically relatively straightforward. The tuning is a little tight so that it's not forgiving for low output players, but there is nothing like EP or even some BoD bosses with gazillions of mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    So in other words WoW is the only game you play for 4 hours every single day and it's "not that bad". lol
    Yes? I actually enjoy playing wow, i am not interested in any other game, also this happens only for 3-5 weeks at the start of every tier, then i move to farm schedule and i can play only 6 to 8 hours week (most times i will play more because i still enjoy it); and play other games or do IRL stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamercus View Post
    I actually think Blizzard listened when it comes to mechanics bloat in Nyalotha as that issue has been cleanly addressed. There are other issues (like corruption acquisition, balance, etc.) but the bosses are mechanically relatively straightforward. The tuning is a little tight so that it's not forgiving for low output players, but there is nothing like EP or even some BoD bosses with gazillions of mechanics.
    I agree - And there's even some interesting throwback bosses in the dungeon like Wrathion and Shadhar that really evoke classic WoW raid design.

So I guess that's why I felt like there is 1 or 2 mechanics missing on each boss..

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    I agree - And there's even some interesting throwback bosses in the dungeon like Wrathion and Shadhar that really evoke classic WoW raid design.
    Realistically, a couple target dummies arent that bad to exist now and then, friendly rivarly/competition between members and random mocking moments is what makes a boring re-clear, rather manageable.

I agree there was mechanics bloat, but and I feel like non-end bosses should only have a few core mechanics, but they should have added additional mechanics/phases to N'Zoth.

Example: Nightwell, which should be the template for all raid design IMO
    - First few bosses are very straightforward, mechanics hinted at in dungeons
    - Some mid bosses have a core mechanic that's challenging but after a couple nights, most people will "get it" (Star Augur, Ellisande)
    - End boss has a few different phases with vastly different mechanics (Gul'dan)

Quote Originally Posted by dreamdaddy View Post
    I agree there was mechanics bloat, but and I feel like non-end bosses should only have a few core mechanics, but they should have added additional mechanics/phases to N'Zoth.

Example: Nightwell, which should be the template for all raid design IMO
    - First few bosses are very straightforward, mechanics hinted at in dungeons
    - Some mid bosses have a core mechanic that's challenging but after a couple nights, most people will "get it" (Star Augur, Ellisande)
    - End boss has a few different phases with vastly different mechanics (Gul'dan)
    N'zoth (innards) is a worse fight than N'zoth (carapace).

Nightwell was just an amazing raid in every way and they have not recaptured that mojo since. N'zoth (innards) suffers from the "irrelevant p1" problem that so many of the BFA endbosses have had. That whole cycle is just sort of dull but not as fussy or challenging as G'huun p1 or Jaina p1. Azshara p1 was not fussy or challenging... just the gaming equivalent of snorting crushed Benadryl.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    The way they did the Wrathion mythic mechanic is a great template for how to do it with other bosses. It adds one thing that changes how you play and magnifies the difficulty of the other mechanics without inflating the number of mechanics or just adding bullet hell stuff. The other nice thing about the mythic mechanic is that it increases the utility value of classes like paladins (any) because of BoF and priests with lifegrip.

On Vexiona the mythic mechanic is also good despite its simplicity because it forces you to plan your positioning and movement on the fly as a group without just bloating up the number of different boss abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Realistically, a couple target dummies arent that bad to exist now and then, friendly rivarly/competition between members and random mocking moments is what makes a boring re-clear, rather manageable.
    I wouldn't mind if they actually change Skitra to change every 33% or 25% rather than every 20%. They had the same issue with Mythrax back in Uldir. He used to change phases every 25% but they fixed it to 33% before live, because it was annoying af. Skitra phasing every 20% is just... aids.