Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    This thread did not age well. 8.3 has been disastrous, filled with bugs and huge issues, on top of lack luster visions and from what I hear not the best raid.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharby View Post
    I did the Mage Tower first day and first try as well.

But I still think the MT was better because getting tickets wasn't timegated.

On top of this the reward from MT is something I still use to this day on a ton of alts. MT was also extremely alt-friendly and near the end of Legion I did like 20 of them on FRESH alts.

IDK what cosmetics are gained from visions but I doubt its on part with weapon skins; on top of this an alt isn't doing mask run anytime soon because its gated to prevent you from doing so.

Shit's lame as hell.

EDIT: What they should do to make visions better is remove passive sanity drain and increase the drain from eating mechanics. That way alts from skilled players can still go far.
    FoS title, 2 mounts. Note that the title seems like it will be unobtainable come 9.0

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    This thread did not age well. 8.3 has been disastrous, filled with bugs and huge issues, on top of lack luster visions and from what I hear not the best raid.
    Fight mechanics are decent, but damn blizz didn't test Mythic at all apparantly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonDays View Post
    This isn't even remotely true. Some dude has already 5 cleared it, solo. Using a plethora of bullshit buffs.

The Vision has research, cloak upgrades, gear scaling and food buffs. Plus you could do it in a group

The Mage Tower only had iLevel.
    So, because "Some Guilds" have Cleared the Mythic Raid in a couple of days, Mythic Raiding is Piss Easy. Got it.

If it so Easy, why dont you post your Armory so we can see that you have it? I would guess you didnt even Clear it without masks.

Quote Originally Posted by LanToaster View Post
    So, because "Some Guilds" have Cleared the Mythic Raid in a couple of days, Mythic Raiding is Piss Easy. Got it.

If it so Easy, why dont you post your Armory so we can see that you have it? I would guess you didnt even Clear it without masks.
    What does mean this post?

There is already a video of a Shadow Priest with 5 mask clearing the vision, beside the nearly godlike bis gear that prove the point that vision aren't challenging just snowball them asap.

At least Tower Mage had a grace period ( the first 2 weeks ) were some fights were 100% skill, no fancy talent tree not corruption carrying

Inviato dal mio SM-G950F utilizzando Tapatalk

I find visions boring as hell after getting cloak rank 10 and the reptition is not for me. Wow has lost it soul for good this time. 8.3 is just asian grind simulator in the worst way possible...

Quote Originally Posted by Dioporco View Post
    What does mean this post?

There is already a video of a Shadow Priest with 5 mask clearing the vision, beside the nearly godlike bis gear that prove the point that vision aren't challenging just snowball them asap.

At least Tower Mage had a grace period ( the first 2 weeks ) were some fights were 100% skill, no fancy talent tree not corruption carrying

Inviato dal mio SM-G950F utilizzando Tapatalk
    So, if its so Easy, post your Armory and show everyone that you got it. Otherwise, the ability of others doesnt give you credit to determine if something is easy or hard, that you didnt do/accomplish.

- - - Updated - - -

Additionally this is the Interesting part. You keep contradicting yourself.
    "Mage Tower was hard because it was 100% Skill", yet 99% of the MageTower guides I´ve read said:
    "If you dont get it, wait a bit get a bit more Gear and it gets easier".

The Only difference now is:
    If you are not Good enough, you will make eventual Progress. There is no Hard deadline set, that will make it Easier.

If you wait enough, you will steamroll through the Vision, however, I doubt that a fully Upgraded Cloak will make the Vision at 5 Masks as easy as the MageTower was for (certain) classes with Antorus Gear. Until that, you will get only as far as your own skill get you.

Which in my Opinion is far better than the MageTower, steady Progress is more fun (for me) than running several times into a Brick wall.

So, if its so Easy, post your Armory and show everyone that you got it. Otherwise, the ability of others doesnt give you credit to determine if something is easy or hard, that you didnt do/accomplish.
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ch...sions-of-nzoth

3rd from top

- - - Updated - - -

Additionally this is the Interesting part. You keep contradicting yourself.
    "Mage Tower was hard because it was 100% Skill", yet 99% of the MageTower guides I´ve read said:
    "If you dont get it, wait a bit get a bit more Gear and it gets easier".
    That because you dont understand written English, "at least had a grace period" because after 2 weeks people will eventually stomp a lots of them due to itm lvl

While Vision are just gated behind gear and not skill, especially since you can do them in group and there is a talent tree that makes trivial the content itself.

Plus, and this is the base difference, vision is the same content for all classes and thus some classes have a clear advantage like DH and others no like Shadow Priests, while Tower Mage had a different fight for each of your spec that was somehow suited for it, even if some fight were trivial by day 1

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ch...sions-of-nzoth

3rd from top

- - - Updated - - -

That because you dont understand written English, "at least had a grace period" because after 2 weeks people will eventually stomp a lots of them due to itm lvl

While Vision are just gated behind gear and not skill, especially since you can do them in group and there is a talent tree that makes trivial the content itself.

Plus, and this is the base difference, vision is the same content for all classes and thus some classes have a clear advantage like DH and others no like Shadow Priests, while Tower Mage had a different fight for each of your spec that was somehow suited for it, even if some fight were trivial by day 1
    Neat. Now unlock Mad World.

Quote Originally Posted by Reivur View Post
    Neat. Now unlock Mad World.
    There is a problem, SW gave me AIDS and not just because Leaden Foot

Now you insult people? Thats exactly what I said.
    The only Difference is now, that the Grace Period is not fixed to a bit of Gear.

While I dont have it, I doubt that the Difference between Ilvl 450 and 470 is that large, but apart from that.
    The stuff that makes the Vision really Easier, is not getting better gear, but Skilling the Cloak and getting the Talents.
    (Even though I feel that the Only really Impactfull Talents are the Free Death and 200 Sanity/Elite, the Others dont impatc that much)

This is the same, or even longer grace period you have with the MageTower.

And the difference is what?

DeamonHunter had a Piss Easy MageTower themselves in Legion.
    Not to mention the Differences in Difficulty between the Tanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    I think the raid looks phenomenal and isn't too easy on mythic.

But fuck visions. They're a ton of fun but I already lost two keys to bugs. Once got headbutted into geometry and stuck, and once to a disconnect. I had 800ish sanity and cheat death ready and it was still over when I got back in almost instantly. It's a great design!

- - - Updated - - -

(Even though I feel that the Only really Impactfull Talents are the Free Death and 200 Sanity/Elite, the Others dont impatc that much)
    You're free to think so, but you're patently wrong. The final research is insane and branching into the other sides of the tree also brings huge benefit. Increasing your sanity pool by 150 has a huge impact on the value of literally all other means of preserving or gaining sanity.

It alone accounts for 600 sanity with 3 orbs, plus whatever you lose to occasionally overcapping.

Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    You're free to think so, but you're patently wrong. The final research is insane and branching into the other sides of the tree also brings huge benefit. Increasing your sanity pool by 150 has a huge impact on the value of literally all other means of preserving or gaining sanity.
    Thats why I said: "I feel", in numbers they are definetly Huge. The other Traits also sound awesome, but they dont really feel that way (for me).

Especially the final Research, it sounds way better than it actually performed for me. Granted, i dont see myself as an above Average Player.

To elaborate: On Both Unlocks, The Free Death, aswell as the 200 Sanity/Elite, I basically gained a whole Zone on all of my Chars when Unlocked. All the Other Traits didnt have half the Effect by themselves. Its plain Obvious that you gain quite an Effect if you finish your Tree.

But my Point was that a fully skilled TalentTree wont give you a full 5 mask Clear for free.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    Found the tower more fun, vision keep doing weird bugs and have annoying stuff in them. Falling threw the world, getting stuck in combat, stupid timer.. too much bs added to them. Love to explore the place but have to go go go cause reasons. Sad.
    Stuck in combat? you are pulling stuff that cant move and not killing it.
    falling through the world? never seen that.
    Wierd timer? towers had that too, an "enrage"
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Stuck in combat? you are pulling stuff that cant move and not killing it.
    falling through the world? never seen that.
    Wierd timer? towers had that too, an "enrage"
    Ya with that stupid thing that makes you run, fell threw the world. Restarted continued was stuck in combat and died to the timer. The visions timer i don’t feel like it’s the same as a boss enrage, you can still last a bit after the enrage.
    It also felt better to finally kill the tower boss, the visions don’t feel like a real tangible threat, just a sort of what if thing if that makes sense.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    Ya with that stupid thing that makes you run, fell threw the world. Restarted continued was stuck in combat and died to the timer. The visions timer i don’t feel like it’s the same as a boss enrage, you can still last a bit after the enrage.
    It also felt better to finally kill the tower boss, the visions don’t feel like a real tangible threat, just a sort of what if thing if that makes sense.
    dont run then, jump so you arnt forced to run.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

That's not your armory tho, it's mine, quite evident with my name here and on the armory.

Quote Originally Posted by Rinnegan2 View Post
    BIG OOOF

turns out with masks it's actually 10 times harder than mage tower ever was even with low item level.
    Still you can be carried

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nize View Post
    No worries - give it like a month or 2. With cloak sanity reduction at 80% with full upgrades, 5 mask runs will become a joke and we'll be getting freebie 470, 465, and 460 pieces every week.
    Considering one gives you 400% more sanity damage even the extra 30% resistance wont do much there.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Considering one gives you 400% more sanity damage even the extra 30% resistance wont do much there.
    Going from 50% to 80% resistance is 2,5 times less sanity damage taken from everything, not just creature damage like the 5 times more sanity drain mask.
    Since 5 Masks are possible on most classes already, with basically 2,5 times more time it will be way easier and doable by most people.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Penegal View Post
    I asked him this because he was complaining that the visions have ways to be made easier. News flash, so did the Mage Tower. People were acting like that Tower was so insanely challenging on a spiritual level. It was like, what, 5-6 fights for the 36 specs? Both are challenging and can be done solo. The main reason people have such 'fond' memories of the Mage Tower was because it had an appearance tied to it that got removed when the new expansion launched.

- - - Updated - - -

If you read what I wrote before that, I did mention you try it without talents. Also, it was differeent, yes. But considering how there were like 5-6 fights (maybe I'm wrong about the total number) for the 36 specs it's pretty much the same. You can separate each of the districts and you'll have the same thing. The reason people hype the mage tower was because it had an appearance that got removed. The challenge is the same. If you want to tell me that the mage tower was more challenging than completing both visions solo with 5-masks active, I just can't take you seriously.
    Again.. this was a time that most people didnt have op gear and.. idk why I am still explaining this so I stop it here.

Its just stupid, because I mentioned this while quoting the other I mean realy.. I just tild you I never said that. End of that.

Its a differnt time now and most people have very good gear already so shits much easier.

That time mage tower came out for the third time.. without leggos or any op shit back then.. it was fer sure harder then visions. No one is talking about the appearences?? Yea this is going nowhere lol.

Good luck lol.