Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    it looks like shit on almost every class/spec except like warlocks/spriests I dont know why there's people in this thread defending it. I dont want purple void shit on my shaman/hunter/druid/etc it's thematically clashing and bad artistic design

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    It only seems to work if you equip 80+ Corruption while you're in Shadow form. If you drop Shadow form then go back, you'll be blue.

Note: I don't glyph Shadow form.
    Any character will turn red if you have enough corruption to get the +%damage taken/-%healing taken effect.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Greyfang View Post
    we dont really understand how it works yet.
    Your problems aren't "we" problems. Here is how it has always worked:

Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    My god, 40-79 looks absolutely awful. I'm at 1-39 and I thought that was bad. I'm glad I don't play the game enough to ever get that high.

I cleanse every piece of corruption gear as soon I get it, on every character. That blue glow look is so bad I just won't do it. Plus F the bonuses or whatever corruption gear even offers? I just refuse to play Blizzard's game this way. What's wrong with getting gear from M+ and just using that?

Plus when I did keep corruption gear on, I'd get this strange gem over my head and this purple circle underneath me doing damage to myself. From there I said F this crap.

All my guys are i460+ and I am always first or second place dps in dungeon runs, without ever using corruption gear.
    Last edited by Zorachus; 2020-02-18 at 06:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    My god, 40-79 looks absolutely awful. I'm at 1-39 and I thought that was bad. I'm glad I don't play the game enough to ever get that high.
    Maybe you can ask Blizzard to make Mary Kay the next boss instead of N'zoth so you can feel pretty?
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    I cleanse every piece of corruption gear as soon I get it, on every character. That blue glow look is so bad I just won't do it. Plus F the bonuses or whatever corruption gear even offers? I just refuse to play Blizzard's game this way. What's wrong with getting gear from M+ and just using that?

All my guys are i460+ and I am always first or second place dps in dungeon runs, without ever using corruption gear.
    You're probably just getting into groups then that aren't on a similar level/gear with the corruption honestly.

Stuff like echoing void and twilight devastation will still cause quite a difference.

That being said, pretty sure it appears based on corruption resistance, my warlock is constantly at like 75 corruption with like 40 resistance, and no visual. Same with my paladin.

My DH put on a single piece though, had 15 corruption and the void appeared.

Basically just level your cape and use to new essences as minors. As long as your resistance is higher than your active corruption, shouldn't have anything.

Any character will turn red if you have enough corruption to get the +%damage taken/-%healing taken effect.

- - - Updated - - -

Your problems aren't "we" problems. Here is how it has always worked:

Yeah, except it does work different with Shadow form as I clearly described. If you drop out of Shadow form then re-enter it, Shadow form overlaps the red Corruption effect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe you can ask Blizzard to make Mary Kay the next boss instead of N'zoth so you can feel pretty?
    Are you really acting like cosmetics aren't an important part of the game?

Quote Originally Posted by spalernTJ View Post
    This doesn't really work though. Corruption is way, way too powerful to just "Remove if you don't like it." Aesthetics are one of the most important relations players have to their character. Sure, there's plenty of players that don't care what their character looks like, but I am ready to bet that most people want their character to look the way they want, that's why Transmog exists, that's why you have options for appearance when you make your character.

The corruption effect you gain from items sticks out like a sore thumb in my opinion. They do not adhere to the theme they origin from, they do not look good, they do not add much to your character. It's corruption, why would corruption light up like a reverse Christmas tree on your body? Especially corruption brought forward by the "Schemer" of the old gods? Ways to turn it off, or the effect itself being more subtle is not a lot to ask for.
    If it was that important then you would cleanse your items. If it isn't then it proves that being more powerful is more important.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

How zoomed in are some of you playing? Like I agree its not the most pleasing look but at normal play distance I barely notice it.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Penegal View Post
    Do you play the game or stare at your character's ass 24/7 while online?
    All my toons are female for a reason GIGGIDY GIGGIDY GOO!

lol at this thread... seriously...

Glad there's classic that is still not plagued with cosmetic bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Solution: Roll SPriest and glow red instead:

They have red one? Cool.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

That's the theme of the patch. You can always just cleanse the gear or not wear the pieces with corruption. You can't really play comfortably above 40 corruption anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Gdcotton View Post
    Well this is the whiniest thing Ive seen on here in awhile. Get over it. Its the point of the corruption.
    Right? I was thinking the same thing.

Cosmetics are important part of gameplay for many people.

I expect those who defend this to be the people who don't care about cosmetics much or at all. "I dont care about it so you shouldnt care either! Whingey idiots why you even play this game!!!11?! Unquip your items if u dont liek it!!! No one will care that you do 50% less dps than anyone else in your group/raid!!!"

The void shit on my character fucks up the appearance. I want it gone. Its simple as that.

Idk why they went with that "someone constantly spilling grape juice over you" look of a projected texture, rather than the shaders they use for things like when you get painted by the mechagon paint robots. I hate even the lowest levels of corruption.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?

Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    This is just absolutely nonsense, corruption is not optional for progression content. It can be 15-20% of your dps just from proc effects alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyris Flare View Post
    This is just absolutely nonsense, corruption is not optional for progression content. It can be 15-20% of your dps just from proc effects alone.
    So I'm forced to use corruption gear now? I only run lower keys, typically +5 to +10's are my regular runs.

So to remain in the top 2 in the run I need start wearing corrupted gear?

That sucks.

in 5s and 10s it won't matter, no, but for anything remotely progression content like mythic raiding or +15s it is absolutely vital to have good corruption effects. It is literally millions and millions of damage. In the average 15 my twilight devastation or r3 tentacles does ~10 million damage, close to Focusing Iris major. On some raid fights, Infinite Stars will do a fifth or a quarter of someone's total damage.

This isn't even counting the other stat proc ones which we'll eventually be wearing in the corruption budget