Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    This is why you ideally want lawyers instead of english majors. You want to make things as concise as possible to leave as little room for leeway (with how we currently deal with laws)
    I was referring specifically to the names of these damn bills rather than their text, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    In big gold letters it says "Enclosed is your official 2020 CONGRESSIONAL DISTRICT CENSUS " I guess morons could be fooled by this.

- - - Updated - - -

What law did the break?
    Is there anything you people won't defend?

Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    That act name is so specific I actually had to look it up to see if it was real and you weren't just playin'. But it's real, and Here it is for anyone curious.
    According to the original article in the OP it was written because the RNC pulled this crap in 2010 and this law was the result.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    Are you illiterate?
    Apparently I am not because as I quoted earlier they didn't break a law, so if I am write that means you...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Is there anything you people won't defend?
    Not defending it, in fact I said it was underhanded in a post. But I care for facts, they didn't break a law, skirt it yes, but didn't break. It's in the OP article that they didn't break the law. They plan on changing the law so next time they do it, it will.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently I am not because as I quoted earlier they didn't break a law, so if I am write that means you...
    I specifically cited the law they are in apparent violation of, so apparently you are.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

I specifically cited the law they are in apparent violation of, so apparently you are.
    What an illiterate person cite the source why you are wrong?

Clearly you didn't read the source

“Clearly, the RNC has found a way to skirt the law deliberately, making their actions even more reprehensible,” she said in a statement. “These mailings sow confusion at a time when the public needs clarity about the census – putting an accurate count in danger.

“I am now working to strengthen the language of the Prevent Deceptive Census Look Alike Mailings Act so that these dirty political tricks can’t be used in the future.”

They didn't break the law, but they did skirt it. I am not saying what they are doing isn't underhanded, just saying they didn't break a law. To say otherwise is lying.
    They didn't break it, which is why she said she is working on strengthening the existing law so next time they would, funny you didn't read that.....

Maybe you never have filled out a census before or forgot what one looks like?

People have. That's why the law exists, and why this action is so shady. Because it looks exactly like one, and this is far from the first time Republicans have done this.

Basically he's playing semantics. While they didn't violate the law by the letter and wont get legal trouble they did violate the spirit of the law. It's a piss poor defense from our totes woke independent.

Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    how is this not illegal?
    Since when the GOP gave a shit about the law?
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

What an illiterate person cite the source why you are wrong?

They didn't break it, which is why she said she is working on strengthening the existing law so next time they would, funny you didn't read that.....

This is in the same vien of well the bad thing that is happening isn't 100% agreed settled science so we shouldn't bother trying to do anything about it.

It doesn't matter it they found loopholes it's 100% deceptive to take money from unknowing people subject to scams, and to get the same people not to participate in the census. Good thing is this should disproportionately hurt red states giving the less lower innthe future.

But look. Once again, the unwoke indepublican is defending another shitty practice of the GOP.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    This is in the same vien of well the bad thing that is happening isn't 100% agreed settled science so we shouldn't bother trying to do anything about it.

It doesn't matter it they found loopholes it's 100% deceptive to take money from unknowing people subject to scams, and to get the same people not to participate in the census. Good thing is this should disproportionately hurt red states giving the less lower innthe future.

But look. Once again, the unwoke indepublican is defending another shitty practice of the GOP.
    Listen hard of hearing, I never condoned it, I condemned it, and I agree about closing the loophole. I only pointed out it wasn't illegal because they skirted the law, sorry if facts make you angry.

Listen hard of hearing, I never condoned it, I condemned it, and I agree about closing the loophole. I only pointed out it wasn't illegal because they skirted the law, sorry if facts make you angry.
    Did you just call someone "hard of hearing" in a text based communication environment?

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Did you just call someone "hard of hearing" in a text based communication environment?
    I mean you're responding to a guy who posts articles that often disprove the point he's trying to make because he simply didn't read the article body itself. What else do you expect?

Also, the application of laws is going to depend on the judge. And in most cases like this, the judge will go with the spirit of the law rather than the letter of the law. Just because the RNC found a way around this law's wording doesn't mean they didn't break a law. Brought to court, I could easily see a judge ruling against them since they DID disguise a fund raising scam letter as a census sheet. There are a lot of judges who would rule against them despite the technical loop hole, because this scam violates the spirit of the law.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Oops, I didn't see the one post if his that he actually sad what conservatives did was bad. He's still a bad faith shitposter even if he is in the right side of history once.

IDK about you but I always try to talk to other posters here and no one ever responds! Maybe my mic is broken ������

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Scam early, scam often.
    Works with a "u" as well.
    Pretty much the GOP's moniker at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Pretty much the GOP's moniker at this point.
    This point? They've been like this for over 40 years now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not defending it, in fact I said it was underhanded in a post.
    *LOUD ANNOYING BUZZER*

No you didn't.

They didn't break the law, but they did skirt it. I am not saying what they are doing isn't underhanded, just saying they didn't break a law. To say otherwise is lying.
    You never said it was underhanded. You just refused to say it wasn't. That's not the same thing and you know it. For example, I'm not saying you aren't a wombat. I'm not saying you aren't a six-pack of Lysol spray cans. I'm not saying you aren't Garrosh's left pauldron. I'm not saying a lot of things.

You have yet to actually condemn it. In fact, you said "I condemned it" when you have yet to do so, so, that statement is also objectively false, as is objectively proven by reading what few posts you've made on the topic.

So why don't you fix the issue, right now? Just say "I condemn this action". Feel free to cut and paste. Just condemn it, remove all doubt, and be done with it. Like, right now. Because as of now, not only have you failed to do so, but you claimed you have when you have not. Twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    *LOUD ANNOYING BUZZER*

No you didn't.

You never said it was underhanded. You just refused to say it wasn't. That's not the same thing and you know it. For example, I'm not saying you aren't a wombat. I'm not saying you aren't a six-pack of Lysol spray cans. I'm not saying you aren't Garrosh's left pauldron. I'm not saying a lot of things.

You have yet to actually condemn it. In fact, you said "I condemned it" when you have yet to do so, so, that statement is also objectively false, as is objectively proven by reading what few posts you've made on the topic.

So why don't you fix the issue, right now? Just say "I condemn this action". Feel free to cut and paste. Just condemn it, remove all doubt, and be done with it. Like, right now. Because as of now, not only have you failed to do so, but you claimed you have when you have not. Twice.
    So you just proved me to me you can't read.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Flarelaine; 2020-02-25 at 06:58 PM. Reason: Trolling

So you just proved me to me you can't read.
    lol, even backed into a corner, you still can’t do it.

Shocked and amazed, I say.