Page 1 of 12
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

What are you expecting from the new customization options?

Here's what we know so far:
    • Tattoos
    • Ethnicities for humans
    • New skin colors
    • New hairstyles
    • Selecting eye color individually
    • Boneless undeads
    • Draenei tail length
    • Blood elves already have 40+ new customization options

My question is, are blood elves getting preferential treatment or is the "40+ options" going to be a standard for all races? What about Allied Races, are they going to receive the same treatment as everyone else or will they continue getting sidelined in the development process? Are there going to be some more revolutionary additions such as a height toggle/slider, or will the options mostly boil down to what we already know?

I'm personally not expecting anything crazy, but no matter how you look at it, 40+ new options for every race is crazy—although I would admittedly feel a bit cheated if they ended up being mainly new eye and skin colors.

What are you expecting (or hoping) the new customization options to be?

15+ Year Old Account
    Hadn’t given it a great deal of thought, but boneless undead is the coolest thing in there. Assuming non cloth wearers still don’t look like ragamuffins.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

Boob and butt sliders!

But nah, I'd go for more tattoos really.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Boob and butt sliders!
    I know you're joking but I wouldn't mind. About 20 years too early for PG Blizzard though.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Boob and butt sliders!

But nah, I'd go for more tattoos really.
    They stopped the playerbase from doing it themselves so they know by the ban rate they sent out just how big the demand is!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Boneless Undead just sounds funny, like we'll get a gelatinous blob, but I know what the wording means.

I know we won't get to customize height and body shapes, so what's announced is as good as it'll get.

Hopefully Worgen and Goblins don't get left out again
    For specific things I want, well white skin colors for worgen, half-elf options for humans, half-troll options for orcs, Big beards for Night elves (plus for the blindfold not to be restricted to one face), and Dragonmaw orc skins

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Psykho View Post
    Hopefully Worgen and Goblins don't get left out again
    Big beards for Night elves (plus for the blindfold not to be restricted to one face)
    I hope we'll be able to choose the eyebrows separate from the other options as well. Night elf male faces are kind of a mess at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    I hope we'll be able to choose the eyebrows separate from the other options as well. Night elf male faces are kind of a mess at the moment.
    Same with male Worgen's ears, they should be disconnecting from their beards

Honestly i just want body sliders, new hairs, faces, skins, scars and necklaces options.

- - - Updated - - -

And maybe a tone of voice change too, because we all look the same, talk the same, and maybe some new like new voices and more emotes.

- - - Updated - - -

Also the treatment is for the old races first, since the allied races - void elf, brought more customization to blood elf type, was about time to give more to actual blood elf, but for other races to not feel a bit, on the side with so much options, those are going to be applied to every single other race with way more options, if it's 40 or not, im not sure.

For the allied races, i'm pretty sure i don't think i'm the only one but for example, nightborne feels lacking skins and more options, for a allied race, i think they should have more options. The rest i think it's quite ok, and alliance i don't play tbh so i'm not sure, i haven't even looked well to those besides void elves, cause they look stunning.

I think, overall much races need a makeover. And in all. Not just one. But i think that will come with time. The game is so old, and is about time, to do a makeover.

the blood elf talk worries me. there no reason they should have any darker skin tones than they currently do. give us hair, blue eyes, chipped ears, new ear rings, makeup, some new faces maybe, but fucking please no darker skins or ethnic faces. humans are the ones with ethnicities, not elves. i should say, we already HAVE elven ethnicities basically, in the form of all the different types of elves we can be.

i definitely want longer tails for draenei, better horns, hairstyles to be redesigned for them so that they all conform to the fact that the draenei has horns, not just growing out from under the horn.

for every race, i'd like a bald and a buzz cut option for female. that pretty haircut that the girl from game of thrones had, the girl with the smirk. tattoos, scars, anything they can think of that's not lorebreaking.

Hopefully non-hunched Undead as well.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    that pretty haircut that the girl from game of thrones had, the girl with the smirk.
    Who? Margaery?

Who? Margaery?
    couldn't remember her name till just now, natalie dormer. this cut.

https://img.buzzfeed.com/buzzfeed-st...downsize=360:*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    couldn't remember her name till just now, natalie dormer. this cut.

https://img.buzzfeed.com/buzzfeed-st...downsize=360:*
    Oh yeah, that haircut. Some of the vrykul women have it as I recall. Wouldn't be too difficult to port it over to other races, I guess.

Unleash hair color! I don't wanna hear anything any more to the tune of "racial palette" in a world where dye certainly exists and nightelves are mages and can't do fiery red hair to match all the fiery red transmogs and themes that exist for mages! And for the love of god give black hair to every damned race! Nightelves only having access to black hair if they're a "hero class" is just dumb!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omedon View Post
    Unleash hair color! And for the love of god give black hair to every damned race! Nightelves only having access to black hair if they're a "hero class" is just dumb!
    I'm a strong advocate for this. All of my night elves have white hair because it feels like nothing else looks quite right.

5+ Year Old Account
    Stuff I want:
    -Mummified Undead
    -Eyebrowed/aged Goblin males
    -Slightly hunched option for Draenei males (instead of puffing out chest)
    -3D tentacle rings for Draenei instead of painted-on 2D textures
    -Un-hunched Darkspear Troll males
    -More beard options for Gnomes that don't clip through helms
    -Blue eye option for Blood elves
    -Long beards for Humans (ie: Antonidas)
    -Pale Orcs
    -Dragonmaw Orcs
    -Pure white & pure black Pandaren
    -Vulpera-like fur patterns for Worgen
    -Draenic runes for Draenei (similar to Lightforged but blue)

My expectations are low so I'd be pleasantly surprised if I see any of this added.
    Kupo.

I'm a strong advocate for this. All of my night elves have white hair because it feels like nothing else looks quite right.
    Nightelves are a big pet peeve and their palette is such an outdated imposition! My priest is a nightelf and my ideal aesthetic for him is close to castlevania dracula (bring on the Venthyr!) , and I have the armor to achieve that look, but he switches between blue hair, white hair and all encompassing hoods because jesus H christ I just want black hair! His brother in law the demon hunter has black hair, let's make this happen!
    Last edited by Omedon; 2020-02-19 at 12:57 AM.

Oh yeah, that haircut. Some of the vrykul women have it as I recall. Wouldn't be too difficult to port it over to other races, I guess.
    i know it probably won't look as good on the wow models, but i do like the cut.

you gotta have a razor's edge jawline like natalie to pull that off.