Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Raspberry Lemon View Post
    lots? where? never been any bomb where i live...
    Malmö, Gotheborg, Stockholm

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-50339977
    Last edited by Jeb007; 2020-02-18 at 08:44 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    If I could work remotely, somewhere warm and tropical, where the people are friendly. I don't care how great social programs a country has if they are cold and unfeeling, or have no cultural or religious values.
    I'm curious what you put into this. And I would assume just about every place has "cultural values".

Usually people who say this value that women stay in the kitchen.
    Last edited by Aurgjelme; 2020-02-18 at 10:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurgjelme View Post
    I'm curious what you put into this. And I would assume just about every place has "cultural values".

Usually people who say this value that women stay in the kitchen.
    In some regards, yes, I'm more referring to places where hedonism, relativism, and political ideologies haven't trumped other aspects of identity and culture.

And I said nothing for women in the kitchen, not at all, I would just prefer to live somewhere where people don't look at you as an inferior person because you happen to practice a religion, or don't feel the need to lecture you about how bad they read religion was on the internet. It all comes down to personal preference, I prefer cultures like Mediterranean, Latin America, Middle Eastern, or Pacific Islanders where people are more outgoing and warm. Maybe because I tend to be on the reserved side and want something different. I've lived alongside frigid people long enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Japan, Norway, Finland, Iceland.

In general, any country that has western values for the most part (democracy, equality, decency) and isn't multi-cultural. Typically these countries have very low crime and the people are very friendly. Communities are still very tightly knit and people actually talk to each other.

As a society grows more multi-cultural, people just stop going out. Stop talking to their neighbours even. Its sad. Everyone immediately becomes far less trusting the second they're living on a street with multiple families that don't speak their language.

So yeah, any of those would be good. Sad that they'll probably die to multiculturalism within 20 years, too.
    ^^^^

Currently, the West is going down the toilet. The United States is far and away the best Western country, but even it is sinking.

If I were to move, I'd probably go to Japan or South Korea, the last bastions of stability in the Western world. That said, I wouldn't have a good chance getting into either, as one of the reasons why they are so stable is because they reject the globalist agenda and foreigners. Also, once the US falls, South Korea and Japan will be left to fend for themselves against the rising superpower that is China. The rest of the world isn't going to actually back them up with any more than words. Japan should begin militarizing. The rest of the world doesn't have the balls to help them, nor has the balls to actually stop them from doing so.

The end of Western civilization as we knew it approaches.

Wouldn't WANT to move anywhere else, but if I HAD to then probably England.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss
    The end of Western civilization as we knew it approaches.
    As it does every 10-20 years. Like language, culture is something that changes.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

France, for le art. Anywhere in Europe, really, because fuck the US.

Thought about this extensively. America is the only country I'd like to be in.

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    In some regards, yes, I'm more referring to places where hedonism, relativism, and political ideologies haven't trumped other aspects of identity and culture.

And I said nothing for women in the kitchen, not at all, I would just prefer to live somewhere where people don't look at you as an inferior person because you happen to practice a religion, or don't feel the need to lecture you about how bad they read religion was on the internet. It all comes down to personal preference, I prefer cultures like Mediterranean, Latin America, Middle Eastern, or Pacific Islanders where people are more outgoing and warm. Maybe because I tend to be on the reserved side and want something different. I've lived alongside frigid people long enough.
    South Korea?

Putting the political issues aside, Iran.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinro
    South Korea?
    As I looked at future adventures, of course I had to consider South Korea. I ruled it out because I feel like I'd always be associated with impressions formed by the many years of American soldiers that have been stationed there.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmouse View Post
    As I looked at future adventures, of course I had to consider South Korea. I ruled it out because I feel like I'd always be associated with impressions formed by the many years of American soldiers that have been stationed there.
    Well, if you'd be doing what you've been doing in China I don't think anyone would associate you with soldiers.
    Last edited by Freighter; 2020-02-19 at 03:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IsmaelCraig52 View Post
    Hmm I don't know about Sweden.. lots of bombings by immigrants there nowadays. Seems that the deep state runs the whole country until there are only ruins left.
    That narrative got old in 2016.

And a very respected expert has clear suspicions that the bombings having no targets, are by far-right movements wanting to cause turmoil. He's usually correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Jinro Good to know. I may visit South Korea some day just to have good food and drinks, but for now it looks like Azerbaijan is locked in for the next adventure and work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raspberry Lemon View Post
    japan and south korea? western world? they are eastern...
    don't indulge their conspiracy theories by responding

Canada or Finland.

Only reason I don't ATM is a) family and b) feking cold in those parts! Me HATEZ cold! >_<

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe Denmark or the Netherlands. Culturally very similar to where I live now and no downgrade in living standards, but warmer and better location for traveling.

Another option would be a 2nd home in maybe Spain or Portugal where I could spend autumns and winters. Technically it would be possible with my current work, just not quite possible economically right now :P

I've traveled to 47 states, Canada, Mexico, and about 10 (non Scandinavian) European countries, the only place I would consider moving to would be Italy. Of the places I haven't been to, maybe Japan.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    That narrative got old in 2016.

And a very respected expert has clear suspicions that the bombings having no targets, are by far-right movements wanting to cause turmoil. He's usually correct.
    Go on......
    “I've noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.”
    ― Ronald Regan

Live in the U.S. but if I had to chose Japan
    I am not pro Flight, I am pro a better more engaging game. I just took the pro flight stance cause I knew Blizzard couldn't deliver. Looks like I was right