Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fetus Rex View Post
    Yes, because her opinion of the Horde doesn't break the Blood Oath. She may very well hate them all and order mass suicide and it wouldn't change a thing.
    If she leaves the Horde then she in no longer the warchief.....

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    I saw orcs leading Sylvanas loyalists in chains in Orgrimmar, and I noticed some of them were blood elf. It seemed ... out of place. I had a sense that if anyone should be handling Belf dissidents or Sylvanas loyalists, it should be the blood elves. Lor'themar should be insisting they take their own and punish them according to their own customs.
    why he would stand up for the Sylvanus loyalist? the traitors of the horde?

why it matters who handle things with the loyalists? they are in orgrimmar, the orc city, obviously the orcs will have more presence there, they will be punished by horde laws, the world don't spin around elves

Let's also bear in mind that Lor'themar himself switched loyalties near the end, and supposedly more and more were joining the rebels.. who's to say some of those on the other side of Orgrimmar, would not have joined later?
    If they are imprisoned, obviously then do not seek to change side.

Also do we know what qualifies as a Sylvanas loyalist exactly? .
    everyone who still want to follow her despite what happened in the gates

i'm more curious what lorthemar thinks about certain blood elves who are helping the Alliance...cough...cough valeera

Quote Originally Posted by gurutikka View Post
    i'm more curious what lorthemar thinks about certain blood elves who are helping the Alliance...cough...cough valeera
    Valeera is a race traitor. Like all elves who think about human D first and family and nation later.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    why he would stand up for the Sylvanus loyalist? the traitors of the horde?

why it matters who handle things with the loyalists? they are in orgrimmar, the orc city, obviously the orcs will have more presence there, they will be punished by horde laws, the world don't spin around elves

If they are imprisoned, obviously then do not seek to change side.

everyone who still want to follow her despite what happened in the gates
    Lmao orcs and alliance fans feeling superior when you spell the name of Sylvanas wrong on purpose? You're not getting an award for that mate.
    Last edited by Grazrug; 2020-02-19 at 04:27 AM.

Considering he hasn't exactly had the best reaction in regards to Aethas after Aethas admitted fault in the Purge of Dalaran (He said he doesn't regret what he did, but he regrets what it led to [the destruction of Theramore]) Which is why he helped the Mages retrieve Felomelorn, I'd say Lor'themar is probably a leader that doesn't like lying and insubordination.

I sincerely hope they expand on Lor'themar and Aethas after the confession, cause so far we've only gotten like a one liner. Cause Lor'themar defended Aethas when talking to Jaina in MoP when Aethas said he had nothing to do with it, and now Aethas confessed he was involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
    Considering he hasn't exactly had the best reaction in regards to Aethas after Aethas admitted fault in the Purge of Dalaran (He said he doesn't regret what he did, but he regrets what it led to [the destruction of Theramore]) Which is why he helped the Mages retrieve Felomelorn, I'd say Lor'themar is probably a leader that doesn't like lying and insubordination.

I sincerely hope they expand on Lor'themar and Aethas after the confession, cause so far we've only gotten like a one liner. Cause Lor'themar defended Aethas when talking to Jaina in MoP when Aethas said he had nothing to do with it, and now Aethas confessed he was involved.
    He didn't confess anything. He said crap to Jaina true, but all the actually did wrong, was looking the other way when the Garrosh loyalists moved the Bell through Dalaran and threatened him with violence. His actual fault was reacting this stupid as possible when Jaina demanded answers. All the rest of the wrongdoings that day is on Vereesa and her goons going full rain of steel, player included when they're ordered to round up shopkeepers and shoot them down.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    Lma orcs and alliance fans felling superior when you spell the name of Sylvanas wrong on purpose? You're not getting an award for that mate.
    what? the joke is being around for years, its funny, and get people butthurt, its a reward enough for me

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2020-02-19 at 04:20 AM. Reason: Received Infraction

Valeera is a race traitor. Like all elves who think about human D first and family and nation later.

- - - Updated - - -

Lma orcs and alliance fans felling superior when you spell the name of Sylvanas wrong on purpose? You're not getting an award for that mate.
    would she still be a race traitor if she married an orc instead?

Quote Originally Posted by gurutikka View Post
    would she still be a race traitor if she married an orc instead?
    Yes. Because you leave your kingdom behind and marry off to an enemmy race. No way around that.

Yes. Because you leave your kingdom behind and marry off to an enemmy race. No way around that.
    Who would she have to marry to not be a "race-traitor" ?
    Last edited by gurutikka; 2020-02-19 at 05:39 AM.

That would imply blood elves have spines to begin with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    If she leaves the Horde then she in no longer the warchief.....
    She didn't leave the Horde. The Horde turned against her the moment she fle away.

She didn't leave the Horde. The Horde turned against her the moment she fle away.
    She didn't order them to stand down. She abandoned them.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    She didn't order them to stand down. She abandoned them.
    She just flew away. And her army turned against her.

Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    Well the current powers that be disagree which is the story the game is going with.
    Yes, because the description on the back of the book is totally canon and that has totally always been the case. By that logic Wintergrasp had aerial combat because it says so on the back of Wrath's box.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Imagine getting punished for supporting your rightful ruler. Satire juicer than life.
    *scratches head* You might want to study up on history. The willing followers of genocidal rulers are always punished too. No matter if their ruler was rightful or not. Google "Nuremberg Trials" for one example.

Especially when you should know better after going through that shit before with a different ruler, you have no one to blame but yourself for being a sheep. The "I only did what I was told" -card only works so many times before people realize you WANTED to commit those crimes and are now just trying to evade your punishment.

The Banshee loyalists have shown that they are unrepentent and stuck to the psychopathic zombie even after many loyal and reasonable people turned against her, they were given the chance to turn away and did not. Now they face the consequences. The only reason why the player loyalists are not imprisoned as well is game mechanics.

Whyever would Lor'themar raise a finger for these people?

Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    *scratches head* You might want to study up on history. The willing followers of genocidal rulers are always punished too. No matter if their ruler was rightful or not. Google "Nuremberg Trials" for one example.

Especially when you should know better after going through that shit before with a different ruler, you have no one to blame but yourself for being a sheep. The "I only did what I was told" -card only works so many times before people realize you WANTED to commit those crimes and are now just trying to evade your punishment.

The Banshee loyalists have shown that they are unrepentent and stuck to the psychopathic zombie even after many loyal and reasonable people turned against her, they were given the chance to turn away and did not. Now they face the consequences. The only reason why the player loyalists are not imprisoned as well is game mechanics.

Whyever would Lor'themar raise a finger for these people?
    Only the ones that still stick to her after she left get punished. Everyone else gets away and is being forgiven, by only saying 'I don't support her anymore'. The loyalist player doesn't get asked, but it is made very clear that the player is not the only still loyal person being around and walking free, because they simply weren't found out. It's not just game mechanics and I do think it's going to play at least a small role going forward, if only in stories or the books and not in the game.

Sylvanas had the majority support, but most turned when she declared them to be nothing. The ones that didn't are who you see chained up. They are either stubborn or delusional; any actual sleeper agents in Orgrimmar swore fealty to the new regime, as shown by the Gift of N'Zoth -enabled whispers. The imprisoned ones are probably just on detention until they accept the new world order. Lor'themar did welcome the Sunfury back after Kael's defeat and the young grunts of the True Horde probably aren't holed up in some off-site prison. That's why I don't think Lor'themar needs to interfere with how it's being handled. Of course, the council could just have each prisoner taken care of by their respective people, since it might speed up the process. If we're lucky we'll get information on this in the book.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Quote Originally Posted by formerShandalay View Post
    Only the ones that still stick to her after she left get punished. Everyone else gets away and is being forgiven, by only saying 'I don't support her anymore'. The loyalist player doesn't get asked, but it is made very clear that the player is not the only still loyal person being around and walking free, because they simply weren't found out. It's not just game mechanics and I do think it's going to play at least a small role going forward, if only in stories or the books and not in the game.
    They already said the loyalist/traitor choice won't matter one bit in Shadowlands back at Blizzcon. I highly doubt it'd matter in the Shadowlands book either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    They already said the loyalist/traitor choice won't matter one bit in Shadowlands back at Blizzcon. I highly doubt it'd matter in the Shadowlands book either.
    I don't mean the player choice per se, more like the fact that there are still loyalists around and for those to play a role (probably in the book, maaaaaybe as a saboteur in a pre-event to Shadowlands). Mainly to emphasize to the person I responded to why I don't think the player character not being arrested is only a game mechanic.

I don't think they can make anything happen with the player choice, because Sylvanas's 'faction' will be a villain faction in Shadowlands and they already said they're not killing the player character. Unfortunately that's all that happens with footsoldiers from the villain faction in WoW.