Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Oh yeah, I personally don't fault either one of them staying in now, just if it goes in.

Actually got out of the Urgent Care a little while ago. Was planning on taking my 15 year old nephew to the doctors tomorrow because he wasn't feeling that great. Then I got a call from his mother asking if I could take him because he started throwing up all of a sudden and a decent amount.

Couldn't take him to the Urgent Care because all of them are closed so had to take him to the Kids section of the ER. But it was empty so we got back quick.

Flu was negative, Strep was negative but they did say he has some infection of some kind because of how his throat looks so they took a culture and no school for the next few days. So back home and he has no school tomorrow so I will probably be spending the day with him.

My nephews and my step-sister are also neighbors so ends up happening a decent amount.
    Ahhh hope it's nothing too serious than, glad it's not flu.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Ahhh hope it's nothing too serious than, glad it's not flu.
    Oh yeah, glad it isn't Strep either. But I swear I have been going to the doctor for other people WAY too much over the past 2 years. My diabetic sister (Different sister) ended up in there a month ago with her blood sugar over 1,100+. Not kidding either, it literally got that high and she suffered a heart attack from it but lived. A few months ago, I had to take my 10 year old nephew (The daredevil) there with a concussion where he fell off a bike and hit his head and about a year ago from a broken arm. Can't wait for the skating accident trips later as he has been skating for a few years now. And my dad from an accident a year and a half ago that had him spend 2 week paralyzed from the neck down and has been coming back slowly but still on a walker with a recent MRI showing visible scar tissue on his spinal cord in his neck. So been going through all his appointments. And all my own stuff from fighting the VA over an injury in 2012. Also, as of a month ago, my well water has tested positive for the GenX chemicals. Just glad I have been drinking bottled water for years now. Does explain all the cancer cases around here though over the past few years.

Also, over the past 5 months, had about 5 people die.

So needless to say, been kinda hectic around here.

Edit: Had to change 2018 to 2012, not sure why I put the wrong date.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh yeah, glad it isn't Strep either. But I swear I have been going to the doctor for other people WAY too much over the past 2 years. My diabetic sister (Different sister) ended up in there a month ago with her blood sugar over 1,100+. Not kidding either, it literally got that high and she suffered a heart attack from it but lived. A few months ago, I had to take my 10 year old nephew (The daredevil) there with a concussion where he fell off a bike and hit his head and about a year ago from a broken arm. Can't wait for the skating accident trips later as he has been skating for a few years now. And my dad from an accident a year and a half ago that had him spend 2 week paralyzed from the neck down and has been coming back slowly but still on a walker with a recent MRI showing visible scar tissue on his spinal cord in his neck. So been going through all his appointments. And all my own stuff from fighting the VA over an injury in 2012. Also, as of a month ago, my well water has tested positive for the GenX chemicals. Just glad I have been drinking bottled water for years now. Does explain all the cancer cases around here though over the past few years.

Also, over the past 5 months, had about 5 people die.

So needless to say, been kinda hectic around here.

Edit: Had to change 2018 to 2012, not sure why I put the wrong date.
    Damn, keep your head up.

Seriously, you aren't comparing the same things.

You are comparing a voter withholding their vote for a specific candidate to a candidate who has no real path to winning staying in splitting the vote with a candidate who actually has a path to winning sharing their policies and ensuring that neither of them win and those policies with them. Those are apples and oranges there.

And Clinton acted like she had put a gun to my head to make me vote for her. I did otherwise. I still voted down ballot Democrat with the people running for everything else.

And where did I ask anyone to do something I didn't do. If people don't want to vote for Sanders for any reason, I give them my full blessing, same with Warren. But I don't give any candidate to knowingly kneecap voters splitting votes if they don't have a path.

And also, notice I didn't say we hit that point yet, I said I hope Warren doesn't do that.

I live in North Carolina, I voted down ballot Democrat for every position but Clinton, I wrote in a name there. And Clinton has no one to blame but herself. The final straw for me was when she took Debbie into her campaign the same day she was forced to step down after all that had happened, that was just too much of a slap in the face and I couldn't hold my nose THAT hard.
    warren has more of a path to winning than your write-in vote did, so why is that suddenly a qualifier? its only been two states so far, with one being a candidates home state.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Damn, keep your head up.
    Yeah. I personally get to do a 3 hour drive on the 2nd of next month because on the 3rd I have to go to the regional VA for a video hearing to someone in another state because they fucked up my last one and couldn't get a transcript off it. Also, I can't make that drive myself too easily so I HAVE to leave the day before because it hurts to drive. And my lawyer will pick me up from the hotel.

My dad wants to come too and to help me drive because, even though he is alternating between a walker and a cane currently, he can handle driving the low traffic spots. Then hopefully by December of this year the VA paper pushers will finally listen to their own doctors opinions of me along with every ounce of medical work they have done to me over the past 8 years.

Definitely don't want to live in a GenX area on well water any longer than I have to. Even if I got bottled water and they giving free filters for faucets, still stuck bathing in that crap.

And still wondering just how much more stuff I will have to deal with from others getting hurt. My dads stuff though, that has turned pretty routine and he is finally getting healthy enough to do more on his own.

Thank you though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by starlord View Post
    warren has more of a path to winning than your write-in vote did, so why is that suddenly a qualifier? its only been two states so far, with one being a candidates home state.
    You just went over everything I said. Reread it and try again. I said that I don't expect her to drop out yet, I just don't want her (Or him if need be) to cling on beyond the point where both of them die because of it.

And I stand by my write-in vote as the alternative to me would have been to stay home entirely because Clinton made sure I wasn't voting for her with her own actions.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    My core issue with Warren is simply she is a terrible campaigner. All of my other issues with her come her being a terrible campaigner.

I think she didn't expect the field to be too contested at this point, she certainly hasn't conducted her campaign that suggests she played to have to compete in a crowded field.

She seems frustrated and keeps making odd decisions because of it. I hate to see her struggle because she was my #1 until January.

You just went over everything I said. Reread it and try again. I said that I don't expect her to drop out yet, I just don't want her (Or him if need be) to cling on beyond the point where both of them die because of it.

And I stand by my write-in vote as the alternative to me would have been to stay home entirely because Clinton made sure I wasn't voting for her with her own actions.
    thats not how your initial post came across;
    Really hoping she doesn't poach votes and become Sanders spoiler vote. If she pulls that, she will have lost every ounce of respect I have for her.

She needs to quit trying to "Play politics" and just do what is best. She fucks up every time she tries to play those games because she ends up listening to people who effectively either want her or her policies to fail and direct her accordingly.

And even if she managed to win like that, everything she stood for to the voters die in the process.
    its pretty tiring hearing about how everyone who doesn't make way for bernie is so corrupt/evil/etc.

thats not how your initial post came across;

its pretty tiring hearing about how everyone who doesn't make way for bernie is so corrupt/evil/etc.
    You just linked my post and you still got the content of it wrong.......

- - - Updated - - -

Definitely relevant.

New John Oliver - Last Week Tonight. About Medicare For All.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Z2XRg3dy9k

You just linked my post and you still got the content of it wrong.......
    when you say "poaching sanders votes" it sure looks like you mean she is "taking away from bernie" as if he is owed her people's votes or something.

when you say "poaching sanders votes" it sure looks like you mean she is "taking away from bernie" as if he is owed her people's votes or something.
    Now, read the rest of the sentence in the full context instead of trying to pull a William Barr with a summary.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something that the Bernie fanatics don't seem to want to admit; assuming Bernie gets the nomination and he wins in November (And if he does get the nomination, I do hope he wins because we can't afford four more years of Trump), he still won't get things like Medicare for All passed through Congress and it's due to one word: Filibuster.

M4A could get through the House on a simple majority but assuming Dems take control of the Senate next year, the GOP will filibuster everything that moves in the Senate and outright nuking the filibuster is dangerous. The filibuster has helped Senate Democrats mitigate the damage Trump and his cult have been able to inflict on the country. So the only other way of getting M4A through Congress would be with a super majority, and the odds of that happening this election are slim. Retaking the majority? Absolutely a possibilty. The odds of securing a super majority, however, are low.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    Warren's supporters also seem really to lack passion or motivation to help her campaign. You never read anything about Warren supporters standing up for her in the news or anything.

It is like they're completely indifferent and disillusioned with her by now.
    https://www.newsweek.com/whereswarre...tchups-1487903

Sure, Jan. Stop spreading misinformation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    There's something that the Bernie fanatics don't seem to want to admit; assuming Bernie gets the nomination and he wins in November (And if he does get the nomination, I do hope he wins because we can't afford four more years of Trump), he still won't get things like Medicare for All passed and it's due to one word: Filibuster.

Assuming Dems take control of the Senate next year, the GOP will filibuster everything that moves in the Senate and outright nuking the filibuster is dangerous. The filibuster has helped Senate Democrats mitigate the damage Trump and his cult have been able to inflict on the country. So the only other way of getting M4A through Congress would be with a super majority, and the odds of that happening this election are slim. Retaking the majority? Absolutely a possibilty. The odds of securing a super majority, however, are low.
    I am a Bernie supporters and I know full well he will be fought tooth and nail at every step by both parties. I would still rather have a president who fights for me and fails than one that sells me out and succeeds like the current guy is trying to do.

What it will do is force the issue into the public discussion more and motivate even more like him to run in the lower places too which they already saw in 2018 and the DNC even changed their rules to try and lock them out some making it where if anyone helps them in a primary against an incumbent, the company is blacklisted by the party.

And Medicare for all still has growing popularity among the right. So things will still swing that way, even if not full what it should be.

Also, views like that turn non-voters into voters.

Now, read the rest of the sentence in the full context instead of trying to pull a William Barr with a summary.
    lets swap a couple words:
    why doesn't bernie just drop out and give her his votes? shes a lot less controversial and has a broader appeal for winning.

even if bernie becomes a spoiler for warren he will have done so by being corrupt anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am a Bernie supporters and I know full well he will be fought tooth and nail at every step by both parties. I would still rather have a president who fights for me and fails than one that sells me out and succeeds like the current guy is trying to do.

What it will do is force the issue into the public discussion more and motivate even more like him to run in the lower places too which they already saw in 2018 and the DNC even changed their rules to try and lock them out some making it where if anyone helps them in a primary against an incumbent, the company is blacklisted by the party.

And Medicare for all still has growing popularity among the right. So things will still swing that way, even if not full what it should be.

Also, views like that turn non-voters into voters.
    By all means, use M4A as a starting position in negotiations; that was Obamas problem since he was so desperate for bipartisan consensus he started negotiations at the moderate position no matter how many times the GOP spat in his face. Just be aware that the odds of actually getting it any time soon are low. Sure, it could happen, and I could also be killed by a meteorite crashing through my roof right when I finish typing this sentence.

Nope, I'm still here. Maybe next time.
    Last edited by Zaydin; 2020-02-19 at 06:06 AM.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

lets swap a couple words:
    why doesn't bernie just drop out and give her his votes? shes a lot less controversial and has a broader appeal for winning.

even if bernie becomes a spoiler for warren he will have done so by being corrupt anyways.
    You didn't swap words, you added and deleted words, try again and quit pretending your William Barr protecting Trump here to spin this stuff. Take what I actually said and use that as it was implied.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    By all means, use M4A as a starting position in negotiations; that was Obamas problem since he was so desperate for bipartisan consensus he started negotiations at the moderate position no matter how many times the GOP spat in his face. Just be aware that the odds of actually getting it any time soon are low. Sure, it could happen, and I could also be killed by a meteorite crashing through my roof right when I finish typing this sentence.

Nope, I'm still here. Maybe next time.
    Again, I know it probably won't pass, he can only sign what others put on the table and both sides are fighting it. Anyone who is paying attention knows that. They also know this forces the issue and gets the ball moving.

It also motivates more to run with his views and motivates more to vote based on that issue which doesn't typically vote. Everyone paying attention knows that and knows the Democrats have been fighting their own voters on his views trying to shut out those views at every chance except as lip service.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm off to bed, getting up in 5 and half hours. Later.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    A very valid point, and something which Politico also covered.

Bloomberg's major weakness from an electoral standpoint has always been that he does not do well when he isn't in a choreographed environment - and by not doing well, I mean such colourful incidents including but not limited to:

- Losing his cool at a reporter in a wheelchair during a news conference for...dropping a recording device.
    - Telling a reporter to "get on with it" rather than answer a question regarding stop and frisk.
    - Getting upset with female employees for having the audacity to become pregnant while working for him to the point of saying someone should have an abortion.
    - Racism. Like, all of it.

Bloomberg's bought an awful lot of good press, but that's contingent on him actually being able to deliver in person; something which he's usually found difficult and will likely find even more difficult in a primary field that is hostile to billionaires and has some extremely formidable debaters like Klobuchar and Warren.
    If you watched his three mayoral debates, he was very competent. Dry, but very capable. Although those were one on one debate. He hasn't had any practice with 5 way debate. However, if the others want to stop him, the next two debates will be their best chance to show voters that Bloomberg is not all that his campaign made him out to be. Otherwise, he is going to drown them in campaign advertising. Not one candidate can match him dollar for dollar in campaign advertising once they get to the bigger states like CA, TX, FL and NY.

You didn't swap words, you added and deleted words, try again and quit pretending your William Barr protecting Trump here to spin this stuff. Take what I actually said and use that as it was implied.
    that is what you implied, and as i'm not the only one who saw it that way maybe choose your words more carefully in the future.

that is what you implied, and as i'm not the only one who saw it that way maybe choose your words more carefully in the future.
    No, I didn't imply it, try again. I have even clarified it multiple times since then. Quit creating strawmen and start going after what was actually said.

Now, I am off to bed. Good night.

No, I didn't imply it, try again. I have even clarified it multiple times since then. Quit creating strawmen and start going after what was actually said.

Now, I am off to bed. Good night.
    what am i missing about warren "poaching votes" from bernie? you later said "oh just in the scenario where she has no chance of winning" which is still not the case. so why bring it up? ideally every candidate except our preferred one would bow out right?