Page 25 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    I dont' really get the "half experience" thing. Offline and online are EXACTY the same, what are you missing? Obviously excluding playing with friends.

Man, i remeber people shitting on D3 announcement because it was awlays online. Now people shit on Wolcen because it has offline. And because it's too tedious to roll another character. Lol, people really want to play this game huh. I just see rushers wanting to have an "ALL AND NOW" experience and then leave immediately after because they burned out the game. I guess whatever floats your boat.
    I love if more games would have a offline mode as always online is shit if you can´t even start the game if something is with your internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravity2015 View Post
    Frig eh, the play through is pretty fun, the graphics are great, some really interesting build possibilities even tho some are way more OP at this stage - my goal was to beat a3, dabble in the end game and just farm items for future builds but now I’m just having so much fun I have no end in sight - haven’t had issues that most are reporting thank fuhh
    I'm in the same boat. I wonder if it's really a lot of hyperbole or something, I can't believe I've just been that lucky, but maybe you and I are the exception?

The campaign in Wolcen is so great to playthrough, loved the Lambach dialogues, were so... CHARMING?

I know the cinematics are way worse than from Diablo (I mean graphically and technically) but I enjoyed Wolcen story and artstyle much more. Really did not expected I will be hooked so much by ARPG story.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    The campaign in Wolcen is so great to playthrough, loved the Lambach dialogues, were so... CHARMING?

I know the cinematics are way worse than from Diablo (I mean graphically and technically) but I enjoyed Wolcen story and artstyle much more. Really did not expected I will be hooked so much by ARPG story.
    I agree. The story was great. I recently unlocked the eng game stuff where you, I guess, rebuild the city. Seems neat so far. Haven't messed around with it enough to really give an opinion on it. Aside from the insane amount of bugs, it's pretty fun.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    no move only option in 2020 is pretty shocking.
    Ok...when people make complaints and include false information, It's really difficult to believe they've played the game and aren't just parroting shit they read online. Force Move is in the controls. Just bind it.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Ok...when people make complaints and include false information, It's really difficult to believe they've played the game and aren't just parroting shit they read online. Force Move is in the controls. Just bind it.
    What is this force move option?(Curious as I never heard of it).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    What is this force move option?(Curious as I never heard of it).
    You can directly bind to a key (have to go into config files to bind to a mouse click), but you can also apparently force move by holding ctrl while clicking around.

Not the best solution, but it's a solution that works all the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    I mean, does it matter if it's half baked or 90% baked. Would you buy bread, discover it's only 90% baked, and be fine with it? No. Would you be fine buying bread only to discover it's got grit in there that the baker just didn't have time to sieve out of the flour, but they promise they'll come round your place in a week to pick out of the bread?

Extend analogy as needed.
    one it doesnt fit.
    two, you were ok when diablo 3 were released with 0 offline mode and downed servers 7/24

Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    one it doesnt fit.
    two, you were ok when diablo 3 were released with 0 offline mode and downed servers 7/24
    I wasn't okay with it, where do you think I said so? When I specifically mentioned that other games have no excuse for bad service either?

But we are not talking about day 1 server hiccups here. The game has critical, gamebreaking bugs, many of which have still not been fixed. Those have nothing to do with servers.

Are Mage's bugged? It's odd that my auto-attacks do so much more damage than my actual spells. I mean I like that my auto-attacks do a ton of damage and also bounce to nearby enemies, but it's boring using nothing but autos because it's faster to kill shit than using my actual skills.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trying out a BE build out. At level 14 its doing almost as much damage as my oracle fire build. geeze lol.

They really should make spells scale better

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by OBM View Post
    Are Mage's bugged? It's odd that my auto-attacks do so much more damage than my actual spells. I mean I like that my auto-attacks do a ton of damage and also bounce to nearby enemies, but it's boring using nothing but autos because it's faster to kill shit than using my actual skills.
    The problem is spells dont scale off of anything other than level ups, while melee does scale off of wep damage. So until that changes, anything other than a stasis ailment build is going to be meh at best.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    I'm not talking about force move but thanks for taking that one criticism and ignoring the rest. Holding ctrl down for the entire playtime of the game isn't a solution.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    I'm not talking about force move but thanks for taking that one criticism and ignoring the rest. Holding ctrl down for the entire playtime of the game isn't a solution.
    I'm not talking about holding ctrl down for the entire playtime, but thanks for taking that one piece of information and ignoring the rest. R-E-B-I-N-D the ability.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by OBM View Post
    Crissi's post is correct, spells don't scale with weapon damage unlike attack-skills do(ranged/melee).

Your best bet as a caster is to get +flat x damage to spells modifiers on rings, neck, belt and weapon if you want to do damage.

If you want a tip for a spell, get Tear of Etheiel(or whatever her name is), and mod it with Stalacite Rain when you can.
    Stalacite reduces the base damage of the spell but makes it tick many more times total. (Normal hits just once)

As a default, Tear is a nuke spell. But the way the stalacite modifier changes the spell and how it scales, it becomes a massive damage increase.

For example, let's say your tear hits for 100 base. When you mod Stalacite on it, it will lose base damage, but deal damage 10-ish times instead. When you get let's say +5 cold damage to spells, the damage calculation will be like this:

Normal tear: x + 5 (Single nuke)
    Stalacite tear: (x + 5) * 10 (Hits over time twice a second)

The bonus damage is added to each tick... which is insane in comparison to normal tear.

Other spells that function the same is for example:
    Bulwark of Light(drop a ground that heals you over time. Can mod it to also deal damage really early)
    Anomaly.

Try them out

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Trying out a BE build out. At level 14 its doing almost as much damage as my oracle fire build. geeze lol.

They really should make spells scale better
    Agreed!

Bleeding Edge is so broken, jesus. Especially when you do the shield-trick. Somebody had a wonderful idea of not capping mitigation in this game, so people stack 100% block with 100% damage absorption. You're essentially immortal because you can't take damage from anything.

It's good that they'll fix the bugged shield damage node too.

I'm currently playing Gunslinger with shield and it's also pretty broken. Bleeding Edge is better though, I'm just stubborn and don't want to fall into that camp. :P

I struggled with my caster until level 52-ish, then it became downright depressing how much weaker I was than any attack-build.

5+ Year Old Account
    The problem is spells dont scale off of anything other than level ups, while melee does scale off of wep damage. So until that changes, anything other than a stasis ailment build is going to be meh at best.
    What about effects on items that say "x-y ___ dmg added to spells" maybe those help the spells scale? It just sucks it's not intrinsic like weapon dmg on weapons.

EDIT: Just saw Majestic's post lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    What about effects on items that say "x-y ___ dmg added to spells" maybe those help the spells scale? It just sucks it's not intrinsic like weapon dmg on weapons.

EDIT: Just saw Majestic's post lol.
    It does, just not nearly as much as weapon damage does for melee. Im hoping thats somehting they fix, but balance changes need ot be low on the totem pole til the big bugs are fixed.

5+ Year Old Account
    It does, just not nearly as much as weapon damage does for melee. Im hoping thats somehting they fix, but balance changes need ot be low on the totem pole til the big bugs are fixed.
    Yeah definitely agree! Sucks that their server partnership or something only allows them 1 patch a week or something like that. So the hotfix notes posted today will prob come Thurs/Fri.

Quote Originally Posted by Majestic12 View Post

Agreed!

Bleeding Edge is so broken, jesus. Especially when you do the shield-trick. Somebody had a wonderful idea of not capping mitigation in this game, so people stack 100% block with 100% damage absorption. You're essentially immortal because you can't take damage from anything.

It's good that they'll fix the bugged shield damage node too.

I'm currently playing Gunslinger with shield and it's also pretty broken. Bleeding Edge is better though, I'm just stubborn and don't want to fall into that camp. :P

I struggled with my caster until level 52-ish, then it became downright depressing how much weaker I was than any attack-build.

I'm really not a fan of Bleeding Edge and I wonder why someone would take it over Whirlwind with the Skill-mod where you send out ~6 shockwaves after you finish casting it.
    Bleeding edge is so slow and doesn't deal that much damage compared to mentioned skill or the hammer throw (And costs a ton of rage).
    I'm aware that there is a modifier that allows you to extend the duration.
    One that reduces it's damage by 75%, but adds 4(?) seconds, and one that extends it's duration by 1s (so basically another circle?) and allows it to follow you, around. Those are high level modifiers though.
    So early on, I feel it's subpar.

It's indeed funny how much more damage phyiscal damage characters deal though compared to pure spellcasters. I don't know if there is a ascended form that does the same, but my ascended form deals only like 1-10% of what my character would do without transforming.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2020-02-19 at 05:27 AM.

So, now that Bane of Tiranny is getting nerfed/corrected, I suppose a 2 hander is better for bleeding edge and bladestorm builds?

Quote Originally Posted by Vynx View Post
    So, now that Bane of Tiranny is getting nerfed/corrected, I suppose a 2 hander is better for bleeding edge and bladestorm builds?
    probably not, that node makes it so the hardest content in the game gets instantly 1 shot, without it, a 187 boss might take 4 seconds instead of 2, but shields still give so much more in both damage and defense. but who knows. the game will need massive balance changes, casters are useless. Today my stash rolled back 3 times and never returned. restarting doesnt fix it. So i stopped and went to watch quin, about 10m of that and he lost his stash 2 times back to back without any of it coming back. Then he did an uber, it bugged and gave nothing, and he quit the game. lmao