Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    So I'm forced to use corruption gear now? I only run lower keys, typically +5 to +10's are my regular runs.

So to remain in the top 2 in the run I need start wearing corrupted gear?

That sucks.
    Participating in a new system that is actually fairly interesting? The horror!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    Any character will turn red if you have enough corruption to get the +%damage taken/-%healing taken effect.

- - - Updated - - -

Your problems aren't "we" problems. Here is how it has always worked:

I am currently at 20 corruption with no visual effect. There's also several people confirming the same, so this scale is not reflecting on live. As I said, maybe the cloak upgrades affect this. I can't really prove it except with a screenshot, and it's all anecdotal, so who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    So I'm forced to use corruption gear now? I only run lower keys, typically +5 to +10's are my regular runs.

So to remain in the top 2 in the run I need start wearing corrupted gear?

That sucks.
    You are not forced to do anything. Yes, you don't need corrupted gear to clear a +10, you don't even need five players to clear a +10.

Corrupted gear can help you to increase your DPS significantly, but if you don't know what you are doing it could backfire, you are probably going to end dead half of the run.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyfang View Post
    I am currently at 20 corruption with no visual effect. There's also several people confirming the same, so this scale is not reflecting on live. As I said, maybe the cloak upgrades affect this. I can't really prove it except with a screenshot, and it's all anecdotal, so who knows.
    Like I said, I'm pretty sure it's a Remaining Corruption>Corruption resistance scale kind of thing.
    The lower your active corruption resistance is compared to the remaining unresisted corruption, then that scale kicks in

There should be option to disable it.

Options are always good.

Lack of options is always bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Like I said, I'm pretty sure it's a Remaining Corruption>Corruption resistance scale kind of thing.
    The lower your active corruption resistance is compared to the remaining unresisted corruption, then that scale kicks in
    I just double-checked. Took off my cloak and essences. At 0 corruption, no effect. At 10 corruption, slight corruption. At 20 corruption, no effect. Ditto for the same total corruption (after resistances) with cloak/essences.

Basically, as far as I can tell the picture is completely accurate, except for some reason 20-39 corruption isn't showing any effect at all. Maybe it's a bug, maybe Blizzard are going for a "calm before the storm" deal. Either way, it is an option for people who want to engage with the corruption system but hate the visual effects.

I agree.
    Wish i could disable the visual effect as well.

I wouldnt mind about effect if it actually looked cool,like tentacles around you and stuff,but this is just lazy.

I don't mind it, helps finding out if someone has way too much corruption and might be a crutch, especially if they take a lot of damage. Prevents having to inspect everyone.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

I agree too. All the effort that went into transmog is nullified by the corruption effect. Everyone in our raid looks the same with corruption about 40. It's pointless to mog the gear, to look for interesting color schemes since everyone will just look the same.

This thread is definitely winning the sad charts this week.

Look at this:

Quote Originally Posted by gd8 View Post
    it looks like shit on almost every class/spec except like warlocks/spriests I dont know why there's people in this thread defending it. I dont want purple void shit on my shaman/hunter/druid/etc it's thematically clashing and bad artistic design
    The newly freed Old God is corrupting the world, his powers are altering beings and terrain into twisted void abominations. You, the champion if Azeroth, are using fractions of his power against him and the only thing that stops it from unmaking you is your resistance cloak. Yet as you hunger for more power you willingly dabble further into the power of the Void, beyond what your puny resistance can suppress and it begins the show - the terrible energies engulf you and begin to harm you. But a worthy trade off for the new power you carry.

However, meanwhile you are whining that it doesn't fit your Shaman theme?

Lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Penegal View Post
    Do you play the game or stare at your character's ass 24/7 while online?
    Actually you look all the time at your character since it is in the center of the damn screen...

Use the Irradiated undercoat from Mechagon.

Quote Originally Posted by Finear View Post
    don't use it if you don't like it
    >just make your character worse!
    Not an option in a multiplayer game.

Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    Cosmetics are important part of gameplay for many people.

I expect those who defend this to be the people who don't care about cosmetics much or at all. "I dont care about it so you shouldnt care either! Whingey idiots why you even play this game!!!11?! Unquip your items if u dont liek it!!! No one will care that you do 50% less dps than anyone else in your group/raid!!!"

The void shit on my character fucks up the appearance. I want it gone. Its simple as that.
    You can still play "barbie dress-up" if you care for the appearance of your character.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by clinophobia View Post
    Actually you look all the time at your character since it is in the center of the damn screen...
    No, you look around your character and other events happening on the screen. The character being in the center of the screen 100% of the time is the last thing you should be looking at when playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpcat View Post
    This thread is definitely winning the sad charts this week.

Look at this:

The newly freed Old God is corrupting the world, his powers are altering beings and terrain into twisted void abominations. You, the champion if Azeroth, are using fractions of his power against him and the only thing that stops it from unmaking you is your resistance cloak. Yet as you hunger for more power you willingly dabble further into the power of the Void, beyond what your puny resistance can suppress and it begins the show - the terrible energies engulf you and begin to harm you. But a worthy trade off for the new power you carry.

However, meanwhile you are whining that it doesn't fit your Shaman theme?

Lol.
    it looks like shit trump boy get over it

Of all the things to complain about.

A hide option would be great

You are wearing armor that, given the extra stats via being corrupted by an old God. Thus, you are corrupted. And people complain about the RPG aspect of WoW being completely gone..