Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    legion survival was better than ranged or bfa survival.

melee hunter was always a good idea, i just wish it'd have been beastmaster instead.
    I disagree. Ranged survival was my favorite spec, by far actually. My hunter got abandoned in Legion, after being my main from TBC. I don't enjoy it at all anymore.

I do agree that BM should have been the melee spec.

But I also disagree that we needed to changed a ranged spec into a melee spec when there are already loads of melee specs. Every new class that has been added's dps spec has been melee. We didn't need it.

I could go on and on but I don't want to de-rail the thread so I'll leave it at that

15+ Year Old Account
    WoD and the garrison, orcs, time travel nonsense just to see how awessooome a bunch of idiotic orc leaders and there claaaans can be.
    I'm not sure how anything in WoW can beat that in terms of bad. Impossible except WoD 2
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

Quote Originally Posted by ano2024 View Post
    The problem with WoD is that it had little content. But the content it did have was miles better than the anti-fun shit in BfA that feels soulless and with the sole purpose of increasing /played time metrics.

Off the top of my head, WoD was better because:

The classes were better in WoD. Both how they felt to play and how deep they were, and how different they were from one another. Now we have standardized trash that feels the same. With the GCD change it's even more annoying and tedious.

WoW was always grindy, but even in WoD somehow the grinds felt much less tedious and they were more rewarding. In BfA they feel pointless, unrewarding and plain awful.

Timegating was already present but it wasn't nearly as bad as it is now, with timegates within timegates on top of timegates.

RNG wasn't as bad as it is now. RNG is straight up worse than in mobile games now. Hell, with the cancer of 8.3 and the way corrupted gear is wrapped within many layers of RNG (right tier, right effect, right slot etc...), we could say the RNG now is worse than ever.

Even the zones and exploration had more to it. They were already pretty much soulless quest hubs back then, but now they're literally just empty worlds with good art (yeah yeah good job art team).

The story was already a clusterfuck so I guess they're equally shitty in this department. But I do remember enjoying it more back then, but that's probably just me being jaded by now.

And the so-called "content" that BfA has is shit. Island expeditions, warfronts etc... are just shit, pure shit, it's not even subjective, they're not fun or worth doing. It feels like they learned from WoD that they need to add content, but this company is so incompetent it doesn't actually know what good content is.
    Why are you making a thread about this if you are just going to criticize people that like the game?

We get it, you didn't enjoy it. People still enjoy the game that is all.

WoD was more alt friendly than BfA. Both are shit expansions and that's all I have to say.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

legion survival was better than ranged or bfa survival.

melee hunter was always a good idea, i just wish it'd have been beastmaster instead.
    Such a good idea that next to no one plays it...

What's worse : garrison or world quests?

Looks like they keep adding horrible features.

Quote Originally Posted by FpicEail View Post
    nobody plays it now because people whined over it in legion, and they made it some half-assed range/melee hybrid in response.

if y'all would have kept shut about it, it wouldn't be in the terrible state it is.

nobody plays it now because people whined over it in legion, and they made it some half-assed range/melee hybrid in response.

if y'all would have kept shut about it, it wouldn't be in the terrible state it is.
    Terrible excuse. It actually has more people playing it now than it did in Legion. The Legion version was an unmitigated dumpster fire and people had every right to complain about it. The current version is still a dumpster fire, but at least one with an approachable and versatile playstyle.

Quote Originally Posted by EyeOculus View Post
    BFA has the same AP grind as Legion, only that BFA reduces the amount of AP gained instead of multiplying your gain.
    And Azerite gear is per specc as well. Not much changed from Legion.

Tier Sets > Azerite gear in every shape and form. I get my T-Set and be done with it. With Azerite gear I have to farm specific pieces to get the traits I want.
    Also, T-Sets gave you additional bonuses on top of you getting max level talents. Azerite traits are literally your missing talents you didn't get for being 120.
    I always hated tier sets without reforging and you had always the risk that the next set for your class could suck hard compared to others.
    Azerite Gear is a step in the right direction. They are not perfect but i can atleast chose different traits.

Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    I always hated tier sets without reforging and you had always the risk that the next set for your class could suck hard compared to others.
    Azerite Gear is a step in the right direction. They are not perfect but i can atleast chose different traits.
    T sets had a few exceptions that weren't great.

Azerite gear is a new take in this, but misses the point.
    There will be always that one trait that is numerous times better than another. Raids kind of fixed it because Azerite gear that drops in raids have the "best" traits, according to blizzard.
    M+ however you have a chance getting an Azerite piece being garbage, even if it's 30ilvl above, simply because of the traits.

Yeah, I still prefer designated sets for my class rather than the current Azeroth trait nonsense.
    Sets are simpler for the common players, not the Azerite bullshit that can make you weaker because of bad traits regardless it being a superior item level.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoDs issue was lack of content + the garrison. The garrison sucked.

Apart from the garrison and lack of endgame content, the rest was fantastic. The zones were alive, exciting, the questing engaging. The dungeons were OK, half were so-so, but there were some real gems mixed in. WoD really shined in two areas: 1) the raids. There weren't many, but what we got were great, and 2) the class design, which was WAY better than it is in BfA.

But yeah garrisons and table (esp. shipyard) missions can piss off.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FpicEail View Post
    It's not as simple as nobody playing it for the sole fact it's melee, though that doesn't help. The spec itself is just... not as fun.

played wod for a couple months, quit bfa after like 2 months, tried bfa when resubbed to classic and game is still trash. In WoD leveling zones were actually good and making a viable alt didn't require grinding some dogshit azurite. WoD just didn't have content, but the content it had was good. Even garrisons were fun at first. BFA was never fun to begin with.

WoD added more to the game that will last forever, but BfA had the better content.
    WoD didn't have fucking Azerite, Essences, and AP, but BfA had the systems from Legion, such as M+ and World Quests.

Overall, BfA is the "better" expansion, but WoD still added more things overall. Both are the bottom of the barrel in at least one category. If I *had* to replay an expansion, it would be BfA, unless I could bring the items and gold gained by replaying the expansion, in which case, WoD wins in a landslide because I'd sit on my ass playing Missions and nothing but.

TL;DR: Both are the "worst" expansion at something and both expansions should be super ashamed.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    This what people like you don't understand. The people who "bitch" about BFA do not dislike WoW. They dislike ASPECTS of WoW and they would like to see Blizzard improve these ASPECTS. However you don't understand this because your mind works in extremes. It's either black or white. No grey zones.

But of course there are grey zones. Example: I really really dislike Warfronts, Island Expeditions and Azerite gear. However, I love Raiding, M+ and Horrific Visions. So excuse me, but I'm going to "bitch" about the things I don't like even though I'm not going to quit the game because as a WHOLE I still love WoW. The features that BFA added to the game are (according to many players including me) really really poorly designed, so it's important that we let Blizzard know this.

It's not "either or..". We are allowed to love a game as a whole even though we don't love every single ASPECT about that game. And we are allowed to voice our opinions about the ASPECTS that we don't like. This is how you improve things. You figure what is bad and then you improve it. However, Blizzard will not know what parts of the game is bad if people don't give them feedback.

Stop being so small-minded.
    Sorry, but my statement has nothing to do with being small minded, simply telling others that if they feel the game is bad, it's better to stop instead of spreading your negative opinion with hope to receive "likes"

- - - Updated - - -

Also this;

Letting blizzard know what the state of the game feels like, or what aspect you do not favor works better by creating a sticky thread instead of dozens that ironically mostly only exist out of;

" this game is bad but I don't know how to explain what is bad or how to make it better "

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    WoD added more to the game that will last forever, but BfA had the better content.
    WoD didn't have fucking Azerite, Essences, and AP, but BfA had the systems from Legion, such as M+ and World Quests.

Overall, BfA is the "better" expansion, but WoD still added more things overall. Both are the bottom of the barrel in at least one category. If I *had* to replay an expansion, it would be BfA, unless I could bring the items and gold gained by replaying the expansion, in which case, WoD wins in a landslide because I'd sit on my ass playing Missions and nothing but.

TL;DR: Both are the "worst" expansion at something and both expansions should be super ashamed.
    Legion should be up there. Thats the expansion that introduced the artifact BS and grinding. atleast bfa made that alot better. (Still meh)

Sadly the essences + neck combined is pretty much the artifact weapon.

And remember those good old legendaries? Ahye i forgot, that was by far the worst invention ever period ever. Power gap between legendaries were ridiculous, and hey. Legendaries now arent legendaries anymore lolll.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post

What did WoD really add aside from new player models? No new races, no new classes, a garrison system we never needed to go back to....

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    I didn't unsub at the end of WoD. But I'm finding myself increasingly reluctant to log in now.
    This so much. I think BfA has better systems (m+ alone > all of wod's content) but bfa 8.3 is so alt unfriendly that it's hurting me

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    What did WoD really add aside from new player models? No new races, no new classes, a garrison system we never needed to go back to....
    On top of my head:

- Lighting and anti-aliasing improvements
    - Improved server response time on combat (this is easy to overlook but made a huge difference in responsiveness in combat)
    - World quests
    - In-world "secrets" that reward exploration
    - Mythic difficulty and the overall revamp of raiding difficulties that stemmed from the "Flex" experience in late MoP
    - LFG tool
    - Heirlooms tab
    - Toys tab (I think?)
    - Timewalking (I think?)
    - Colorblind support
    - Evolution of scenarios and instanced zones into much more stable technology where you can get phased in as a group

Also the garrison system and mission tables, despite not being ideal, would later evolve into Legion's Class Hall and Artifact systems.

Not all of those things were great or lead to great gameplay, but overall WoD does feel like it did more for the game long term than BfA, imho. BfA in many ways felt like a step back from Legion. I do consider BfA "better", mostly because of how much content was cut from WoD and how bad its reward system was, but honestly I had more fun with WoD than I did with BfA - whether that is because of the game itself, or the class balance, or just me, I don't know.
    Last edited by Kolvarg; 2020-02-19 at 02:34 PM.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post
    On top of my head:

- Lighting and anti-aliasing improvements
    - Improved server response time on combat (this is easy to overlook but made a huge difference in responsiveness in combat)
    - World quests
    - In-world "secrets" that reward exploration
    - Mythic difficulty and the overall revamp of raiding difficulties that stemmed from the "Flex" experience in late MoP
    - LFG tool
    - Heirlooms tab
    - Toys tab (I think?)
    - Timewalking (I think?)
    - Colorblind support
    - Evolution of scenarios and instanced zones into much more stable technology where you can get phased in as a group

Also the garrison system and mission tables, despite not being ideal, would later evolve into Legion's Class Hall and Artifact systems.

Not all of those things were great or lead to great gameplay, but overall WoD does feel like it did more for the game long term than BfA, imho. BfA in many ways felt like a step back from Legion. I do consider BfA "better", mostly because of how much content was cut from WoD and how bad its reward system was, but honestly I had more fun with WoD than I did with BfA - whether that is because of the game itself, or the class balance, or just me, I don't know.
    Legion added world quests, MoP added the secrets, the LFG tool is from Wotlk, scenarios were also a MoP feature.
    But yeah true, the various tabs, mythic and TW were WoD additions.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    What's worse : garrison or world quests?

Looks like they keep adding horrible features.
    world quests are literally dalies.
    the garrison was worse, but if you want to compare stuff, compare world quests and dailies.