Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    Even within healthcare / medical professional circles, "Full medical records" aren't really a thing. What Sanders released, generally speaking, ARE those.

What these people want are detailed charts on his t-levels going back the last 20 years or something ridiculous.
    Yeah, i don't think Bernie is gonna have some doctor's give him some bone spur treatment, like Trump, so I'm inclined to accept if those 3 doctors of his say he's fine, he certainly seems 100% and heart attacks are nothing like they used to be.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    That is something I fear, I really wish we had a younger guy with his views going. I fear him getting into office and his mind or body going and screwing us up even worse making him easy to manipulate and we have no clue who is VP is that would replace him if he went.
    His VP should be Val Demings, he should pick her, she's ace!

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Not sure who that is, but regardless, he HAS to pick a good one that will follow his stuff because he has a good chance of not making it through a full term. But he is the best option, policy wise, by a light year.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

You are also ignoring everything Clinton did to run those voters off. I was one of those voters as well.

I would have voted for Clinton, even after all that had happened, but the final straw for me was when she took Debbie into her campaign the same day she was forced to resign.

Now, you can claim that she did nothing wrong and I will disagree but you can't claim that the optics weren't there and for his supporters she effectively slapped them in the face like they had no choice with that action at which point I could not hold my breath that much to vote for her.

For me, if Bernie Sanders backed out, I would vote for which of the remaining I most agreed with and there is about a 95% chance it would be her. And I would vote for her unless she pulled what Clinton had did in 2016 but I don't see her doing that, so I would vote for her.

One thing Bernie also said that many who dislike him omit and I consider more important,

"If I tell you to vote for anyone, don't listen to me. Your vote should not be given away like that, that should earn your vote".
    That is exactly why I'm skeptical towards your optimistic scenario - supporters of both progressive candidates rallying behind one of them. I am certain a lot will, but one cannot take all of them for granted.

Whoever wins the nomination needs to get or at least float a high profile name on the opposite side to bring the party together. The biggest mistake Hillary made was to pick Tim Kane as VP instead of a progressive so whoever wins needs to at least offer it to a high profile competitor publicly even if they refuse as an outreach.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    That is exactly why I'm skeptical towards your optimistic scenario - supporters of both progressive candidates rallying behind one of them. I am certain a lot will, but one cannot take all of them for granted.
    Which is why staffing and VP pick matters a lot here, I hope no one picks a VP from their side of the debate that would guarantee failure.

10+ Year Old Account
    What promise?
    Bernie has said multiple times (paraphrasing) "The American people have the right to know about the health of a candidate running for president, a right to full disclosure, and at the appropriate time we (his campaign) will make ALL of my medical records public..."

And his campaign has now said they won't do that.

And the Bernie cult is dismissing it with "He released summary letters like everyone else, so it doesn't matter what he said before!"

Not sure who that is, but regardless, he HAS to pick a good one that will follow his stuff because he has a good chance of not making it through a full term. But he is the best option, policy wise, by a light year.
    You didn't get to see much of the impeachment trial, but damn dude, she's 100% on everyone's shortlist after that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    All those people for are defending Bloomberg really are just showing how they only dislike Trump because he is rude, they have no problem with rapist, racist, pedophile oligarchs.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Whoever wins the nomination needs to get or at least float a high profile name on the opposite side to bring the party together. The biggest mistake Hillary made was to pick Tim Kane as VP instead of a progressive so whoever wins needs to at least offer it to a high profile competitor publicly even if they refuse as an outreach.

Her profile is a lot higher after the impeachment trial. She is a rising star in the democratic party.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Bernie has said multiple times (paraphrasing) "The American people have the right to know about the health of a candidate running for president, a right to full disclosure, and at the appropriate time we (his campaign) will make ALL of my medical records public..."

And the Bernie cult is dismissing it with "He released summary letters like everyone else, so it doesn't matter what he said before!"
    What do you think he released goes against what he promised? You do realize that medical professionals would consider what was released as full medical records right?

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    I wouldn't expect 100% of them to even ideally, that never happens whether it was from Sanders to Clinton or Clinton to Obama or any of them.

But with Sanders and Warren, their policies overlap greatly and if one were to back out and endorse the other, I would think the majority would still follow. Even if Sanders were to back out now, I would go to Warren, though that would involve some nose holding given her waffling on M4A. The other way around, I would think they would still back the other side out of self interest.

It is when the other side starts to act like they are owed the votes and actively snub you that their support comes into question, and I don't see that happening with them thus far.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Her profile is a lot higher after the impeachment trial. She is a rising star in the democratic party.
    Still not a household name though which is what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post

Im not his cult and i'm dismissing it, cause we don't need his full medical records. Looks like you're just looking for any excuse to bitch really.

You didn't get to see much of the impeachment trial, but damn dude, she's 100% on everyone's shortlist after that.
    I watched a decent amount of it, but couldn't see it all and much of it I was only getting audio and not watching the video. So I probably heard her without realizing it was her.

Val Demmings or Hakeem Jeffries would be great gets as a VP. I would say Schiff as well, but too many BS artists from the right will use him as a "cartoon villain" instead of the fantastic job he's done as the Lead House Impeachment Manager.
    Looking for <Good Quotes for Signature>.

Still not a household name though which is what you want.
    like 99% of them aren't household names, unless they are in high power positions.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Convincing people that a politician lied to them and they should vote against that politician is far easier than convcincing people that the abstract ideas of various social democratic proposals are better for the country. Your approach requires rational thinking, and most of all, a kind of selflessness... a caring about their fellow man. Those are two things Americans do poorly. My approach anticipates selfishness and emotive thinking. That is why it is superior and your approach will fail, .
    Or, you know, the both of you could do both? Thus both of you together cast a wider net for two different and distinct groups of people. The size ratio of one vs the other doesn't enter into it then as even ONE more voter convinced from any side is a win.

Why are you making this out to be an either/or thing? o_O Melting pots, and all that...
    Last edited by mvaliz; 2020-02-19 at 03:35 PM.

I watched a decent amount of it, but couldn't see it all and much of it I was only getting audio and not watching the video. So I probably heard her without realizing it was her.
    She nailed trump to a wall in the impeachment trial, she's black, she's female, she's from florida, she ticks all the boxes for almost all of them as a perfect VP.

like 99% of them aren't household names, unless they are in high power positions.
    You just had a wide field of democrats dropping out and still running in the democratic race with high profiles they should be publicly offered the VP spot first then you got to second and third tier if they refuse to make the point.

She nailed trump to a wall in the impeachment trial, she's black, she's female, she's from florida, she ticks all the boxes for almost all of them as a perfect VP.
    Cool, if she did that, I would gladly have her as a VP.

You just had a wide field of democrats dropping out and still running in the democratic race with high profiles they should be publicly offered the VP spot first then you got to second and third tier if they refuse to make the point.
    Yeah I think Val has gotten more got more TV time in the past month then almost any of those people who dropped out who got like 3 minutes during the massive debates almost everyone has forgotten about now, outside of yang.

edit- unless you mean cory booker, yeah he could do it i suppose, or harris which is a big no from me, she's not gonna win anyone any votes.
    Last edited by beanman12345; 2020-02-19 at 03:41 PM.