Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    classic + is basically "expansion i want" + "what i want" - "what i don't want"

aka, a wishlist. So hey why not, everyday can be Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    As people are saying, they definitely need to test the big world events. That being said I can tell you there is no way they haven't tried to get TBC running in their local dev environment, to think they haven't is foolish but I doubt a + will happen since so many would rather have TBC.
    I mean... Classic+ could just be an altered TBC though. It wouldn't be impossibly difficult to do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vilendor View Post
    Classic+ is literally TBC. Stop this meme
    TBC isn't Classic+. TBC is TBC. Everything that was Classic about Classic is completely invalidated by leveling to 70 and getting massive power boosts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by david0925 View Post
    classic + is basically "expansion i want" + "what i want" - "what i don't want"

aka, a wishlist. So hey why not, everyday can be Christmas.
    I'd say Classic+ at bear minimum could just be TBC but with alterations to make power creep not sink backwards in Classic. Classic content should exist in a bubble without any content from TBC being involved so you can go back and play the game as it used to be before the changes. That way you don't run into the issue of forcing the old servers into TBC or splitting the playerbase up by having a US Classic-Mankrik and US TBC-Mankrik (as an example).

But the whole reason we got Classic was because people wanted to play the game before TBC changes were introduced.. there's no reason to mess that up now.

Quote Originally Posted by Keashaa View Post
    Classic+?
    That's not how you say "the Burning Crusade".

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post

TBC isn't Classic+. TBC is TBC. Everything that was Classic about Classic is completely invalidated by leveling to 70 and getting massive power boosts.
    Problem is Classic will have similar power boosts. Someone in full Naxxramas gear will easily destroy any other 60 in blues.
    Last edited by Arakakao; 2020-02-19 at 09:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by alosiboy View Post
    TBC
    1000000char

Wouldn't it be wild?

Classic+ that diverges from the original timeline and explores what the story should have been, with a proper development team.
    Maybe classic+ would end up with 8.3, and an end game cinematic for N'Zoth. Wouldn't that just be fucking wild?

A chance to undo all their mistakes and build a game that is decent.
    I was a Death's Demise.
    Those were the good old days.

A true classic+ would be hilarious.

Imagine a portal in maraudon opening up somewhere where everything is lvl64+ so you`d need a boatload of more +hit rating to remotely hit stuff there. I imagine walking in that place with a fully nax geared raid and the first lvl64 hydra stomps the raid with a flat 15k water hydrabeam AoE attack.

Apes and progress and fatality returns the next week with a full raid of 200+ frost resistance and kills the very first trash mob. Around the corner 3 tiny gnomes await that decks the tanks with 50k melee cleave strikes that hit everyone in 60 yards. A 60 yard cleave attack.

And im not even talking about bosses.

It would be glorious.

Yes this would be awesome! More content for 0,05% of players ! Great idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Won't be classic +, people could hardly agree on what patch to start Classic on, so you really think people know what they want for new stuff? And then how long until people want servers locked to "their" favorite patch. Its probably to test stuff for a bit before it comes out, that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dommie530 View Post
    Classic+ will 600% not happen. Their will be to many QoL changes that people will not be happy about, it will also take a massive amount of time to actually make something compelling, which we would already have heard about. Best guess is TBC will happen, pretty cheap on their part, it’s the next logical step.
    Right... just like "You think you do but you dont"... then they did and it doubled their subs

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alosiboy View Post
    Classic+ is a meme, why would they do that when the next thing is TBC?
    To be fair Vanilla Servers were also a meme till they did Classic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Classic+ lul, keep dreaming. If anythin we will get tbc but classic+ is such a joke of an idea.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Classic+ lul, keep dreaming. If anythin we will get tbc but classic+ is such a joke of an idea.
    Why is it a bad idea?

For me is the best idea on planet earth.
    The only "bad" part about it is that Blizzard has to "work" to make it happen.

Why is it the best idea ever?
    Because i love the WoW of the past compared to the current wow...BUT...i also like "new" things and want to move forward.
    Just in the direction of "oldschool" MMO design. Game design.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Why is it a bad idea?
    Because if they put money and time into making the game better, why wouldn't they put that money and time into making the LIVE game better?

You think they'd be eager to make a product to please the reactionary crowd who wanted the game to be like it was 15 years ago then complained that the game turned out like it was 15 years ago? That sounds like a REAL fun crowd to try and cater to.

Classic+ could be a thing if only they brought back some of the original devs who actually know how vanilla WoW is supposed to be developed. Todays Blizzard has no idea what made WoW great in the first place, so I don't have any faith in them doing something like vanilla-esque content. Just look at Warcraft 3 Reforged for example, an old game where they took away everything that made it fun in the first place. Its so apparent that none of the original members from WC3 had a say in the thing. They can't even get retail back on the right path.

Quote Originally Posted by Keashaa View Post
    According to wowhead ( https://classic.wowhead.com/news=311...w-game-product ), there is a new product called WoW Classic PTR.
    Is this the first sign for Classic+?
    AAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA
    Oh man, classic players are so delusional. Classic + LMFAO

Ok, let's say for a second blizzard would consider such a thing to appease the children of classic WoW.
    Do you have any idea how impossible it would be for someone to design a new raid in the vanilla design? Developers in 2020 who didn't work on Vanilla, don't know how to properly design or tune a fight for 40 players while also making a fight that fits with the mechanics of the Vanilla era.

Can you imagine a developer from the current retail team era being moved to Classic to design a raid boss.
    "OK GUYS I GOT AN IDEA, lets make a dragon...and then have the dragon shoot fireballs every 10seconds at 10 targets, BUT 10 OTHER PEOPLE have to stack with them to absorb, meanwhile 15 other players need to dodge meteors and stand on circles that spawn. After that 5000 whelps spawn and shoot laser beams and you need to kill them one by one, while you kill the whelps the healers need to heal a titan to full life that appears out of no where. THEN Phase 2, you teleport to a spaceship and have to use all 40 players to absorb every mechanic that happens every 5 seconds.While also attacking ghosts that spawn everytime a player moves, Fight over"
    Meanwhile in Classic wow the hardest mechanic at the moment is actually just running out with explosion on Baron

Anyways, it's very hard to design stuff for 40 people with the restriction that classic has on EVERYTHING. It's the reason you don't see any private servers making their own raids. Don't be dumb

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Why is it a bad idea?

For me is the best idea on planet earth.
    The only "bad" part about it is that Blizzard has to "work" to make it happen.

Why is it the best idea ever?
    Because i love the WoW of the past compared to the current wow...BUT...i also like "new" things and want to move forward.
    Just in the direction of "oldschool" MMO design. Game design.
    Because the bfa team would be making it, they do not have the creativity that the original team had (who are long gone)

So its not gonna happen

Quote Originally Posted by virexnl View Post
    if any thing i hope it is to test run the AQ40 event, becaus that shit wil crash servers again
    I fucking hope it does. Why bother with it in any other way. I want the crashes. I want the boats turning up at stone talon mountain. I want to get there, the game freak out and then find myself in IF again. I want chaos.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dommie530 View Post
    Classic+ will 600% not happen. Their will be to many QoL changes that people will not be happy about, it will also take a massive amount of time to actually make something compelling, which we would already have heard about. Best guess is TBC will happen, pretty cheap on their part, it’s the next logical step.
    You say that but blizzard doesn't know how to math. I put on my 5 infinite star pieces for a laugh and I was at 108% reduced healing. When someone healed me I didn't take any damage which was complete bullshit. I should have taken 8% of the heal as damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

AQ event and the Naxx event will probably need to be tested tbh. AQ especially was a fucking shit show the last time.

After all the changes are people surprised
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassafrass View Post
    It's a Horde symbol but the middle part can also be called the "Eye" of the zone (AZSHARA), it's a play on words
    No, it is happening. The zone changed, it belongs to the Goblins now and is their home. Hearthstone is having a mechanical themed expansion soon, November's cardback is Goblin influenced and revealed concept art shows Goblin machinery. It's a HS expansion, sorry.

It can be many things. What it most certainly isn't is Classic+.