I'm glad Trump is once again proving that the justice system doesn't apply to you if you're rich.

Crimany. The Assange stuff is ancient news from 2017 rehashed for added TDS. Bla Bla more quid-pro-quo for Trumps personal benefit bla bla.

Rohrabacher went to Assange in London, who said he had proof that Russia wasn't behind the hacks. In exchange, Rohrabacher expected that Assange would want a pardon or similar. Rohrabacher was trying to float the plan in Washington.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/09/15/rohr...s-assange.html

This was almost 3 years ago. Assange has repeatedly said it wasn't Russia behind it from the very start. There was never any need for a "deal" to get him to say that - and if Trump had wanted the deal, then Assange would have been pardoned already and not dying in a cell somewhere. Also, if it actually wasn't Russia that did the hacks and Assange had proof to that it would MASSIVELY be in Americas best interest to find out and get to the bottom of it.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    Crimany. The Assange stuff is ancient news from 2017 rehashed for added TDS. Bla Bla more quid-pro-quo for Trumps personal benefit bla bla.

Rohrabacher went to Assange in London, who said he had proof that Russia wasn't behind the hacks. In exchange, Rohrabacher expected that Assange would want a pardon or similar. Rohrabacher was trying to float the plan in Washington.

This was almost 3 years ago. Assange has repeatedly said it wasn't Russia behind it from the very start. There was never any need for a "deal" to get him to say that - and if Trump had wanted the deal, then Assange would have been pardoned already and not dying in a cell somewhere. Also, if it actually wasn't Russia that did the hacks and Assange had proof to that it would MASSIVELY be in Americas best interest to find out and get to the bottom of it.
    In exchange, Assange would produce alleged evidence that Russia did not provide the hacked emails released by WikiLeaks during the 2016 presidential election, the newspaper said.
    Relevant bit. Assange never produced the evidence, never got the deal. But the effort was made regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Relevant bit. Assange never produced the evidence, never got the deal. But the effort was made regardless.
    If Assange says he has actual evidence, then how's it a bad thing to be holding the discussions? This isn't about fabricating evidence or lying; just revealing the evidence that Assange claims he had.

If the evidence does indeed exist to say it wasn't Russia (I'm not saying it does) It would be in the whole of Americas best interest to know. Granted it would be in Trumps best interests if that narrative was real but any administration should need to look into claims like that.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

If Assange says he has actual evidence, then how's it a bad thing to be holding the discussions? This isn't about fabricating evidence or lying; just revealing the evidence that Assange claims he had.
    The point being he doesn't appear to have any, and this is, at best, a pretty shady attempt to discredit the entire US intelligence apparatus.

If the evidence does indeed exist to say it wasn't Russia (I'm not saying it does) It would be in the whole of Americas best interest to know. Granted it would be in Trumps best interests if that narrative was real but any administration should need to look into claims like that.
    If it did, I'm sure he'd have released it by now. But it would come as a surprise to the global intelligence community who largely all agree that yes, it was Russia.

I'd be open to it if he has info, but he's been nothing but a Putin stooge for years now, and was working more closely with people in Trump's orbit than he, or they, have admitted to prior to those details being released publicly.

The point being he doesn't appear to have any, and this is, at best, a pretty shady attempt to discredit the entire US intelligence apparatus.
    I was more thinking it was a delay tactic to avoid extradition and/or keep his name in the media. The he knows he will dissapear the moment he crosses into our boarder.

I mean, trust me, I would HOPE he can produce evidence and this did happen! Just knowing what kind of a weasel worm he is, I'm not expecting it to be actually true.

We got to the bottom of it.

Robert Mueller's Trump-Russia investigation and the US Intelligence community made it quite clear.

And Russia will be paying for it as long as there are Russians.

10+ Year Old Account
    Making progress, it only took half the article for them to find the culprit!...while also still trying to somehow blame Democrats by calling them "fiscally irresponsible" despite the fact that Democrats are the only party that ever bothers to try to propose revenue increases to cover spending increases.
    I've always felt that Democrats would be better off 'owning' the 'tax and spend liberal' crap conservatives love to spew and rebut it by saying 'Tax and spend at least implies we try to pay for what we want to get done, unlike the tax cut and spend conservatives". Swap out 'tax cut' with whatever is most impactful, whether that is 'borrow and spend' or 'spend and spend'.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    Donald Trump 'offered Julian Assange a pardon if he denied Russia link to hack'.

Not sure if I missed it or we're not talking about this yet.
    the only thing wrong about this is that he put a stupid condition on pardoning him.

he needs to be pardoned, and he needs to change his entire face and flee the country, because the CIA will kill this man eventually for exposing their shit. i think i'd vote tulsi, even with her gun shit, just to have something finally done about these fucking vile subhumans.

Can we impeach Trump again for trying to bribe Assange since bribery is explicitly mentioned in the constitution?

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Can we impeach Trump again for trying to bribe Assange since bribery is explicitly mentioned in the constitution?
    Have to remember the precedent the Senate set.

Bribery, Extortion, Election Interference, Obstruction, you could probably throw money laundering in there as well, when the president does it, they don't consider it illegal so long as they can twist the logic to make it sound like it was for his election or something else he could say he thought was in the nations best interest.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Have to remember the precedent the Senate set.

Bribery, Extortion, Election Interference, Obstruction, you could probably throw money laundering in there as well, when the president does it, they don't consider it illegal so long as they can twist the logic to make it sound like it was for his election or something else he could say he thought was in the nations best interest.
    Can we just explicitly call the article of impeachment Bribery this time so Republicans will have a harder time saying "There's no actual crime"

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Can we just explicitly call the article of impeachment Bribery this time so Republicans will have a harder time saying "There's no actual crime"
    They flat out admitted Trump did it after Bolton came out.

Four of the defenses I heard them use "Commission of a crime isn't impeachable", " Abuse of Power isn't impeachable because extortion and election interference aren't ENOUGH crimes", "It doesn't matter how many crimes that Trump commits, all that matters is the 2/3rds Senate majority", and "The president can commit extortion and election interference if he thinks his presidency is within the nations best interest".

They admitted it was a crime last time by the end already. Will take more than that.

As I have said before, Trump could butt rape a small child in full public view and they still wouldn't remove him so long as he tells everyone it's fake news (Without confessing and bragging too much while doing it).
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

The Bloomberg ad that caused Trump to go on a diet. It ran on Fox also.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    The Bloomberg ad that caused Trump to go on a diet. It ran on Fox also.

I honestly feel like Bloomberg would be better off dropping out of the race and just devoting his money to attack ads against Trump and his traitorous enablers in Congress. See how concerned that makes Susan Collins.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    I honestly feel like Bloomberg would be better off dropping out of the race and just devoting his money to attack ads against Trump and his traitorous enablers in Congress. See how concerned that makes Susan Collins.
    He really is doing a fantastic job of attacking Trump.

I feel like Bloomberg could pull off a tight 5 of just "Trump's a moron" material.

I mean, most comedians can.

But that shouldn't be a reason to be President.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I feel like Bloomberg could pull off a tight 5 of just "Trump's a moron" material.

I mean, most comedians can.

But that shouldn't be a reason to be President.
    most comedians are incredibly cringe and awful though. but, i've always cringed at stand up comedy, no matter the subject.

but, i do think he'd better serve his side just doing what he's done for the past few years now. get out of the race, go use your subversion tactics with all your money, and let sanders and buttigieg compete for nomination.

never thought id see Sirajuddin Haqqani writing an opinion piece in the NYT.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/20/o...r-haqqani.html

10+ Year Old Account
    Rohrabacher admits everything.

Rohrabacher also emphasized in the interview that he only wanted “truthful” information from Assange and never suggested that he “lie.” But he said he believed then — and even more so now — that the information he was seeking would prove that WikiLeaks got its DNC emails from Seth Rich, a claim that if true would undercut the findings of U.S. intelligence agencies and Mueller’s prosecutors that Russian agents had hacked the Democratic Party and stolen the emails.
    This is now a three-way battle between a thief working for Putin, the biggest fattest liar on the planet, and a hybrid between the two.