Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Titanforging Gear (concept)

Concept of a new/combined system for Warforged and Titanforged gear. Giving players back choices.

In short, still need to get lucky on getting Warforged or Titanforged gear.
    If you are, you get access to two or three Titan-slots on that item. (Two on Warforged and three on Titanforged)

What do you put in these?
    Titanpowers or Powershards in the way the current essence system kinda works.

Where do you get Powers?
    You unlock new (accountwide) powers by playing and doing relevant content.

Why do you need Powershards?
    You need Powershards to build enough power in the currently equipped gear to activate a Titanpower of your choosing.
    This way you can also have a couple of "battery"-items that function in every spec that purely empower your other items.
    And items like weapons that have different Titanpowers on them depending on your role.

What powers? =D

This can be a flat ilvl increase, free talent pick or an effects like Infinite Stars, you name it!
    But each come at their own TP cost. (TP=TitanPower)

What if you switch gear and don't have enough total TP?
    All effects are turned off, until you do, very simple.

Changing equiped powers?
    When resting, no cost.

Example pictures:

(Warforged (empty) Item)

(Titanforged (empty) Item)

(Titanforged (filled) Item)

Could you like a system like this? What would you change?

PS: Yes, I noticed the silly typo, sorry i hope you don't feel threatened by it.

10+ Year Old Account
    While I appreciate the thought that went into this, I don't want them to carry on with the current Essence System in any shape or form.

10+ Year Old Account
    THis seems pretty interesting, but i wouldn't like to see ilevels as a choice.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    THis seems pretty interesting, but i wouldn't like to see ilevels as a choice.
    Why not if I may ask? I know some people prefer stat sticks above effects.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    While I appreciate the thought that went into this, I don't want them to carry on with the current Essence System in any shape or form.
    What system do you like? Or should blizzard remove titanforged gear completely?

Quote Originally Posted by shade3891 View Post

What system do you like? Or should blizzard remove titanforged gear completely?
    They can't.

I can guarantee everyone there will be a system like titanforging or like corruption on gear in shadowlands, it's necessary at this point.
    Mythic+ long-term carrot and also the extremely fast gear acquisition "need" such systems or else players of all levels of content would be done gearing in no time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather have simply static gear, with static sockets. No need for the extra stuff. Let us farm stuff we want without having to pray for extra things. I prefer corruption over TF but I'd rather have none of them.

BLIZZARD: What, no RNG?!

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    should go back to MoP - gear can warforge to I think it was 6ilvl better than what standard was and then you can use something similar to valor points (which has a weekly cap) to upgrade the items twice for a total of 10 ilvl

In short, still need to get lucky on getting Warforged or Titanforged gear.
    this right here is the main problem ppl have with titanforging.

Like: account wide unlock, makes it alt friendly.

Dislike: Having 2/3 abilities per slot seems like overkill with 16 slots of gear you are looking at up to 48 slots to manage. That would be hell from a balance perspective. Players are going to end up with to many powers making balancing a pain or most of the slots will be for "powershards" which are ultimately a boring choice that takes away from the fun of getting a forged drop. Your only other choice is to limit what gear can war/titan forge but then we are basically back to azerite gear with some added in player agency.

10+ Year Old Account
    If Titanforging absolutely HAS to exist, it should be something simple and unobtrusive.....something along the lines of "All max level items have around a 5% chance to increase item level by between +5 and +15 (with the associated increase in stats), but only within the tier that item belongs to". I really don't think Titanforging needs to be any more than that. I sure I'm not alone in thinking that the idea of farming the same OP trinket (or whatever) that massively inflates over it's initial iteration each raid tier, for the entire life of an expansion, is not just tedious and frustrating....it's incredibly lazy game design.

5+ Year Old Account
    While I appreciate OP's effort, with nifty pics and all, I don't want to see anything like WF/TF ever again. Corruption system might be somewhat better, if they had at least bothered with balancing some of the effects, but I don't like it either - and Ion has said it isn't carrying over to SL anyway. Praise the Eternal Sun!
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Easy solution to the old titan forging problem. Put the old system back. If you win the piece of loot at below titanforged, you can upgrade it by 5 ilvl up to the titanforged level by re-forging it with additional drops of the same item all the way up to the titanforged ilvl from the respective content. Normal drop, you can forge up to the normal titanforged ilvl, heroic same, mythic same. You win the boots at level 10, but it can titanforge to 25 potentially, next week you win it at level 10 again, re-forge them together and your boots are now level 15, repeat up to the titanforged level of 25.

This does a few things.

You still have that thrill of the titanforged loot, so when you occasionally do those slightly lesser content bits you can still get something that rewards you...or you get that huge boost when you luck into it on harder content....while at the same time if your RNG luck sucks and you keep winning the same damned pair of boots week after week, you at least get a clear upgrade out of it. It also is a clear power upgrade path for those needing a bit of a boost to get over the edge on harder content.

There are other ways you could implement this system as well, be it a valor based system that you get from completing other events, ext....blizzard has done it in the past. This could even be used to fix the issue with corruption and allowing you to re-forge corrupted gear, azerite gear, or whatever the new RNG bit might be moving forward.

RNG can be great fun. It feels good when you have that win/RNG luck. But back it with a progression system that allows people with bad RNG or people with more time than skill to slowly upgrade/improve to offset that RNG bad luck.

And...if you are concerned about trivializing harder/heroic/mythic content, make the ilvl gap just wide enough between them so that the titanforged gear at normal raiding, as an example, is not better than Heroic. Make it a legit upgrade path, but do not break the next tier of difficulties loot loop with it. So those that do Heroic do not feel cheated by those who repeatedly clear normal and upgrade their loot, while at the same time providing normal raiders with a solid reward progression as well.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    should go back to MoP - gear can warforge to I think it was 6ilvl better than what standard was and then you can use something similar to valor points (which has a weekly cap) to upgrade the items twice for a total of 10 ilvl
    Yeah this was a decent system. Never hated it at all though it is not that exciting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why not if I may ask? I know some people prefer stat sticks above effects.
    iLvl inflation once again, not as drastic, but still.
    That's assuming +5 would sim higher than 'corruption' effects.
    Didn't they remove WF/TF because people didn't like the ilvl inflation?

Edit: I actually prefer interesting effects over stat-sticks.

Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    iLvl inflation once again, not as drastic, but still.
    That's assuming +5 would sim higher than 'corruption' effects.
    Didn't they remove WF/TF because people didn't like the ilvl inflation?

Edit: I actually prefer interesting effects over stat-sticks.
    No. They removed it because people didn't like the rng of it. They just replaced it with another rng system.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

I would like a system where an item could roll between 75% and 100% of its maximum power. It doesn't matter how the actual system is designed if it's iLvl, sockets, essences or a combination or something completely else.

HOWEVER, you should be able to upgrade the item over time to its maximum potential.

If you're the unluckiest person in the world and never got over 75% it would for example take 4 months of upgrading gear to get all slots to 100%, if you were very lucky it would take you 2 months and for the average person it would take 3 months.

I would love for us to be able to collect and slot in our own set bonuses, kinda like the essence system but have each season be self contained, gear from season 2 would be incompatible with essences from season 1.

I would also love to see the red, blue and yellow gem slots return and be something you work towards adding to your gear.

Lastly I think that iLvl upgrades should return. You would be able to upgrade all gear up to mythic quality but if you only did LFR for example you wouldn't be able to get enough currency each week to upgrade your gear before the next content patch. The harder content you do the less you'll have to grind to get your gear to max iLvl.

15+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for all the feedback! Very interesting to read your thoughts and idea's. I was trying to make a system that works for everyone.

I see a lot of people that want to forcefully warforge and titanforge gear. That is a separate system imo. Let's say the last boss of each heroic dungeon drops an item that allows you to upgrade an item to warforged and after that Titanforge. A system like that can work with almost any other system.

Personally I don't like a stat-stick upgrades (boring), but I know some do and that's why I did include it as example. I do like the new corruption effects, not so much the negatives and the RNG of what corruption I get. Feels like Legion legendary system to me. :S

I think this is a way too elaborate system for every piece of gear (Blizzard could barely cope with 3) and just introduces more RNG bullshit again. I'm not a fan of all the random proc stuff in the first place, especially if it isn't even class themed. If there really needs to be a gear upgrade-system I would prefer one like in MoP where you just upgrade it within certain limits (preferably +5/10 only).

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    While I appreciate OP's effort, with nifty pics and all, I don't want to see anything like WF/TF ever again. Corruption system might be somewhat better, if they had at least bothered with balancing some of the effects, but I don't like it either - and Ion has said it isn't carrying over to SL anyway. Praise the Eternal Sun!
    I think the corruption system is even worse, so I'm glad it isn't carrying over, but it makes me worry so much for SL and the way they will design gear and character progression.. The fact that we have crossed the point where there is absolutely no chance of knowing how good an item is without simming it just beggers believe. That people pay some external sites to speed up the constant simming is just icing on the cake and goes to show how out of control this is. What happened to their stated design goals? Weren't items supposed to be simpler so that you can see which one is better by iLvl alone?
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

I'm like <Soon-TM>, while i appreciate the effort, i never enjoyed titanforging and ilvl issues and unfairness. We have played this game without TF before and we had no problem with it. I think everyone can live without TF as it's another RNG factor that we can easily remove out of the way.