Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Why Dailies in 8.3

So, at the beginning of Legion, they realized the Bonus Objectives from WoD were well received, and so they developed the WQ system. Now, WQs are not without flaws, but having been playing since WotLK, it's a nice change. Suramar had small upkeep quests, but was mostly WQs, too. In the FAQ panel for Shadowlands, they announced updates to the WQ system they're calling World Quests 2.0, but have not been elaborated on since.

So, why, pray tell, did they go back to dailies for 8.3 content?

And why did they make the dailies so ridiculous to do?

Find 3 chests that respawn irregularly in a rather large area, that can despawn WHILE YOU ARE USING THEM
    Find 3 rares which is impossible to do in Warmode, as they are all either dead, or take long enough for the opposing faction to find and kill you.
    And on non-Warmode, have generally a ton of health and are unlikely to solo, but it takes forever for anybody to actually show up to help.

These kinds of quests have traditionally been WQs. You have the 6 chest Mechagon WQ. You have the multitudes of "Kill 'x' Rare". So why make unnecessary dailies for 8.3 N'zoth Assaults?

Because we needed a break from WQ. We've had them constantly for years now, having a patch that breaks away from them is nice imo. I agree, some of the dailies are a bit annoying, but for some reason, I prefer them to WQ. I wouldn't want to permanently go back to them, but having a break is nice.

These dailies made me appreciate the world quests even more, especially when it comes to the boring travel to and from quest givers.

Quote Originally Posted by jzhbee View Post
    In the FAQ panel for Shadowlands, they announced updates to the WQ system they're calling World Quests 2.0, but have not been elaborated on since.
    The only thing we know is that alts will be able to do WQs from the start of their run in shadowlands, once the first character on the account has been through it all. That could be 2.0 in their minds, which is kind of a step up in my books too.

As for the return to dailies..... It's merely another way to timegate things. Dailies you can do once per day, when it suits you, but you still have to return to the questgiver to hand them in. WQs, even with a 24h duration, would make you play less, since they would autocomplete on the spot. Sure, it's a few minutes for the individual player, but it's countless hours in the statistics. And if you make WQs with the usual duration, people would be gaining reputation far too fast for Blizzard, which again would reduce playtime statistics.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelcryo View Post
    Because we needed a break from WQ. We've had them constantly for years now, having a patch that breaks away from them is nice imo. I agree, some of the dailies are a bit annoying, but for some reason, I prefer them to WQ. I wouldn't want to permanently go back to them, but having a break is nice.
    I really don't get this, the ONLY difference between world quests and daily quests is that you don't have to lose time walking to get them and deliver them. Hell with world quests you can even choose those that you want to do based on rewards.

Because people thought dailies were better than WQs, when in fact - they are wrong.

Another case of Blizzard listening to the vocal minority it seems

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Because people thought dailies were better than WQs, when in fact - they are wrong.

Another case of Blizzard listening to the vocal minority it seems
    This. However, I do think the Events are an interesting update and wouldn't mind seeing them similar types of WQ "Events" in the future.
    Professor of History at Dalaran University

Quote Originally Posted by Nephys View Post
    I really don't get this, the ONLY difference between world quests and daily quests is that you don't have to lose time walking to get them and deliver them. Hell with world quests you can even choose those that you want to do based on rewards.
    Yup, it's entirely a perception thing, seeing something different can be enough to make it feel different, even if it's basically the same thing underneath.

Dailies can all be done at the same time, so its easier to just group up and fly all over the place. It just works better for assaults this way.

Because Blizzard realized that having rep tied to world quests with a talking head that appears out of nowhere didn’t make sense and that turning in physical quests to a quest giver is miles better.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know why it has to be one or the other. I prefer both. I like to have different kinds of stuff to do. Always thought that a mix of dailies which were story-oriented along with WQ would be fine.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

I certainly would have preferred WQs. They are essentially dailies, just with better UI.

So, at the beginning of Legion, they realized the Bonus Objectives from WoD were well received, and so they developed the WQ system. Now, WQs are not without flaws, but having been playing since WotLK, it's a nice change. Suramar had small upkeep quests, but was mostly WQs, too. In the FAQ panel for Shadowlands, they announced updates to the WQ system they're calling World Quests 2.0, but have not been elaborated on since.

Find 3 chests that respawn irregularly in a rather large area, that can despawn WHILE YOU ARE USING THEM
    Find 3 rares which is impossible to do in Warmode, as they are all either dead, or take long enough for the opposing faction to find and kill you.
    And on non-Warmode, have generally a ton of health and are unlikely to solo, but it takes forever for anybody to actually show up to help.

These kinds of quests have traditionally been WQs. You have the 6 chest Mechagon WQ. You have the multitudes of "Kill 'x' Rare". So why make unnecessary dailies for 8.3 N'zoth Assaults?
    They didn't want the bonuses that you get that increase the reputation or rewards from dailies to be applied to the new content. Quick fix? Make them dailies, not WQ.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Dailies ARE world quests. The only practical difference is unshared resources and increased tedium, neither of which are favorable conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Dailies ARE world quests. The only practical difference is unshared resources and increased tedium, neither of which are favorable conditions.
    Yup, it's entirely a perception thing, seeing something different can be enough to make it feel different, even if it's basically the same thing underneath.
    I already answered that, WQ objectively are slightly better, but it's just the perception of doing something "different".

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    These dailies made me appreciate the world quests even more, especially when it comes to the boring travel to and from quest givers.
    I have to agree, especially in the vale.. flying down to rajani just to get 1 or 2 quests and then back seems like such a moronic waste of time. I think dailies had some justification for quests that are seperated over a wide area, but all the tasks in 8.3 might as well be WQs and the act of picking them up is just annoying busywork.

Edit: And no, the ones in 8.3 don't tell a story that is worth the hassle, the only justification is that getting 3 of them simultaneously in these small zones would be kinda awkward, but that is a UI issue and could be solved differently with specialized zone based quest tracker, similar to the invasion tracker.

At best the current implementation of dailies is just a lazy GUI solution, at worst they are deliberate busy work to pad menial tasks.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2020-02-20 at 12:35 PM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Weird, I have warmode on, i find the chests and solo the rares in about 10 minutes.

I do agree though, they should just be WQ's as its generally quicker but i can't say it really bothers me having to pick up a few quests and then hand them in.

Quote Originally Posted by Throwme View Post
    The only thing we know is that alts will be able to do WQs from the start of their run in shadowlands, once the first character on the account has been through it all. That could be 2.0 in their minds, which is kind of a step up in my books too.

As for the return to dailies..... It's merely another way to timegate things. Dailies you can do once per day, when it suits you, but you still have to return to the questgiver to hand them in. WQs, even with a 24h duration, would make you play less, since they would autocomplete on the spot. Sure, it's a few minutes for the individual player, but it's countless hours in the statistics. And if you make WQs with the usual duration, people would be gaining reputation far too fast for Blizzard, which again would reduce playtime statistics.

Let's not forget dailies do not benefit from "World Quest week" where WQs give 50% additional rep.

Company is garbage now.

7+ Year Old Account

cause people have complained constatnyl saying world quests are shit and dailies were so much better, so we are back to dailies.
    sadly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    [/B]

Let's not forget dailies do not benefit from "World Quest week" where WQs give 50% additional rep.

Company is garbage now.
    i mena its literally the players who have been asking for it, its easier to make a world quest too then a daily.

look 2 posts down.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Because we needed a break from WQ.
    I don't need a break frow WQs!
    #bringbackworldquests
    #dailiessucks