Page 30 of 67 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Just FYI: Umbrics blizzard can be broken by pets, so as owlkin use trent talent. Position yourself on one side, wait for teleport, use trents at max distance, wait for them to run to the boss for interrapt, wait for dots to bring him other second teleport and he ports right to you.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    It's rank 12, but it's only one Lost zone and you'll have 65% sanity loss reduction from rank 11, so it should be pretty easy. After all, you don't even need the final boss, just the zone itself - plus it will be Orgimmar, so just grab Valley of Wisdom with its' three easy elites, instead of Rexxar who is a bit more challenging.
    I actually prefer rexxar lost zone, i guess it's up to preference, i just do the corrupted area and go straight there, i find it easier

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    As a havoc DH this is currently the most enjoyable thing for me to do solo in the game. But I also loved Mage Tower, Brawler's Guild, and the Warlock Green Fire quest. Solo challenges are probably my favorite aspect of WoW, including soloing old dungeons and raids, for that matter.

I'm certainly not playing or geared optimally (446 ilvl) but yesterday I was able to clear all four lost areas in Orgrimmar and make it back to Thrall with about 150-200 Sanity remaining, got him to about 50% before I messed up and ate some AoE that drained the rest of my Sanity. I made some pretty obvious mistakes in that run as it was my first time attempting 2+2+1 and only the second time I'd included Valley of Honor in a run, but now I have my cloak at Rank 10 and I've reached Gift of the Titans in the research tree, so my next set of runs should get me the rest of the way there.

Incidentally, I think this is basically what Island Expeditions should have been from the start. I'm looking forward to seeing how they handle the Maw of the Damned in Shadowlands.
    Basically same story here mate, and same ilevel when I did full clear on my DH!

Here's a video of me doing it - is this the path you took through Orgrimmar too?

https://youtu.be/1ITYduvazTw

Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    I actually prefer rexxar lost zone, i guess it's up to preference, i just do the corrupted area and go straight there, i find it easier
    I don't, first you have to clear full medium area to access it, contrary to just killing 1 mob in medium area to access Geyarah zone, but also the boss in Geyarah area is a joke while Rexxar can easily stunlock me to death or drain all my sanity with boars on a character than can't kill him super quick.

I really, really enjoy them.
    I HATE - H A T E that they're so expensive and that you can't get the currency to run them so scarcely.
    They should've used some system where you can get extra runs (or even practice runs) with War Resources - that's a wasted currency you're just passively getting - just because right now.
    But I like them - if Torghast is similar but with more chances of running and ruining your own runs (like "what if I do this but I don't use X Y or Z thing?" - you can't do that on the Visions because you run them so few times you can't really "waste" one vessel trying out shit).
    So, yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    then you're likely not in the place to evaluate the difficulty methinks.
    I personally had the most issues with blood dk since velen would stand in the aoe and die, next to that, my paladin in garbage gear with 0 prot legendaries had a "hard" time (still got all 36)

Though, I'm sure you could've done it as bear with GG/balance affinity if people thought of just moonfire spamming. It def took a while for FoN/LaTC to become popular (early ToS)
    Well that is a perfect comparison since I have done 32 mage towers within a timespan of 11 days. If you look at my chart it took me 450+ wipes.
    All of them on shit alts that I used just to make gold. That means average of 3 specs per day and 14 tries per spec.

Now I'm at 470 with almost bis trinkets, twilight devastation R3 and almost all traits except for those 4 solo ones (self ress and 3x dps buff)
    Best attempt was maybe 3 masks?

So for me difference is clear. At this point in "gear" in mage tower I would have steamrolled it hard.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toro S View Post
    Basically same story here mate, and same ilevel when I did full clear on my DH!

Here's a video of me doing it - is this the path you took through Orgrimmar too?

https://youtu.be/1ITYduvazTw
    Not quite, though yours is probably more efficient. I did right side (Garona -> Rexxar), warped back to the start, then did left side (Geyarah -> Zekhan). I was just planning on trying Garona, Rexxar, Geyarah, and Thrall, but I got some good RNG on the corruption effects and my Purification Protocol annihilations.

I haven't really had a chance to play this week so I haven't tried Stormwind yet. I kind of suck at Stormwind still, and it always seems to have the worst corruption effects every week.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    I don't, first you have to clear full medium area to access it, contrary to just killing 1 mob in medium area to access Geyarah zone, but also the boss in Geyarah area is a joke while Rexxar can easily stunlock me to death or drain all my sanity with boars on a character than can't kill him super quick.
    Maybe thats why, i'm a DH and it can be done easily as my hp is so easily recovered and i can get away from things pretty easy as well, i barely even see his boars cause i kill him so fast. Dh is pretty bursty as well.

If you can't just burn tf out of rexxar, take it slow and kill boars. It's cleaner and way more consistent. I can't zerg rexxar on my hunter w/o TD procs on the pigs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Well that is a perfect comparison since I have done 32 mage towers within a timespan of 11 days. If you look at my chart it took me 450+ wipes.
    All of them on shit alts that I used just to make gold. That means average of 3 specs per day and 14 tries per spec.

Now I'm at 470 with almost bis trinkets, twilight devastation R3 and almost all traits except for those 4 solo ones (self ress and 3x dps buff)
    Best attempt was maybe 3 masks?

So for me difference is clear. At this point in "gear" in mage tower I would have steamrolled it hard.
    You did 32 mage towers in early Tomb? What raid was current?
    Not buying it but whatever.

Mind you that mage tower was released late NH and was intended for H ToS gear.
    The only way the difficulty would be similar woudl be at 3+ masks.

You did 32 mage towers in early Tomb? What raid was current?
    Not buying it but whatever.

Mind you that mage tower was released late NH and was intended for H ToS gear.
    The only way the difficulty would be similar woudl be at 3+ masks.
    No, I said it that my alts were at 900 ilvl - shit gear from WQ. So it was during antorus raid.

When mage tower came out i did 4 - but still steamrolled them since those were my mains - BM/MM/Destro/Ele.
    Those were my earliest attempts.

Then during Antorus i just assembled some shit 900-915ilvl gear for my alts and did remaining 32.
    But but all meaning my alts were nowhere near as powerful as my main with ToS gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    Well, yes. If you're behind, it's nasty. But if both of you had started at the same time, it wouldn't be an issue.
    The point with fucking up is:
    - if you do it solo, you're done, nothing you can do
    - if you do it with a friend, they can still save the day
    I don't know, maybe nowadays friend is used for something else - I tend to call friends those I'm comfortable with, that wouldn't stress me out and that are willing to do things together and vice-versa.
    We started at the same time but I took the rez ability research, so she got the top tier research before me.

Going forward I really can't see myself running me than 1 per week (if at all) so my friend (who is a friend I know irl and have played with nearly weekly for years) and everyone else will just move further ahead.

I'm just generally not a fan of anything that's a race against the clock, I'm not a fan of the mechanics that the encounters give. I'm not a fan of the repetition. I'm not a fan of the surrounding grind. All of these combine to just leave me frustrated and on edge so I think I need to quit them before I do something stupid like punch my keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    No, I said it that my alts were at 900 ilvl - shit gear from WQ. So it was during antorus raid.

When mage tower came out i did 4 - but still steamrolled them since those were my mains - BM/MM/Destro/Ele.
    Those were my earliest attempts.

Then during Antorus i just assembled some shit 900-915ilvl gear for my alts and did remaining 32.
    But but all meaning my alts were nowhere near as powerful as my main with ToS gear.
    Nah, itemlevel in mage tower meant a lot for most classes. While I do get what you're saying.

Also those were some of the easiest challenges. I did most of mine in ToS gear, the only ones I didn't do during that raid were Prot/holy pala, mage (all 3), and outlaw/sub rogue.

It's a kinda toss-up because higher itemlevel means you can survive longer and for most of the mage tower mechanics, stam just allowed you to survive when you wouldn't. Damage output wasn't ever really an issue for mage tower.

I still remember oneshotting unholy in early ToS M+ gear just going in on a whim.

To a degree. Stormwind can get fucked with a rusty rake though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh, nice. Just did my first successful maskless full clear of Stormwind, and with quite a bit of sanity to spare. Now 447 ilvl, still Rank 10 cloak. Took me a while to figure out the best way to get through the Mage Quarter and that stupid fucking heavy feet ended one of my runs short when I get feared into that fleshbeast that spawns gunk all over the ground, but I finally figured it out this last time and nailed the rest of the run. Also got a couple really lucky instant annihilations on elites with Purification Protocol.

Unfortunately after four runs this week I've only got 7/8 pages. :/

I need to grind some spare parts to get Purification Protocol up to Rank 3 at some point...
    Last edited by Kathranis; 2020-02-20 at 07:34 AM.

Some classes can cheese Umbric because they have mobility and slow removals, while others will find it disproportionally slower / harder.
    It's just occured to me... it probably shows that I'm filthy, mega bad casual... Does druid's re-shapeshift remove the debuff? I'll have to check it today, but if it does... I would feel so bad to not figuring it out earlier, lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    It's just occured to me... it probably shows that I'm filthy, mega bad casual... Does druid's re-shapeshift remove the debuff? I'll have to check it today, but if it does... I would feel so bad to not figuring it out earlier, lmao.
    99% sure it does, because vengeful retreat/disengage+posthaste breaks it

- - - Updated - - -

Anyway there's a video of a DK 5 masking it, so really any melee probably can @470ish

5+ Year Old Account
    Yes, it's an enjoyable content. Stop complaining about every adds in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    Unless you can prove it somehow, I call bullshit. As balance druid with 460 ilev and rank 10 cloak I was able to full clear SW with 1 mask (burned bridge) but it was pretty close, with approaching Alleria with ~75% sanity and no orbs (cause fuck Umbric). MAYBE you'd be able to do that in Org, but no way SW. Ilev actually matters when using masks, and there's simply no way you'd be able to do it in time with -50% max sanity mask.

Unless you talk only Thrall/Alleria.
    Why would you use the -50% max sanity mask? It's the absolute worse one imo.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Why would you use the -50% max sanity mask? It's the absolute worse one imo.
    Burned bridge is the void zone snail trail

-50% sanity is "long night"

DK doing all 5 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHVzKU3LIsg

Burned bridge is the void zone snail trail

-50% sanity is "long night"

DK doing all 5 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHVzKU3LIsg
    Correct, not sure what your point is though. The one I quoted specifically mentioned "-50% max" at the end as if it's the mask you have to take in 3-4 mask run.
    Error 404 - Signature not found