Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I think the things we were told are also the things I expect. What I'd hope for is much more, of course, like height and weight sliders, or even preset 'skinny' 'average' 'muscular' and 'thiiiic' options. A bit like in swtor, just make the height not change with the weight but independently. There are, after all, also small muscular people and tall skinny ones.

Otherwise I'd just like lots of tattoos, maybe scars. Love the new skintones and facial options (I really hope they implement those for NPCs too!)

What I'd also really, really like is a facial expression option. Those exist in swtor too and what sometimes bothers me in WoW is that when I like one specific face, I it has a smile or something like that forever on it. Make the facial expression neutral and let me then apply a smiling or grumpy expression myself. I'd love that.

I don't know that I desire "new" options, so much as just BETTER ones. For almost every race, hair-lines are super wonky, especially on Humans.

Also, I'd vastly prefer even skin-tones. Blizzard has his horrible tendency these days to make characters' lower arms and legs WAY darker than their face or torso. It winds up looking like shit and over-textured.

Also, no "cross-race hairstyles", each hairstyle should look custom made for that specific race. In the cast of the Human Male's "Barbarian" hairstyle, they completely changed it in the WoD revamp to make it look like a Dwarven hairstyle, and it just looks ridiculous on Humans now (despite originally being a Human hairstyle that was later given to Dwarves).

Oh, and for fuck's sake; give Draenei Males the *ORIGINAL* Goatee option!!! You know, the one they had in the TBC cinematic?

- - - Updated - - -

Oh also, I absolutely do ***NOT*** want "Sliders" of any kind. It's way too easy to wind up with characters that look "off" or "alien" when it comes to sliders. Blizzard's artists have always excelled when it comes to making things feel hand-drawn.

Maybe higher-quality hair color options? For example, "red hair" should always include streaks of blonde hair, at least for Humans, Dwarves, and Blood Elves. Instead, they only have more unnatural, "dyed" red colors.

Oh and finally, I would probably remove any sort of "body hair". The reason is that, you can instantly spot that most hair colors don't "match" your character, because your body hair is part of the skin texture. Dwarves and Humans are most guilty of this, as there's something instantly off-putting about certain hair-colors when they just clearly differ from the hair color on their arms.

I know it's not gonna happen in Shadowlands, but I'd just take some body types, yknow.
    Like 3 of them. The regular, thin and buff, or whatever makes the most sense per race. So a mage can be a thinner human, a warrior can be a buffer blood elf, you catch my drift.

non-hunched worgen, beardless dwarf males, unhunched DS trolls, worgen fur patterns, night elf and blood elf eye brows. Honestly a lot of my wants is for eyebrows and beards not to clip so much and ruin some transmogs!
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyscale View Post
    But then again, in the story, we're pretty brutal murder machines and not really "strategical assets". Just send us in and we'll murder everything in our way!
    So I guess the solution here is simple - we'll murder everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    [*]Draenei tail length[*]Blood elves already have 40+ new customization options
    Do you still have the source for these ? I kinda remember the mention for blood elves customs, but I totally missed out on those draenei tails !

As for the subject, I'd say :

-a separation of eye colors and faces (or at least, a separation for worgen and human faces)
    -I kinda expect BE to get blue eyes, not a wish, more like a guess.
    -I wonder if undead will get light eyes because... Calia ? xD But Derek could be a good starting point for undead who look more like their human old selves. Or at least some diversity in death (Derek skin shows his death at sea.)
    -I wonder how much subraces we could expect. We have sandtrolls and WH dwarves, but will we get broken faces for draenei, or amani and drakkari skin colors (no matter the body size) or is it too much a stretch ?
    -If it was announced that BE would get 40+ custom, I expect most of them to be skin tones and haircuts.
    -I don't care much about jewels but I expect a shit ton of that. Some of the goblin jewels are pretty ugly and off (tf is that nose bone really ?) so getting some more would be cool.
    -Maybe scars will be options too. Face scars, everyone needs at least an eye scar to match the eyepatch !
    -A tail for worgen would be funny.
    -If gnomes get darker skin tones, they need to give us that afrognome ! But since they went as far as giving us sandtrolls skin, I think they might give us leper skin on the sole account that it's available.
    -I also kinda expect most of the npc only skin options to become playable. Dragonmaw orcs, Grimtotem taurens, etc.
    -That reminds of the Sub-races Photoshop Mockup thread. I wonder about the Frostborn, Earthen, fel orcs and the like.
    -We saw dwarves with dark skins, but will they have their ethnic faces too ? Would be funny if everyone got that kind of lifting.
    -We saw a troll's broken tusk, I wonder how far it will go. Will we be able to chose which side is the broken tusk ? Which brings the question of the tauren broken horn and draenei horns.
    -More back fixing for our hunched races, even though I don't care that much, and I'm not sure of the result for everyone (trolls, taurens..? worgen ??)
    -I really don't expect the halves to become custom. Nor do I expect long ears for undead elves. But I kinda wish for human beards that are more vrykul-like.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DatToffer View Post
    Do you still have the source for these ? I kinda remember the mention for blood elves customs, but I totally missed out on those draenei tails !
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=295979/...in-shadowlands

here ya go
    Frostborn as a future playable race plz!

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    What I’m expecting? I’m expecting to be asked if I like chocolate a lot when I’m in Silvermoon on a RP server.

What I want? New Hairs and faces, explanations for why some Humans/Dwarves/Elves are Black/Asian and for the latter why we’ve never seen any of them before now (Not happening, world building doesn’t exist in WoW anymore). Some actual beards for blood elf males would potentially make me play one. Blue eyes for Blood Elves would be nice too. Tattoos and scars wouldn’t go amiss.

I imagine white humans won’t get much customisation sadly, but hey at least you can probably make bob ross with one of the dozens of afros they’re probably adding, so that’s a plus.

Don’t really care about the other races any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaganite View Post
    beardless dwarf males
    That's just... what I mean to say is... <incoherent sputtering>.
    Last edited by Julian Rayne; 2020-02-20 at 08:44 AM.
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    explanations for why some Humans/Dwarves/Elves are Black/Asian and for the latter why we’ve never seen any of them before now (Not happening, world building doesn’t exist in WoW anymore).
    The most common explanation is that they've "always been there", but didn't have the proper faces to represent them until Shadowlands. I agree it would be nice to know which human tribes they originated from, but I doubt we'll ever know.

Also I seriously doubt dwarves or elves are getting the same treatment as humans when it comes to ethnic groups.

7+ Year Old Account
    -New hairstyles for tauren female.
    -Better more cow-like noses and removal of the horse-like lips they gave tauren females.
    -More warpaint options(Grimtotem?)
    -Higher res shoulder textures for Zandalari. Why is it so low res??? (Not really an option but a peeve of mine)
    -Tails for Worgen and male Pandaren
    -Scars and tattoos for all races

Stood in the Fire ArkantosChampion's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Love to customization options for Nightborne
    I'm a normal text, I'm a bold text.

More of what we have. Things beyond that is welcoming extra, but not expected.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

just fix the gameplay.. until then all this shit is pointless

i also prefer old models and animations, so..

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    The most common explanation is that they've "always been there", but didn't have the proper faces to represent them until Shadowlands. I agree it would be nice to know which human tribes they originated from, but I doubt we'll ever know.

Also I seriously doubt dwarves or elves are getting the same treatment as humans when it comes to ethnic groups.
    Dwarves in the preview are black and apparently elves’ll be getting darker skin tones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Dwarves in the preview are black and apparently elves’ll be getting darker skin tones.
    Having darker skin tones isn't the same as having the appearance of a different ethnicity.

As I already said in the Void Elves megathread, I am expecting more customization options for them, since they are the most popular Alliance allied race by far:

The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Having darker skin tones isn't the same as having the appearance of a different ethnicity.
    it doesn't, but it also says "look at this race, it's only here to be the human of the horde side". lore has been bad enough about this already, might as well dock the ears along with it if they do this.

there's 0 reason to do this and homogenize elves and humans anymore than they already are.

What do I expect? Nothing much to be honest.

What do I want? Undead with knees and elbows are must. So are upright undead. Older faces for Belfs a la Lor'Themar

Quote Originally Posted by Shuya1 View Post
    Thank you ! It's pretty cool and gives us an idea of what to expect !

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    As I already said in the Void Elves megathread, I am expecting more customization options for them, since they are the most popular Alliance allied race by far:

That'd be really nice, but it has been said that only "original" races meaning non-allied races, still waiting for confirmation that Worgen won't get left behind again like in WoD