Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Shadowlands Encrypted Alpha - Will this get decrypted?

So with the news of Shadowlands Encrypted Alpha being uploaded to the launcher today, I'm obviously excited to learn more, but unsure what exactly this means.

Is it possible for MMOC or other dataminers to decrypt this Alpha? Or do we have to wait until Blizz unleashes it on the wider world?

If it is decryptable, is it possible to say how long it might take?

Of course it can be decrypted(otherwise it'd just be junk data), but i doubt it'll be done in a useful timeframe, i.e. before we get an unencrypted client.

unless someone has the key it's quicker to wait for blizz to release unencrypted files.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    no, it will never ever be decrypted. it will stay encrypted for ever and ever and ever. /s

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Of course it can be decrypted(otherwise it'd just be junk data), but i doubt it'll be done in a useful timeframe, i.e. before we get an unencrypted client.
    Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    unless someone has the key it's quicker to wait for blizz to release unencrypted files.
    This makes a lot of sense and was what I was getting at - thanks!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WorcesterSauce View Post
    what exactly this means.
    Means Ion will show up soon to speak about Shadowlands... and after that, selected youtuber / influncer will be allowed to enter this eary alpha stage.
    And so, the Alpha will be decrypt...

Mid March a new build will be up and more players will be allowed to join the Alpha.
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

Maybe it will, maybe it won't?
    i.imgur.com/erPSyRN.jpg

If you like to stay up to date on everything Shadowlands, just join the hypethread.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ral-Discussion
    We even got dataminers over there, so you won't miss out on anything.

Let's take a look shall we.. The number 33411 is repeated over and over again.. 33411.. 3+3+4+1+1=12. There are exactly 12 classes in WoW. If you combine the first letters of all classes in WoW you get WDPHSDRMDMWP.. If you rearrange the letters, remove some and replace all the rest with new letters you get LEPTEMBER, which is almost exactly like SEPTEMBER but with an S instead of the L. The number of letters you had to replace was 1.. So the date is 1.. The two letters combined form SL=Shadowlands..!

2020-09-01 confirmed release date.

Quote Originally Posted by Axzel View Post
    Let's take a look shall we.. The number 33411 is repeated over and over again.. 33411.. 3+3+4+1+1=12. There are exactly 12 classes in WoW. If you combine the first letters of all classes in WoW you get WDPHSDRMDMWP.. If you rearrange the letters, remove some and replace all the rest with new letters you get LEPTEMBER, which is almost exactly like SEPTEMBER but with an S instead of the L, which also spells out SL=Shadowlands. The number of letters you had to replace was 1.. So the date is 1.

2020-09-01 confirmed release date.
    It's big brain time I guess

Quote Originally Posted by Oblider View Post
    It's big brain time I guess
    More like small brain time. That's an awful lot of nonsense to try and ascribe to the build number.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tartys View Post
    Means Ion will show up soon to speak about Shadowlands... and after that, selected youtuber / influncer will be allowed to enter this eary alpha stage.
    And so, the Alpha will be decrypt...

Mid March a new build will be up and more players will be allowed to join the Alpha.
    What about F&F alpha ? (:

More like small brain time. That's an awful lot of nonsense to try and ascribe to the build number.
    woosh, 10 char

15+ Year Old Account
    I love this serious reply.

@OP We will found out in time, it's not like you can do anything with it atm.

No, dataminers can't access that data.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    No, dataminers can't access that data.
    They can access the data just fine. They just have no idea what it means.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    What about F&F alpha ? (:
    Will be renamed to F&F&Influncer... (:
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

They can access the data just fine. They just have no idea what it means.
    We can't, actually. To even access the data archives we need to be able to read the encrypted configs.

Like many other shave stated, not in a timely manner. Decryption anything that doesn't belong to you can take forever unless you get lucky on bits of information. But the chances of that to happen are 1/10^10000000000, or in other words damn near impossible.

Has Blizzard ever done this in a previous xp? Protect the game files so well to avoid data mining, do they want to hide important points in the story or any surprises?