hoping for next thursday Q&A with encryption removed and tuesday after that a playable alpha
    (Edited so it doesnt come off as a statement)
    Last edited by Dreen; 2020-02-20 at 11:40 AM.

There's a Q&A ? Cant see one advertised anywhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixl View Post
    There's a Q&A ? Cant see one advertised anywhere.
    There isn't one as far as I know. He's just speculating.

3+ Year Old Account
    Very cool to see this. I hope we get some good ol' datamining soon'ish. Always one of my favorite times of the year when the Expansion datamining begins and we begin to speculate left and right.

Start the Alpha summoning circle.
    We need to sacrifice someone or a murloc to get an alpha invite.
    Everyone hop on your warlocks.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    There isn't one as far as I know. He's just speculating.
    We dont have the date yet, but Ion was already annunced, during the Warcraft Radio Interview, that we will have new info... and was a week ago: "There is a lot more to talk about with Shadowlands in the NEAR FUTURE".

So, he will show up very soon. Maybe already tonight (morning for the USA) they will let you know when there will be a Ion's live stream about Shadowlands.
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    *begins summoning*
    *channels summoning incantations in Goblin*
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

My warlock is not ready for a summoning, but my hunter will happily join the summoning circle, even if he is a bit of a drunk.

*chants mystic sounding gibberish*
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Stiven from Wowhead is apparently attempting to bruteforce datamining Shadowlands
    https://www.twitch.tv/stiven_rs

Quote Originally Posted by alosiboy View Post
    Stiven from Wowhead is apparently attempting to bruteforce datamining Shadowlands
    Hahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by alosiboy View Post
    Can someone with a bit more technical know-how explain to me how this is supposed to work?

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Can someone with a bit more technical know-how explain to me how this is supposed to work?
    We know what the start of the decrypted file looks like because it's always the same. We can theoretically try all combinations of encryption keys until we find the right one that decrypts what we expect to see there.

In reality it'll take way way way too long with current computing power and it is highly unlikely anything is found before the heat death of the universe.

TLDR it's a joke

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    We know what the start of the decrypted file looks like because it's always the same. We can theoretically try all combinations of encryption keys until we find the right one that decrypts what we expect to see there.

In reality it'll take way way way too long with current computing power and it is highly unlikely anything is found before the heat death of the universe.

TLDR it's a joke
    Maybe he's got a quantum computer!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Timewalker View Post
    Very cool to see this. I hope we get some good ol' datamining soon'ish. Always one of my favorite times of the year when the Expansion datamining begins and we begin to speculate left and right.
    im old enough to remember when we speculated the birds on the bfa login screen were dragons.

Some speculation is left...unspeculated.

But the xpac builds are great, theres always so much for so long, it's not until the last month or two do things dry up.

Heat death of the universe?

Is that before or after the Shadowlands beta goes live?

Quote Originally Posted by Clickbait Mick View Post
    Heat death of the universe?

Is that before or after the Shadowlands beta goes live?
    Much much before

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    So you're saying he's trying to enigma-decode the build?
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    im old enough to remember when we speculated the birds on the bfa login screen were dragons.

Some speculation is left...unspeculated.

But the xpac builds are great, theres always so much for so long, it's not until the last month or two do things dry up.
    I very distinctly remember someone trying ot argue that the light meant the surprise villain at the end would be Yrel's army of the light.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    Much much before
    Don't make promises you cannot keep now.

7+ Year Old Account
    This is what I could find regarding Alpha/Beta time frames (it's not that good).

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Beta

Based on some dates provided there though it appears there's anywhere from 1-2 months for family/friends alpha before they make it a public beta and the betas last around 5-6 months-ish.

From that I feel we can definitely agree August release for SL is completely out of the running (felt that way for a long time) and we may see it fall somewhere between Sept-Nov.

I'm still thinking late September/early Oct (late = last half of month, early = beginning half of month).

I think they're going to want to take more time testing systems though so It might even end up being a late Oct release. I feel they'll for sure have it released before next Blizzcon if it's going well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Well, so long as we agree that it is high past time we actually get to datamining something. I need my fix of cool armor and weapons to look at.
    Yes, it's so dry right now and one of the best times with wow is opening up MMO-C every week to see what's been datamined from the different builds that have been coming out lol