Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    I cant disagree with your assessment.
    i mean, thats pretty much the only reason for this sites existence these days. what a fucking joke.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mackwiss View Post
    If only you knew what I know.
    So instead of being cryptic how about you share what you know? Unless of course it is nothing but bravado.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    i mean, thats pretty much the only reason for this sites existence these days. what a fucking joke.
    If only the mods clamped down on shit posting and circle jerk hate threads actual discussions might actually happen. But they just ignore it or even post here and let them roam.

No need to trash the guys looks, half the higher ups at blizzard looked like gamers (re:nerds) and I actually liked that. Also if you ever heard Morhaime speak, he wasn't much of a public speaker either. I don't agree with a lot of decisions around WoW and Blizzard in general, but 1. I don't need the ceo grovelling, actions speak louder and 2. A lot of those balls got rolling way before he was made CEO (maybe around when Activision bought Blizzard, eventually the boat always gets rocked)

tldr: I'm sad about Blizzard a little bit but I'm not joining the Brack flame fest

They have very low turnover in senior management over there. If you stick around long enough, eventually enough people more important than you will leave and you'll be left in charge.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varolyn View Post
    How did J. Allen Brack become president of Blizzard?
    Short answer: They offered him the position and he accepted it

Long answer: After Blizzard-Activision looked through potential candidates they decided to offer J. Allen Brack the position. J. Allen Brack thought the decision over. J. Allen Brack counter offered his terms. Blizzard-Activision countered those terms. Went back & forth until both parties agreed upon the terms. J. Allen Brack signed a contract to work for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    This is something you ask at the board meeting or the shareholder meeting...
    and how can we do that honestly, who else to ask but here?
    also i do agree that here we will get either ur opinion or he is Bobby a88 kisser answer, doubt anyone actually have real insight
    but who knows, maybe someone will surprise me here
    Quote Originally Posted by Kharill View Post
    Because he will gladly bow to his Chinese overlords that are Activision and do whatever the fuck they say. He's a yes man basically.
    i REALLY hope u didn't get banned for that comment
    because that is most accurate most likely

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Brenz View Post
    How did Trump become president of the US?
    mainly (and ironic) popularity thanks to his reality tv show, i find zero relation here ?
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    and how can we do that honestly, who else to ask but here?
    By becoming a share holder and following the proper channels to submit questions. No one here can answer what Morhaime, or others, saw in Brack when giving him the position.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

some office politics, in the corporate world who you know is more important than what you know, and we may have other skill sets that are more internal and B2B related than PR skills.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    By becoming a share holder and following the proper channels to submit questions. No one here can answer what Morhaime, or others, saw in Brack when giving him the position.
    https://www.benzinga.com/money/buy-b...-stock-for-you

Heres step 1

It's possible Brack was just "there" when the board was looking for a replacement for Morhaime. Outside hires for the job of CEO can be lucrative or damaging, but they certainly tend to be expensive. It could be Activision Blizzard felt safer choosing a company man, especially if they sought someone they could control.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

There is a bunch of false things with that narrative. There is nothing wrong with developing for mobile. You are trying to make a false narrative by implying that it is is bad. You are making a false narrative with the firings that took place in 2019 because redundant jobs or restructuring has nothing to do with record profits. You don't keep things around just because you can. Some of those jobs were no longer needed and others were restructured.

It isn't a greedy short term money making perspective. They are looking at the larger picture of creating a healthy company which means sometimes you have to fire people. Wow Revenue isn't reduced and actually increased as they doubled the active players since Q2.

So the developers at Blizzard are not responsible for designing a bad mechanics? Bad encounters? "bad" anything? It is all the fault of Activision Blizzard because they are the ones who own Blizzard Entertainment? Seriously. That kind of ignorant hate gets you no where in life.
    No, there's false things on yours. I didn't say there was anything wrong in developing for mobile. But making things like Diablo mobile instead of a proper sequel had their result put in front of you. You cannot forget your core fans or the backlash will be real.

Making short term money is literally short sighted and greedy cause revenue is now gonna drop with the negative receptions from lack of Q&A. Bad quality product, lesser revenue. Backlashes, drop in share prices.

Blizzard devs share the responsibility, but the resources they have are limited by the parent company, as is what they can work with. The latest WoW patch is proof of that as is warcraft 3 reforged. But no, they are not free of responsibility. Actually, they have a good deal of it. They still act arrogant and ignore fan feedback (in the case of WoW).

So, i'm really gonna have to cut you off here. You have been falsely accusing others of spreading false narratives, but i present evidence and you continue to in fact to spread yours. I really don't have time to waste on this.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2020-02-20 at 04:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Feel free to research the term false equivalencies maybe you could learn something today
    No there's not a hint of false equivalency. You spew hate, yet you chide a user for stirring hate up himself. You're doing the very thing you accuse someone else of. It's not false equivalency, it's simply you being a hypocrite, a term you could clearly stand to research.

We can go back and forth, but you clearly think it's ok to call people names, and therein lies the problem. I don't care if it's Trump or anyone else. You're still calling names.
    Leadsop - Beast Mastery Hunter
    <Godz of War> Sargeras - US

Leadsoprano - Gunnery Trooper
    Leadmello - Kinetic Combat Jedi Shadow
    <Severity Gaming> Prophecy of the Five - US

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    No, there's false things on yours. I didn't say there was anything wrong in developing for mobile. But making things like Diablo mobile instead of a proper sequel had their result put in front of you. You cannot forget your core fans or the backlash will be real.
    They were always doing both. They were not developing mobile instead of a proper diablo sequel. You implied it just as you are implying mobile was wrong now.

So, i'm really gonna have to cut you off here. You have been falsely accusing others of spreading false narratives, but i present evidence and you continue to in fact to spread yours. I really don't have time to waste on this.
    Your opinion is not any evidence.

Before working for Blizzard, Brack's big job was being a producer for Star Wars Galaxies, during a time period where many players felt that the game's quality started to go downhill. But aside from game decisions... The guy isn't exactly a great public speaker, and at times even appears to belittle the audience "You think you do, but you don't." Him looking like a music store worker doesn't help matters.

And with all that... Blizz has been in a sea of controversy over the past year, with Blitzchung and Warcraft 3 reforged being at the heart of it. Brack's apologies have been... underwhelming, to say the least. So what did Morhaime or anyone else see in this guy to be president of Blizzard?
    Almost, yes almost some are for different reasons, all the issues can be blamed on community only reading headlines or watching youtubers who spur the hate train like Bellular who talks a lot of wrong shit so lets break it down. His apologies i think were fine, honestly with the foaming at the mouth community that we have, there's absolutely nothing he could say to make people happy without basically committing suicide for the company.

800 Employees Fired & New executive hired: Most of those employees were from the people doing support for Destiny which blizzard didn't need, they then shifted funds to hiring more developers. They DID NOT report record profits like Bellular said and it was record revenue and no company is going to keep an entire dept that has no use in the company anymore. The new executive was not paid 10million like again Bellular and other gaming media said, and was making actually way less than the norm for that position just look up the bloomberg article for the correct information.

Blitzchung: That whole situation was actually caused by netease because they deal with blizzard tournaments and other things in that region of the world also Blitzchung broke the rules, he knew the ramifications and the streamers also knew what was going on not trying to stop it. Blizzard only backed up their partner but it all blew up in their face but Blizzard PR has been shit for years so whatever on this one

WC3R: You want to know why this shit happened with this game? because they fucked themselves. Many people don't understand that by creating pre-orders it makes a hard deadline on the games release. if they dont hit it, they're legally forced to refund everyone's money automatically and of course accounting dept would never want that. So they stayed with buggy product with big updates coming down the road. it honestly needed maybe another 6months to be feature complete

- - - Updated - - -

They were always doing both. They were not developing mobile instead of a proper diablo sequel. You implied it just as you are implying mobile was wrong now.

Your opinion is not any evidence.
    Facts dude but the community foaming at the mouth ready to pounce on blizz because they didn't announce d4 that year and didnt give a fuck if it was obvious that D4 was being worked on but wasnt ready yet. Its very simple if people actually used their brains for 2 secs but alas....i think people like to get outraged over dumb shit nowadays

We have to assume he performed much fellatio to get where he is because as far as I can tell he is just a shill like the rest of the leadership.

10+ Year Old Account
    as someone who did the horrible crime of dare being born in the (ex?) WORST country on earth i'm sure as f8ck i can't do that, my only other option is to post here
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    as someone who did the horrible crime of dare being born in the (ex?) WORST country on earth i'm sure as f8ck i can't do that, my only other option is to post here
    Anybody can purchase shares. There are also plenty of other options then posting on this site.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu fhtagn View Post
    All the speeches and apologies lately that he has signed have all had the shittiest non-human rhetoric imaginable without actually saying anything. Quite the opposite of Morhaime.
    His apologies remind me of those South Park episodes based off the BP Oil Spill mocking the CEO's apologies lol.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    His apologies remind me of those South Park episodes based off the BP Oil Spill mocking the CEO's apologies lol.
    We're sooooorry.....