Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Psykho View Post
    That'd be really nice, but it has been said that only "original" races meaning non-allied races, still waiting for confirmation that Worgen won't get left behind again like in WoD
    There's no reason why they can't go back on their word or extend that project to allied races. It's always fun to speculate, and more customization options can't possibly be a bad thing. In WoD they said goblin and worgen wouldn't get the character update, only to address that in BfA.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

10+ Year Old Account
    That'd be really nice, but it has been said that only "original" races meaning non-allied races, still waiting for confirmation that Worgen won't get left behind again like in WoD
    That's actually a huge letdown if true. If anything, they should've put more effort into the Allied Races to begin with considering you actually have to put in time and effort to unlock them.

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    That's actually a huge letdown if true. If anything, they should've put more effort into the Allied Races to begin with considering you actually have to put in time and effort to unlock them.
    I honestly considered that the allied races were prototypes for old races custom.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    the blood elf talk worries me. there no reason they should have any darker skin tones than they currently do. give us hair, blue eyes, chipped ears, new ear rings, makeup, some new faces maybe, but fucking please no darker skins or ethnic faces. humans are the ones with ethnicities, not elves. i should say, we already HAVE elven ethnicities basically, in the form of all the different types of elves we can be.

i definitely want longer tails for draenei, better horns, hairstyles to be redesigned for them so that they all conform to the fact that the draenei has horns, not just growing out from under the horn.

for every race, i'd like a bald and a buzz cut option for female. that pretty haircut that the girl from game of thrones had, the girl with the smirk. tattoos, scars, anything they can think of that's not lorebreaking.
    Agree 100% on the ethnicities part. I hope they don't go overboard with that on other races that don't need it.

the blood elf talk worries me. there no reason they should have any darker skin tones than they currently do. give us hair, blue eyes, chipped ears, new ear rings, makeup, some new faces maybe, but fucking please no darker skins or ethnic faces. humans are the ones with ethnicities, not elves. i should say, we already HAVE elven ethnicities basically, in the form of all the different types of elves we can be.
    The thing is. Ethnicities are not and addition for the lore or for the races. They are additions for the players. I mildly expect every white skinned race to get new skin tones, if not ethnic faces !

Quote Originally Posted by Julian Rayne View Post
    That's just... what I mean to say is... <incoherent sputtering>.
    It could happen! At this stage id be happy with just all helms hiding beards!
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyscale View Post
    But then again, in the story, we're pretty brutal murder machines and not really "strategical assets". Just send us in and we'll murder everything in our way!
    So I guess the solution here is simple - we'll murder everyone.

As long as they won't add human skin tones on blood elves I will take everything I get.

Quote Originally Posted by DatToffer View Post
    The thing is. Ethnicities are not and addition for the lore or for the races. They are additions for the players. I mildly expect every white skinned race to get new skin tones, if not ethnic faces !
    that's why it shouldn't happen.

you don't make changes like this in spite of the lore. the lore should be the guiding point of how you can and cannot change a race.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    As I already said in the Void Elves megathread, I am expecting more customization options for them, since they are the most popular Alliance allied race by far:

[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/YmvhBh1.png[IMG]
    i think void elves will be the exception to their rule. they'll likely give them lighter skin tones, since they will most likely give blood elves blue eyes. they know doing that will cause an absolute diaper-shitting rage that'll bankrupt huggies if they don't.

but that void form isn't permanent. what people don't seem to get about void elves, is that their current skin isn't their void form. their void form triggers ever so often in combat, they don't control when they enter it like alleria does. their purple skin comes from the fact that they were almost fully mutated into void beings, it isn't their void form. so while it's a cool idea, i don't think there's lore precedent to do this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    the biggest letdown is that nightborne will likely languish in complete and total mediocrity for the rest of their existence.

this would be the perfect time to go back and re-tool them to be taller and have narrower eyes, like the npc models.

that's why it shouldn't happen.

you don't make changes like this in spite of the lore. the lore should be the guiding point of how you can and cannot change a race.

- - - Updated - - -

i think void elves will be the exception to their rule. they'll likely give them lighter skin tones, since they will most likely give blood elves blue eyes. they know doing that will cause an absolute diaper-shitting rage that'll bankrupt huggies if they don't.

but that void form isn't permanent. what people don't seem to get about void elves, is that their current skin isn't their void form. their void form triggers ever so often in combat, they don't control when they enter it like alleria does. their purple skin comes from the fact that they were almost fully mutated into void beings, it isn't their void form. so while it's a cool idea, i don't think there's lore precedent to do this.

- - - Updated - - -

the biggest letdown is that nightborne will likely languish in complete and total mediocrity for the rest of their existence.

this would be the perfect time to go back and re-tool them to be taller and have narrower eyes, like the npc models.
    Haha im tempted to see the rage from alliance high elf dreamers if belfs get blue yes and void elves not white skin. Maybe its a good thing goldshire on argent dawn will be overflowing with erping void elves if they do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

I will be absolutely inconsolable if they update customization for pre-clysm races and skimp out on Goblins after REMOVING their ear damage with the model update

Quote Originally Posted by DatToffer View Post
    It makes as much sense to make a black-skinned gnome as it makes to create a purple or blue skinned one. Because gnomes already have non-human hair colours (green, pink) so who said their skin colours should follow human palette.

So I wonder which kind of races you think it would fit to follow the human example.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    I know it's not gonna happen in Shadowlands, but I'd just take some body types, yknow.
    Like 3 of them. The regular, thin and buff, or whatever makes the most sense per race. So a mage can be a thinner human, a warrior can be a buffer blood elf, you catch my drift.
    I would want this specifically to make my blood elf skinnier a la the Alpha version

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    It makes as much sense to make a black-skinned gnome as it makes to create a purple or blue skinned one. Because gnomes already have non-human hair colours (green, pink) so who said their skin colours should follow human palette.

So I wonder which kind of races you think it would fit to follow the human example.
    It doesnt break any race's lore to have darker skin, or at least it really shouldnt. Blood elves and gnomes are pinker than other races, but that just tells me that their dark skin should be more red than brown, like a Draenei's deep purple or a nightborne's navy blue. Darkskinned dwarves in Shadowlands should have had stoney gray skin, but it already looks like they picked the more human option, and since it's there, it's canon, so why whine

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    Darkskinned dwarves in Shadowlands should have had stoney gray skin,
    You can already have that by making Dark Iron Dwarf character, their skin colours go from pale grey to really dark close to black.

P.S. Just saying many races don't follow black to white palette, for example Nelfs are yellow, blue, pink or purple, Draenei are blue, purple, dark purple or white, Goblins are various shades of yellow and green (both paler and darker), Trolls can be any colour they want depending on tribe, I'm not against adding black skin to any race I'm just saying races could have any skin colour not specifically human shades of skin tone.

P.S.2. Tbh now that I think of it some races would look stupid in white too, for example Orcs (unless undead / dk), while brown / dark skinned Orcs are actually lore-friendly in form of Mag'har.
    Last edited by Marrilaife; 2020-02-21 at 02:06 AM.

Never understood the obsession with tattoos. Can’t even see them except for face most of the time.

What I’d want is a height and width scale.

I want a meth addict skinny warlock

Quote Originally Posted by Weeps View Post
    Never understood the obsession with tattoos. Can’t even see them except for face most of the time.
    As of now you can hide / make invisible majority of the armor so if someone wants to see the tattoos they definitely can.

On a side note, I'd love Trolls having piercings / jewellery customization options like Zandalari have.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    As of now you can hide / make invisible majority of the armor so if someone wants to see the tattoos they definitely can.

On a side note, I'd love Trolls having piercings / jewellery customization options like Zandalari have.
    And beards. Trolls need beards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully Worgen and Goblins don't get left out again
    For specific things I want, well white skin colors for worgen, half-elf options for humans, half-troll options for orcs, Big beards for Night elves (plus for the blindfold not to be restricted to one face), and Dragonmaw orc skins
    The only exclusions are allied races. Everything else is getting new options.

- - - Updated - - -

Amen. I've been asking for this since Blizz revealed the playable versions with their goofy (O_O) eyes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    In WoD they said goblin and worgen wouldn't get the character update, only to address that in BfA.
    Your example is terrible because it literally took them 5 and a half years to 'address' it.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Hope that goblins, for example get customization options separated. They mentioned eye color being separated from faces.

Hopefully, ear styles, chin styles and nose styles can be separate options too, rather than interconnected.

To be perfectly honest, Blizzard has developed a horrific track record. So I don't expect much as at all. Whatever they do come up with will be bland, very few options that will make any visible difference, or just non existent.

Pretty sure Hazzikostas already said there won't be sliders because the game engine doesn't support that properly. Although i don't understand that, at least in regard to height. We already have potions who can increase or decrease the size of the character.

Overall i wouldn't expect too much from this company. 40 more customization options for Blood Elves might sound like a lot at first glance, but if you divide that through all the different aspects, like skin colour, hair colour, hairstyles and so on, its not that much anymore.

I mean, this company is the master when it comes to talking big, promising a lot of stuff, while the real implementation is subpar or even outright garbage. Just remember garrisons and you know everything you need to know. And on top of that, they always act as if they had done an astonishing job.