Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[Theory] Azshara will lead the Burning Legion AND Black Empire

One of the major vacuums of power that remains to be taken is the Burning Legion and we know that Queen Azshara left Nyalotha to claim one.
    Why the Burning Legion and why Azshara?

Why?
    One of the few last remaining alive that are/were connected to Sargeras
    Azshara is one of the most powerful people in the known franchise
    After easily defeating her and the feedback of her being underwhelming character in a patch dedicated to her, a Naga focused expansion with the Burning Legion and the Black Empire on the sides would showcase her real true power in game

However knowing how much of a narcissist she is and power hungry why would she lead two separate broken and defeated armies who have conflicting ideals when she could fuse them with her own and not be just a Queen but an Empress of a new empire?

Serving as her ironically general of the Legion, Mannoroth and the general of the Black Empire, Xal'atath

I give you,

The Burning Empire!
    Last edited by TheramoreIsTheBomb; 2020-02-19 at 12:03 PM.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah, yes.
    That's what I call my bum after a particulary spicy dinner.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Azshara was never properly built in World of Warcraft, even though she appeared everywhere. Blizzard should have allowed her to die during this expac to develop new characters (if they're still able of). Keeping everyone/everything alive or reviving every single dead hero/villain every time make us lose the point. If nothing ever dies or disappear thanks to deus ex machina shenanigans, we won't care at all about any singular event anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Why would anyone want to be lead by such failure?

Everyone knows next expansion is RAAAAFAAAAAAAAAAAAM expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    Ah, yes.
    That's what I call my bum after a particulary spicy dinner.
    I reset my password just to say this made me spew water out in laughter, thank you sir.

Sargeras: -_- Y'all hear summ?

5+ Year Old Account
    Maybe Lady Fishbowl will resume her liaison with Sargie and both will become our BFFs in a "Light Vs Void" xpac. Other than that, I find it unlikely.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

I would love that. I don't care how badly she's been written, I love the potential and concept of her character, and it would be a cool way to resurrect both forces without the same trite and failed label.

The Dark Legion

Azshara subjugates all surviving Eredar and Faceless Ones, and other races in servitude to the dead N'zoth under a single banner. The Naga, feeling betrayed, look to join The Horde and Alliance to battle their treacherous queen who seeks to release the true master and savior of the cosmos; Sargegras. The Naga become the next neutral playable race with tribes able to join Alliance or Horde while Azshara builds a cosmic, inter-dimensional empire the likes the universe has never seen, combining forces of Fel and Void into the ultimate destructive armada.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Maybe Lady Fishbowl will resume her liaison with Sargie and both will become our BFFs in a "Light Vs Void" xpac. Other than that, I find it unlikely.
    She can be the bearer of his children; Titan Naga--Tigans.
    Last edited by Kyphael; 2020-02-20 at 04:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    I would love that. We will finally get cool characters in our factions.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem is the Burning Legion existed to combat the Void, even if they're fractured I'm not sure if those two forces would suddenly be buddy buddy.

Whatever it takes for playable Naga . Fingers crossed

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a cool concept but didn't we already kind of deal with the Burning Legion? I don't even know if the demons can regenerate anymore.

You guys know that the legion/fel and the dark empire/void are enemies right? Not only enemies but have complete opposite objectives? Aside from destroying us there isn't much in common really
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    "Would it not be swell if Jaina non-canonically created frostmourne?"

What does that even mean? I mean, it would also be cool if Obama created the Frostmourne, non-canonically.
    Quote Originally Posted by PaladinBash View Post
    Malfurion and Sylvanas about to have the most baller game of Plants vs Zombies though.

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    It's a cool concept but didn't we already kind of deal with the Burning Legion? I don't even know if the demons can regenerate anymore.
    Lorewise, they still do. They just do it slower with Argus. The main thing is that Archimonde (killed in Hellfire Citadel) and Kil'jaeden (killed in orbit around Sargeras) were killed in a high fel-infused place and in the Dark Beyond respectively, so they may be truly dead. Mannoroth died in the same place as Archimonde, so that leaves a few Dreadlords and Magtheridan as the surviving known demons. With Sargeras gone and the leadership in shambles, I assume it'll be some time before that power vacuum is filled.

I think Azshara wants to swap-souls/absorb/steal-the-power-of Azeroth the Titan.

Azshara isn't "one of the most powerful people in the known franchise". Especially not after us dealing with her in EP without much struggle. Her most powerful mage title doesn't seem to have mattered much anymore since losing access to the well of eternity.
    Not to mention, her ego is so big it'd put all the demons' ego combined to shame, and whenever I see a pro-Azshara comment here I just assume they're one of her alt accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Aresk View Post
    Lorewise, they still do. They just do it slower with Argus. The main thing is that Archimonde (killed in Hellfire Citadel) and Kil'jaeden (killed in orbit around Sargeras) were killed in a high fel-infused place and in the Dark Beyond respectively, so they may be truly dead. Mannoroth died in the same place as Archimonde, so that leaves a few Dreadlords and Magtheridan as the surviving known demons. With Sargeras gone and the leadership in shambles, I assume it'll be some time before that power vacuum is filled.
    Archimonde being dead is still up to debate.

in Mythic encountered, we defeat him in the Nether but the cinematic ends up on Draenor.

developers aren't sure whether or not he is dead.

Nope I have a feeling she will rule Azeroth since it is very clear there will be a time jump when we return to Azeroth from Shadowlands and it was confirmed time is different there just like in the twisting nether.

Guess you haven't been paying attention.

Azshara's plan is to claim Azeroth's soul. The real "throne of power" she spoke of is deep, deep underground, where the titan soul sleeps.

As someone who spent 10k years with an Old God, she surely knows the potential power of a titan soul, and she was demonstrated it firsthand, with the Heart being able to shatter N'zoths chains. If what she said is true (her plan was to backstab N'zoth the moment he's free) it could also mean that as long as there's an Old God "attached" the soul can't be reached, or maybe she just wanted it all for herself.

The expansion after Shadowlands will be the Depths of Azeroth, you'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Nope I have a feeling she will rule Azeroth since it is very clear there will be a time jump when we return to Azeroth from Shadowlands and it was confirmed time is different there just like in the twisting nether.
    let's not take blizzard too seriously on previous words.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."