Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    I didn't see much complaining about bonus objectives in WoD at all. You did each one once per character, and they rewarded a ton of XP leveling. Now the Apexis crystal fill-the-bar areas, those everybody hated.
    That was my impression as well. The bonus ones were literally just that, a bonus for causing a bit of carnage in an area. The alternative was to write another poor quest with a thinnly veiled goal of causing carnage in that area of the map, so at the end they were just a precursor to world quests in a sense. Apexis were hated because they were used instead of actual progression systems in story relevant parts of the game, as well as being pretty much the only ones, hence they were hated (i did too).
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelcryo View Post
    Because we needed a break from WQ. We've had them constantly for years now, having a patch that breaks away from them is nice imo. I agree, some of the dailies are a bit annoying, but for some reason, I prefer them to WQ. I wouldn't want to permanently go back to them, but having a break is nice.
    What?

N’Zoth dailies are WQ with a different name and that takes unnecessary longer time to complete.

I greatly dislike the dailies. I liked the hybrid style that Nazjatar utilized.

Also, there's nothing worth grinding for from any of the reps (except for the maybe rank 3 essence from uldum, but thats just at revered).

Maybe they could have added a currency to upgrade the black empire catch-up gear to relevant ilvls (similar to the benthic system, except without the socket rng)

Quote Originally Posted by Dawon View Post
    Agree, it's like they made them as a test to see "should we do standard dailies or WQs in Shadowlands, hmm? Let's test it and see what ppl prefer!"

I simply dont do them, only the bare minimum for getting Vessels to do the utterly boring and pissy repetitive Visions. I havent even reached revered on the two new factions and I really don't care as it's NOT fun!
    In the end, the culprits are ALWAYS reputations. If only we could get rid of them entirely the game would be so much better...

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Dailies can all be done at the same time, so its easier to just group up and fly all over the place. It just works better for assaults this way.
    Would love to hear your explanation as to why WQs can't be done at the same time?

Just for shits go to any of the WQ zones/assaults. Fly around to the WQs and partially complete them... Hopefully you notice that they can all be progressed at the same time and completed whenever you complete them...

Dailies are literally a shitty outdated version of WQs. The only difference is tedium in getting and turning in the quest.

No better feeling than flying over 3 rares/3 chests/known quest objectives but needing to grab the quest first. They have a system that would allow you to kill them on sight with no frustration and opted not to use it (well aside from using it for the actual assault...). Prime and obvious example of the time gated tedium they are adding to the game.

Arguing that WQs are worse than dailies is similar to arguing that mobile deposit is worse than in person deposit. The only difference is tedium and annoyance. Which if thats the defining feature is sad.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jzhbee View Post
    So, at the beginning of Legion, they realized the Bonus Objectives from WoD were well received, and so they developed the WQ system. Now, WQs are not without flaws, but having been playing since WotLK, it's a nice change. Suramar had small upkeep quests, but was mostly WQs, too. In the FAQ panel for Shadowlands, they announced updates to the WQ system they're calling World Quests 2.0, but have not been elaborated on since.

So, why, pray tell, did they go back to dailies for 8.3 content?

And why did they make the dailies so ridiculous to do?

Find 3 chests that respawn irregularly in a rather large area, that can despawn WHILE YOU ARE USING THEM
    Find 3 rares which is impossible to do in Warmode, as they are all either dead, or take long enough for the opposing faction to find and kill you.
    And on non-Warmode, have generally a ton of health and are unlikely to solo, but it takes forever for anybody to actually show up to help.

These kinds of quests have traditionally been WQs. You have the 6 chest Mechagon WQ. You have the multitudes of "Kill 'x' Rare". So why make unnecessary dailies for 8.3 N'zoth Assaults?
    You said it yourself... "unnecessary" there is no particular need to do them at all if you don't feel the need. Extremely easy to go in and do the one big invasion quest and still get plenty of rep and other rewards, which is exactly what I do on every toon but my main.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maquegyver View Post
    Would love to hear your explanation as to why WQs can't be done at the same time?

Just for shits go to any of the WQ zones/assaults. Fly around to the WQs and partially complete them... Hopefully you notice that they can all be progressed at the same time and completed whenever you complete them...

Dailies are literally a shitty outdated version of WQs. The only difference is tedium in getting and turning in the quest.

No better feeling than flying over 3 rares/3 chests/known quest objectives but needing to grab the quest first. They have a system that would allow you to kill them on sight with no frustration and opted not to use it (well aside from using it for the actual assault...). Prime and obvious example of the time gated tedium they are adding to the game.

Arguing that WQs are worse than dailies is similar to arguing that mobile deposit is worse than in person deposit. The only difference is tedium and annoyance. Which if thats the defining feature is sad.
    Hate to break it to you but if you loot a chest or kill a rare on your way to pick up your dailies it actually does count for the daily. Kinda surprised you didn't notice by now, most people did week 1

Chests and rares can only be looted once per day because they're tracked via hidden quests, that's how they can still count after the fact. Kill and collection quests wouldn't work that way.

Quote Originally Posted by tangers58 View Post
    You said it yourself... "unnecessary" there is no particular need to do them at all if you don't feel the need. Extremely easy to go in and do the one big invasion quest and still get plenty of rep and other rewards, which is exactly what I do on every toon but my main.

- - - Updated - - -

Hate to break it to you but if you loot a chest or kill a rare on your way to pick up your dailies it actually does count for the daily. Kinda surprised you didn't notice by now, most people did week 1
    Really? I’m quite sure that every rare I kill before picking up the quest is not being counted, but probably I don’t remember well.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyvax View Post
    Maybe they could have added a currency to upgrade the black empire catch-up gear to relevant ilvls (similar to the benthic system, except without the socket rng)
    About that, I know that those gear tokens won't upgrade due the corruption system taking over, but, did they do the same with Zuldazar/KT WQ gear as well? I get that Titanforging was stupid for Raid/M+ drops, but not allowing 415 ilvl gear from WQ to upgrade seems a bit extreme.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Because people thought dailies were better than WQs, when in fact - they are wrong.

Another case of Blizzard listening to the vocal minority it seems
    Nice to think that you are in the majority. There was a nice poll not long ago where it shown that you are by far NOT the majority.

Quote Originally Posted by Yamuri View Post
    I'm one of the few that actually prefers dailies. I don't like that they take up a quest spot in your logs but I do enjoy the feeling of turning in 3-8 quests all at once. Makes it feel more worth it. Also it wasn't just dailies in 8.3. 8.2 had a bunch of dailies also.
    TBF, Nazjatar dailies where tied to the bodyguard system which might as well could've been "do 4 wq with your bodyguard" and call it a day. Mechagon had a shitton of dailies because it had only one WQ, they didn't even bother to make an emisary because of this.

And the so called "events" are just wq that don't show up on the map, don't kid yourselves people. I find less tedious to actually complete an emissary from Zandalar than doing the dailies on Uldum/Vale.

I'm happy breath of the dying rank 3 was changed to revered from exalted. I don't have to do the dailies anymore which is nice and actually spend my time in game doing things I enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dioporco View Post
    They are the same thing, literally.
    No ... literally different things. Dailies are a subset of what WQs are.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    No ... literally different things. Dailies are a subset of what WQs are.
    No?

Don't use fancy words trying to give WQ some different aspect rather than " just dailies "

Both can change day by day? Yes.

Both are done once per day? Yes

Both are a chore? Yes

The difference is that daily need : go to the NPC take the Quest, do the Quest, turn in.

While WQ are just " Go there, somebody is already doing just leech, here we go "

Inviato dal mio SM-G950F utilizzando Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Steelcryo View Post
    Because we needed a break from WQ. We've had them constantly for years now, having a patch that breaks away from them is nice imo. I agree, some of the dailies are a bit annoying, but for some reason, I prefer them to WQ. I wouldn't want to permanently go back to them, but having a break is nice.
    no,there is nothing nice about the dailies in the 8.3 zones,they are simply trash and likely made hastely and for less effort,all players funeled in one zone doing the same dailies,trying to click on the same items...that only one person can use,why even do this now?other quests dont work this way

The zones have both dailies and WQs, the WQs just aren't marked on the map from far away with the default UI. It is literally the same as Najaztar and Mechagon which also had both dailies and WQs.

I just don’t do them.. didn’t like them so what ever the once a week thing is enough for me.

Dailies: uses only text (questtext).
    Worldquest: uses text, voice over and some animation for the "talking head".
    Worldquests need more work to be implemented.