Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    The movie was pretty non political though for some reason people frame mobsters and bounty hunters being bad guys as political.
    a movie where every male = bad is as political as you can get.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tmamass View Post
    a movie where every male = bad is as political as you can get.
    Except that’s not the case. There are 4 good male characters and only 5 good female character as I’ve pointed out in another post.

Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    Thing is. I skipped dark fate (had no interest) . So if they explained it I missed it. Ultimately it can boil down to "cause the script said so". It's not like the terminator timeline was a hard to follow mess after t2.
    Yeah, but changing the future should have been seen as pretty damn easy.
    Changing human stupidity however wasn't. (That's how that went in the movie)

The "formula" such as it is, is fairly basic. Some of the things said in the movie only added to the formula. (This was a good thing. And I'd bet that was Josh Friedman's influence)

I realize some fans loved "Sarah Connor Chronicles" but that's dead and gone. And we should never expect a movie from that. That took time to characterize, and I for one saw the terminators taking over...not the world, but the show. I wanted more of the Cameron terminator guardian to John. I wanted more of "John Henry" and yes, even the T-1000 that was protecting JH. They were fascinating to the point that I wanted more...and therein lies the irony; the machines had taken over.

Suicide squad was better; and i say that despite my dislike for Letto's joker.

The plot is rather boring and feels unimportant, while the characters just aren't interesting and the jokes were OK.
    That's why the whole thing just felt like a sketch-show presented as a movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    Captain Marvel on the other hand was woke, considered the worst of the MCU, generally hated, and literally everyone I know who went to see it, went specifically because "I need to watch this so I understand everything in end game". Tell you what, come back to me after Captain Marvel 2 comes out, and if it does even ballpark numbers, I will outright apologize to you.
    Not so sadly most of the rest of the world does not agree with you. The stuff that got you and your bud's panties in a twist was almost all Brie Larson's foot in mouth splats. If you let your view of the movie get colored by that sort of things that's on you, not on the people who made the movie. Now there definitely was one theme that ran thru the flick you might think of as "woke' but I don't have any problem with a female doing her version of "just pick yourself up, dust your self off, and start all over again". If you do, I feel sorry for ya.

As for CM2 it might indeed well do worse than CM1. No other origin story other than BP in the MCU debuted anywhere near that high. Considering how well CM2 did getting back to that level of B.O. is, imnsho, iffy. And before you mention the other Marvel first episodes of trilogies remember that increasing a $500-$600 million B.O. is a hell of a lot easier than increasing one that does a billion plus.

"gee i wonder why this movie is doing so poorly"

https://twitter.com/T_E_T_W_A_V_E/st...59481070473217

Real mystery.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strangebrew View Post

Real mystery.
    what the FUCK!?
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

5+ Year Old Account

Real mystery.
    Just link the pic, don't have access to twat'er...

Huh imagine snapping over something you didn't write and don't even write for the comic anymore. Course she hasn't written anything since 2017 so maybe living vicariously either way really not a good look.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Wow, what an immature twat.
    Still some of us don't know what is in the link, we don't have twitter (it now demands phone number to join, fuck that..)

Mind copy paste whatever is in the link?

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Still some of us don't know what is in the link, we don't have twitter (it now demands phone number to join, fuck that..)

Its the writter from brds of prey having a melt down about random stuff, about nerds on twitter, dudebros, weebs, etc.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by minteK917 View Post
    Its the writter from brds of prey having a melt down about random stuff, about nerds on twitter, dudebros, weebs, etc.
    I very much would like to read that

To be fair, weebs are something worth melting down over. They're just awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    To be fair, weebs are something worth melting down over. They're just awful.
    More likely shes just worried about getting future gigs. I imagine she thought this big superhero movie would be her big break.

Now she'll be lucky to get hired for reality tv.

So is just lashing out like a mad woman
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post

Can you not follow links to get to twitter? I’ve been able to on my phone and by pass any sign up.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like who ever that is they aren’t the writer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    More likely shes just worried about getting future gigs. I imagine she thought this big superhero movie would be her big break.

From just looking at the wiki for a sec I don’t think she had any real involvement in the movie though I could be wrong as I’m just looking. At a surface level.

Can you not follow links to get to twitter? I’ve been able to on my phone and by pass any sign up.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like who ever that is they aren’t the writer.

- - - Updated - - -

From just looking at the wiki for a sec I don’t think she had any real involvement in the movie though I could be wrong as I’m just looking. At a surface level.
    I did some digging and looks like shes not the lead writer as people in this thread made out. And only has a "special thanks" credit for birds of prey, so most likely she only had a very small writing contribution or idea to the film.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm2294487/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

Christina Hodson was the lead writer.

7+ Year Old Account

Real mystery.
    So doing even the slightest bit of snooping I found this

YOU asked about it. This whole thing seems to be that you're mad that the writer of a Birds of Prey comic FIFTEEN YEARS AGO, is making fun of people and never mentions Birds of Prey.

You're the ones that care about it. Nobody has even mentioned it except you guys.
    https://mobile.twitter.com/gescott01...80586030354432
    Hopefully mobile link works on desktops.

Kinda seems like your just super gullible and bought into something comply unrelated.

- - - Updated - - -

I did some digging and looks like shes not the lead writer as people in this thread made out. And only has a "special thanks" credit for birds of prey, so most likely she only had a very small writing contribution or idea to the film.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm2294487/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0
    Apperntly she wrote the story that was the basis of the movie 15 years ago. She then made some post comply unrelated to BOP and people just went with it because there to stupid to check any thing them selfs I guess.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2020-02-20 at 09:28 PM.

So doing even the slightest bit of snooping I found this

Kinda seems like your just super gullible and bought into something comply unrelated.

- - - Updated - - -

Apperntly she wrote the story that was the basis of the movie 15 years ago. She then made some post comply unrelated to BOP and people just went with it because there to stupid to check any thing them selfs I guess.
    Yet more evidence of why twitter is a shit hole and im glad I dont have an account there.

You underestimate how obnoxious weebs are.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yet more evidence of why twitter is a shit hole and im glad I dont have an account there.
    Pretty much Every time I go to Twitter it’s because of stuff like this so I’m rather happy I don’t use it either other then for fact checking threads like this.