Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    ItS wOrTh iT fOr ThE CloUd SaVeS aLoNe.

You last year.
    Back up your claims or exit stage left.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Back up your claims or exit stage left.
    Yes I'm gonna dig through this thread on my phone to prove something I can remember clearly. I'm sure it's difficult for you because it's just another argument of the many you have. But if it helps your boy jt was backing you up and you were spouting on about all the perks you get with the PlayStation sub and how online subs are great and Nintendo will do the same. And I was telling you paying for online fees was just more corporate greed

No, people defend the fact that console manufacturers DO have to make money.

The PS3 was not some resounding success, in spite of selling over 80 million units and ass loads of games. With pay walled online, it would have brought Sony out of the red. The PS4 did that, and now we are reaping the benefits with Sony funding the shit out of their gaming division.

Pay walled online is a proven successful method of healthy profits, it allows you to sell your consoles for cheaper(for example Sony priced the PS4 so they broke even when you bought 1 game and a PS+ sub instead of pricing it so they broke even on it with 1 game and therefor costed more), it allows you to invest more in your gaming division(how the hell do you think MS affords to do hand by hand BC on XB1 for games people already own and they likely won't make a profit off of?).

Think outside your small box and maybe you will see the benefits outweigh the negatives. Sony and MS both add tons of value to their subs with "free" games and discounts, Nintendo will likely follow suit.
    Was bored, found it for you lot.
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    Was bored, found it for you lot.
    PS+ offers more value for the money than NSO does, with a generally more well developed online system. Messages between users on the system itself, voice chat with no phone app needed, no dumb friend codes etc. Actually somewhat recent games in the selection of titles updated monthly.

Defending PSN is not equal to an argument for Nintendo having a good online.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Yes I'm gonna dig through this thread on my phone to prove something I can remember clearly. I'm sure it's difficult for you because it's just another argument of the many you have. But if it helps your boy jt was backing you up and you were spouting on about all the perks you get with the PlayStation sub and how online subs are great and Nintendo will do the same. And I was telling you paying for online fees was just more corporate greed
    I told you it's the reality you live in now as you can see above... and it is. Are you mad about it? Claiming some bs like I said "it was worth it for cloud saves" when I hammered Nintendo for only allowing saves to be backed up via pay wall(PS4 has external storage backup for free, XB1 and Steam have cloud saves for free) is blatantly false and you shouldn't put words in someone's mouth.

I have never even paid a dime for Nintendo online, but am subbed to it thanks to the free year prime gives you. But I totally said it was so worth it bro! You seem to be confusing the argument because if you think for a second subscription based services weren't going to come to all consoles after MS proved it to be successful on the 360 you thought wrong.

Sony has made far more money during the PS4 gen then they made during the PS2 gen. That money has allowed them to invest heavily in gaming, delay games if need be until they are truly finished, buy studios like Insomniac etc, if you don't understand why they all want an online subscription I'm not sure what to tell you.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2020-02-20 at 09:58 PM.

$20 a year to not lose saves forever is already worth it to most people.

But to each their own.

Yea there are services that offer cloud saves for free, but I don't really give a shit. The option of not losing 100+ hour saves because a system dies or needs repaired is worth more then $20 in peace of mind alone. There are swords to die on, but that's not the one I will pick when it comes to Nintendo greed.
    I told you it's the reality you live in now as you can see above... and it is. Are you mad about it? Claiming some bs like I said "it was worth it for cloud saves" when I hammered Nintendo for only allowing saves to be backed up via pay wall(PS4 has external storage backup for free, XB1 and Steam have cloud saves for free) is blatantly false and you shouldn't put words in someone's mouth.

I have never even paid a dime for Nintendo online, but am subbed to it thanks to the free year prime gives you. But I totally said it was so worth it bro! You seem to be confusing the argument because if you think for a second subscription based services weren't going to come to all consoles after MS proved it to be successful on the 360 you thought wrong.

Sony has made far more money during the PS4 gen then they made during the PS2 gen. That money has allowed them to invest heavily in gaming, delay games if need be until they are truly finished, buy studios like Insomniac etc, if you don't understand why they all want an online subscription I'm not sure what to tell you.
    I could do this all day. You do this all the time where you talk down to others then pull the "prove it!" heres proof, now dance around that monkey.

I could do this all day. You do this all the time where you talk down to others then pull the "prove it!" heres proof, now dance around that monkey.
    I still don't see the proof unless you want to take comments out of context. Context, you know that tricky thing you seem to be missing?

Here I will give you a hint, me explaining why it is happening and why it will be successful is not me saying it is the best thing ever. Is it really that hard for you to comprehend the posts? You can find them, but apparently can't read them.

I still don't see the proof unless you want to take comments out of context. Context, you know that tricky thing you seem to be missing?
    There it is. More graceful dancing than an Olympic ice skater. We just dont understand the context oh mighty one.

There it is. More graceful dancing than an Olympic ice skater. We just dont understand the context oh mighty one.
    Well clearly not if you think what you quoting backed up the claim that I ever said NSO was great. This much is obvious, yawn. It's not that context is hard to understand, it's actually quite simple. You just tried so hard and fast to get your gotcha moment in you didn't even bother to vet if it was real or not.

Super excited to get my copy of Rune Factory 4 tomorrow. Yeah, I know Animal Crossing is coming out in a few weeks but honestly, Rune Factory is slightly more enjoyable and doesn't punish me if I decide not to play it for a week (will still probably get it at some point).

Good grief, are people still trying to argue with Tech? When will you guys realize he is always right even when he is wrong and will even twist his own words to prove it to you. There's no discussing anything with that guy on the forums.

7+ Year Old Account
    I already had this game on Steam, but I bought it again on the Switch. The only difference is VERY slightly longer loading times vs my high end gaming PC which is to be expected.

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detai...unch-2-switch/

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspark View Post
    I already had this game on Steam, but I bought it again on the Switch. The only difference is VERY slightly longer loading times vs my high end gaming PC which is to be expected.

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detai...unch-2-switch/
    I have OFDP1 on Steam and damn that game is addictive as hell.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VGAddict View Post
    Just saw the news about the cloud save situation with Animal Crossing.
    I have to ask: Why is Nintendo so bad at online? No other company has the problems with online they do.
    I think they just haven't bothered to get with the times. Which is funny, because they are still ahead of the game when it comes to giving a shit about game development, but they are lagging behind badly in their online features. I think it's asinine that online games like Splatoon 2 don't have VOIP and you are locked out from using voice chat on the Switch despite it supporting Bluetooth headsets. Like, how dumb do they have to be to think that people don't want that sort of feature? I mean, games have had it for 15 years now, so there's no excuse. Imagine how much communities can thrive when they have such features? Splatoon is a good example of a game that could have a great competitive community if it had voice chat to support team play.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    I think they just haven't bothered to get with the times. Which is funny, because they are still ahead of the game when it comes to giving a shit about game development, but they are lagging behind badly in their online features. I think it's asinine that online games like Splatoon 2 don't have VOIP and you are locked out from using voice chat on the Switch despite it supporting Bluetooth headsets. Like, how dumb do they have to be to think that people don't want that sort of feature? I mean, games have had it for 15 years now, so there's no excuse. Imagine how much communities can thrive when they have such features? Splatoon is a good example of a game that could have a great competitive community if it had voice chat to support team play.
    TBH it's because like most Japanese companies it's still old conservative people calling the shots. Not the young minds that have taken over a lot of the dev positions. It's not that Nintendo is the only game company behind on online features, it's that they're the only console maker. Most Japanese companies still suck ass at online features, hell Sony did until the PS4 when they passed over most of the PS division for the west to handle instead. Every fighting game coming out of Japan still has trash netcode that only works properly if everyone lives on an island together, hell beyond that look at how From Software is heralded as a great developer and look at the teleportation that happens during their multiplayer in Souls games or the hoops you have to jump through just to play with your friends in those games.

Japan is a decade behind in online multiplayer in general, you just see Nintendo taking the brunt of it because they're the only ones who also make consoles. Unlike Sony Nintendo ain't going to pass over this shit to their western branches so it ain't going to change until those young devs making games like Splatoon get promotions and start calling more shots.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    I have OFDP1 on Steam and damn that game is addictive as hell.
    I tried out the second one, not as good imo.

Turned on my Switch for the first time in a good while and it started downloading Rune Factory 4 Special, i forgot that i even bought that let alone it came out this week. If you want Stardew but with the combat not a dogshit tacked on afterthought i recommend it.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Turned on my Switch for the first time in a good while and it started downloading Rune Factory 4 Special, i forgot that i even bought that let alone it came out this week. If you want Stardew but with the combat not a dogshit tacked on afterthought i recommend it.
    absolutely second that.
    Have to force myself to stop and go to sleep.

So when is the switch going to get a much-needed boost of interesting games? As far as I can tell, we only have AC on the horizon and nothing else for 2020. Nintendo has been extremely quiet as of late, and it's not just the coronavirus.

The only interesting games coming to the switch now are BoTW 2 and Metroid Prime 4, both of which are years out. The Switch has only ports and remakes right now, all of which are much higher priced than other places like Steam.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    So when is the switch going to get a much-needed boost of interesting games? As far as I can tell, we only have AC on the horizon and nothing else for 2020. Nintendo has been extremely quiet as of late, and it's not just the coronavirus.

The only interesting games coming to the switch now are BoTW 2 and Metroid Prime 4, both of which are years out. The Switch has only ports and remakes right now, all of which are much higher priced than other places like Steam.
    Bravely Default II
    And xenoblade remake is probaly be played like 2. I just hope they fix the quests.