Page 1 of 14
... LastLast

Please no more AP grind, no Netherlight / no Azerite, No Essences / No Corruption

Please Blizzard, for the love of all that's holy, STOP with the BS systems introduced in BfA and Legion.

-Get rid of Azerite and AP grinds
    -No more Netherlight Crucible type crap
    -No Azerite traits shit gear, that can't be swapped to different specs like old Tier gear
    -No Essences
    -No Corruption
    -No Table mission crap

STOP it already. All of these things sucked so bad, and are just such a stupid pointless grind. Go back to gearing up through Dungeons first, then Raids second. You want to gear up, you run a Normal dungeon, then get better gear in a Heroic dungeon, then better gear again in a Mythic dungeon. You want even better gear, run a Heroic Raid, and you want the BiS gear you run Mythic Raids. That's it. No fucking AP grind, no Artifact weapon. No Corruption bullshit.

Have tokens or badges that drop off bosses in Raids, that you then purchase gear from Raid NPC vendors in the main city.

Design the class and specs so good from the start of the new expansion, that none of these stupid grindy systems are even needed whatsoever, go back to something similar to the MoP and WoD class type builds and systems

This video sums up a lot of my thinking on the current state of game ( it's not WoW MMO anymore but a ARPG like Diablo instead )
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A86A9s_IEQg
    Last edited by Zorachus; 2020-02-21 at 06:58 PM.

These craptastic systems are in the game for a reason, it farms MAU for them. No chance in hell there won't be some similar shit in the game in Shadowlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    Please Blizzard, for the love of all that's holy, STOP with the BS systems introduced in BfA and Legion.

-Get rid of Azerite and AP grinds
    -No more Netherlight Crucible type crap
    -No Azerite traits shit gear, that can't be swapped to different specs like old Tier gear
    -No Essences
    -No Corruption

STOP it already. All of these things sucked so bad, and are just such a stupid pointless grind. Go back to gearing up through Dungeons first, then Raids second. You want to gear up, you run a Normal dungeon, then get better gear in a Heroic dungeon, then better gear again in a Mythic dungeon. You want even better gear, run a Heroic Raid, and you want the BiS gear you run Mythic Raids. That's it. No fucking AP grind, no Artifact weapon. No Corruption bullshit.

Have tokens or badges that drop off bosses in Raids, that you then purchase gear from Raid NPC vendors in the main city.

Design the class and specs so good from the start of the new expansion, that none of these stupid grindy systems are even needed whatsoever.
    The reason Legion and BFA (and technically WoD) introduced these kinds of systems is because there was an outcry from players for some sort of post max level leveling system. IIRC, they first began working on the concept in early Cata development with the scrapped Path of the Titans. Eventually we found ourselves with the infancy of post max level leveling with the followers in WoD, and you know the rest.

Unfortunately, if you don't like this idea, it won't be going anywhere. Blizz has grown fond of the idea of setting up these additional leveling systems, as it technically allows them more knobs for fine tuning.

Quote Originally Posted by Puzzony View Post
    These craptastic systems are in the game for a reason, it farms MAU for them. No chance in hell there won't be some similar shit in the game in Shadowlands.
    Except they already confirmed there isn't an artifact that you grind AP for, and that there's a weekly valor cap. There will PROBABLY be something akin to these old features but the entirety of the LITTLE they actually showed at Blizzcon was "it's not BFA"

Did OP actually watch Blizzcon? I doubt it. Or maybe he did and still wanted to just bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Except they already confirmed there isn't an artifact that you grind AP for, and that there's a weekly valor cap. There will PROBABLY be something akin to these old features but the entirety of the LITTLE they actually showed at Blizzcon was "it's not BFA"

Did OP actually watch Blizzcon? I doubt it. Or maybe he did and still wanted to just bitch.
    They won't like it regardless. It seems evident they dislike the idea of non-gear based power increases, which SL will have plenty of.

What, you expect us to research the things we're complaining about? Preposterous!

... basically the only thing they had to show was the faction specific talents.
    So yeah boring retarded grinding will be back.

Quote Originally Posted by themaster24 View Post
    They won't like it regardless. It seems evident they dislike the idea of non-gear based power increases, which SL will have plenty of.
    Such as? The only one that has been mentioned is the Soul-Link, which is a static talent tree based on which follower you pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarba View Post
    As far as we know, there is a hard cap for your power upgrades (i.e. Valor Cap), and you can get enough Anima for that cap by just playing the game for 1-2 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarba View Post
    No, they showed the Soul-Link talent tree. They explicitly said there is no more AP grind.

Anima that you will grind to cap each week? Yes. Infinite grind? No.

inb4 w-well they lie!!!!

Such as? The only one that has been mentioned is the Soul-Link, which is a static talent tree based on which follower you pick.
    For one, the fact that this system exists would likely bother them. It's something that's not gear that they have to spend any amount of time on, which based on their post, they are very against. Also, Soulbinds aren't all static. There are certain slots that you put a specific type of item in, called Conduits, which will have some untold benefit (the empty nodes in the blizzcon picture).

So you want a boring game with no depth than we've already seen for the first 5 expansion

no thanks

The reason Legion and BFA (and technically WoD) introduced these kinds of systems is because there was an outcry from players for some sort of post max level leveling system. IIRC, they first began working on the concept in early Cata development with the scrapped Path of the Titans. Eventually we found ourselves with the infancy of post max level leveling with the followers in WoD, and you know the rest.

Unfortunately, if you don't like this idea, it won't be going anywhere. Blizz has grown fond of the idea of setting up these additional leveling systems, as it technically allows them more knobs for fine tuning.
    No?

Ion said himself that those system are here to replace permanent power gains like talents because it would lead to bloat and homogenization eventually.
    This rental stuff is supposed to go away and be replaced by a new rental system every expansion but they realized that people HATED losing the artifacts and all the traits that came with it + legendaries.

They did confirm no AP system and that the legendariy acquisition from Torghast would be capped in some fashion so it looks like they're taking steps in the right direction that said it's too early and we'll need to see what happens in alpha/beta.

The only new good things that's been introduced to wow in the last five or six years has been Class Halls, and M+ dungeons. Those two are fantastic additions to the game, and Transmog because I rather look cool than fucking bozo the clown with orange and blue gear and big slippers on.

But all the other stuff I listed in the first post here are completely toxic horrific terrible game features that need to be stripped away permanently and nothing new like them whatsoever ever introduced again to WoW.

You want to gear up you run dungeons you want even better gear you Raid. End of story that's it No other ways to get epic gear.

And if Blizzard does their job properly you shouldn't need these stupid fucking bullshit add-on systems that help your character. They need to design the class and spec correctly from the start and none of this garbage is needed.
    Last edited by Zorachus; 2020-02-20 at 11:51 PM.

No, they showed the Soul-Link talent tree. They explicitly said there is no more AP grind.

Anima that you will grind to cap each week? Yes. Infinite grind? No.

inb4 w-well they lie!!!!
    You mean there will be no Anima Power grind?
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't..

7+ Year Old Account
    Removing all that would make the game far better, but i don't see them doing that. Even if they do remove them i bet they will just bring it back with another name.

Completely agree with OP.

Weekly cap of "story progression power" (AP) you can do at your own pace? Completely fine!
    "Story progression power" (AP) that has no cap? HELL FU*KING NO!
    Last edited by Huntingbear_grimbatol; 2020-02-20 at 11:46 PM.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

For one, the fact that this system exists would likely bother them. It's something that's not gear that they have to spend any amount of time on, which based on their post, they are very against. Also, Soulbinds aren't all static. There are certain slots that you put a specific type of item in, called Conduits, which will have some untold benefit (the empty nodes in the blizzcon picture).
    I take the Valor, Tower what ever it called weekly cap over the shit i had to grind the past 3 years at any time, even now at the end of bfa i cant play some random alt cuz ap,corruption rng and the worst.. Essences, locked behind 3 weeks of rep/pvp/daily grind.
    So im stuck with my 3 Raid chars i had from the start of 8.0.
    I.O BFA Season 3

Quote Originally Posted by Sosuke Aizen View Post
    You mean there will be no Anima Power grind?
    Anima has been in the game and connected to death before Artifact Power existed. Nomenclature will not go against hard confirmations from Blizzcon.

So you want there to be nothing to do in the game anymore after you hit max level then?
    No thanks!
    You can improve on class design and still have progression systems for max level.

I like playing the game, so let's hope they don't remove all of that.
    That's about half the game right now.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV