Page 27 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    so following a BE build. Confused about what weapons to do since it doesnt specify. 2 1hs, 1h and shiled, or a 2h?

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    so following a BE build. Confused about what weapons to do since it doesnt specify. 2 1hs, 1h and shiled, or a 2h?
    I've been running a 2h BE build with plenty of life leech. Probably not optimized, but doing well enough for me. I think there is a broken siegebreaker node for shield they are fixing so maybe take advantage of that while you can until they fix it tomorrow or friday.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, having sunk roughly 20 hours in the game since release, here's my first thoughts.

The good:
    • Deep build system that rewards you for experimenting.
    • Visceral combat.
    • Beautiful visuals, with varying themes.
    • Enneract system allows you to easily mix and match skills, to fit with the huge talent tree.

The average:
    • Loot system is clunky and suffer from a very similar problem from D3 at launch: Gearing RNG.
    • The story has an interesting line, but it's not dragging me in. The visuals do a better job.
    • Unresponsive UI, with various glitches here and there.
    • Although the combat is visceral, the controls take some time to get used to.

The bad:
    • Server issues, although it is much better now.
    • The character's line. The voice acting is great, but god does the script feels cheap.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

5+ Year Old Account
    Quin's got the most OP build of BE I've seen and he was using a crazy legendary dagger with shield.

multiplayer with randoms, is it possible for me to open my game in a similar way as d3 and have some random join me to run the rift portals?
    "We will not compromise our standards to release a title before it is ready."
    WoW T.W.O ( The Wars Over )

Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    Quin's got the most OP build of BE I've seen and he was using a crazy legendary dagger with shield.
    OP because of broken node, I would not want to play with it because after fix would be hard for me to play it.

At level 40 I got 2H unique called Edgy, it just duplicated my damage at this level. One shooting everything in expeditions

15+ Year Old Account
    How much is your sheet damage guys? I'm lvl 70 and at 27k right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

TL;DW: not good, but not terrible either. Seems to touch all the right strings.

All in all, i can see the inexperience of the studio as this is their first "big" project. Hopefully they react (and it seems so) and fix the issue before losing momentum. I'm having fun but they need to iron out the imbalances and broken things.

For the rest, i'm gonna reset stats and passives and start optimizing my build. Going for total toxic/rend conversion and ailments. Though not knowing what affects what and being unable to get a single passive refund is kinda hard. I mean, my build could be bad because something not working as intended, or broken for the same reason. Which affixes affect which damage and so on.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

My SSD is almost full so I installed Wolcen on HDD but loading times are annoying and theres long black screens when game loading. Does installing the game on SSD will reduce this significantly? I remember when I switched to SSD on PoE I got amazing loading boost but not sure how Wolcen is optimized and if its worth to reinstall the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    My SSD is almost full so I installed Wolcen on HDD but loading times are annoying and theres long black screens when game loading. Does installing the game on SSD will reduce this significantly? I remember when I switched to SSD on PoE I got amazing loading boost but not sure how Wolcen is optimized and if its worth to reinstall the game.
    Surely for loading screen it helps. I don't have used an HDD for games for like forever. I don't even have one in my current system. Cannot say what the direct comparison and real effect is.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    i'm gonna reset stats and passives and start optimizing my build. Going for total toxic/rend conversion and ailments. Though not knowing what affects what and being unable to get a single passive refund is kinda hard. I mean, my build could be bad because something not working as intended, or broken for the same reason. Which affixes affect which damage and so on.
    That's funny, that's the next build idea I'm jonesing to try too. Except I think I heard some people say the big node passive where your crits can apply crit ailments isn't working.

Not being sure if certain builds work is kinda a pain cuz I don't find the bleeding edge meta interesting. Ironically this is making me take a break from the game until a few more hotfixes go out.

I think the studio did a fairly decent job for their first big game, but their lack of experience shows. Still, seems like they're doing what they can for such a small studio to iron it all out. I hope they succeed because this game is definitely more full of depth than d3 and I think being less complex than poe is an interesting niche to be in.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    you literally can't rebind it to LMB what are you talking about
    You literally can and someone has already mentioned it once in this thread. Focus on criticism that matters instead of putting your flag in something that in the long run won't radically change the direction of the game.
    BAD WOLF

Want to be immortal and do the most damage? Shield. After the fix, you will prob do less damage than 2h but lose immortality.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Want to be immortal and do the most damage? Shield. After the fix, you will prob do less damage than 2h but lose immortality.
    Nah just get some life leech and immortility remains with 2h.

Yeah as far as living goes it seems like its the same as vanilla D3 where you just need enough effective health to not get 1shot and then life steal and you're solid.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

it's very very very bad. lol

I'm still amazed about the fact that this game managed to pull off ingame cutscenes in a way Blizzard isn't and won't ever be able to.
    Not to mention that the atmosphere, especially in Act2 is so much better than in any other Diablo or aRPG in general.

When I compare the main hub in this game to...let's say Bastion Keep in Act3 (Diablo), I can't believe what Blizzard was and is still doing.
    I had so much fun just walking around and listening to the NPCs talking about what is currently happening around them.
    The really good voice acting helps a lot too.

When Damaskus started arguing with the nobles about allowing the population inside, or later when he actually did it and got flak for it from the noble houses inside his palace and told them to GTFO - that's pure gold... and how it should be done.

It's a bit of a shame really that this game has so many issues, even if they are minor by themselves, they add up.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2020-02-21 at 05:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm actually amazed by its cutscenes and narrative for the genre.

I played a lot arpgs, the story might as well not be there in most of them. Still can't tell you WTF PoE is about despite beating the campaign multiple times.

I hope the growing pains don't kill this studio.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    It's a bit of a shame really that this game has so many issues, even if they are minor by themselves, they add up.
    It definitely shows the inexperience. But we all learn from failures. While there are excruciating issues, they can all be fixed as the base is really solid. I went through the Steam reviews and theres people with 0.3 hours played that say "game is unplayable" or even "is this a mouse click simulator". And still reviews are "mixed" - even after the bombing.

They need to put extra effort on it right now and react fast. So far i am having fun, online play seems fixed, they need to do a huge pass on the tree to make it work and kill the broken nodes.

15+ Year Old Account
    Posting for Namesake
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.