Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Recom View Post
    No?

Ion said himself that those system are here to replace permanent power gains like talents because it would lead to bloat and homogenization eventually.
    This rental stuff is supposed to go away and be replaced by a new rental system every expansion but they realized that people HATED losing the artifacts and all the traits that came with it + legendaries.

They did confirm no AP system and that the legendariy acquisition from Torghast would be capped in some fashion so it looks like they're taking steps in the right direction that said it's too early and we'll need to see what happens in alpha/beta.
    I'm talking about why their minds got to this kind of stuff, not why they implemented the way they have. Prior to them talking about the Path of the Titans, a vocal amount of players wanted Blizz to introduce some sort of end game leveling system. IIRC, they put out that they were talking about some stuff internally, eventually announcing and discussing the Path of the Titans at Blizzcon. A end game leveling system where you would slowly unlock additional powers of your choice, that would expand with patches. Sounds awfully familiar.

They scrapped Path's for a variety of reasons, one being that glyphs already provided similar feeling power increases, and they felt it would need to too strong for it to be worth players time, something they didn't want to do. For Legion, they decided that a system like that is perfect for central power control, eventually realizing that it could work on an xpac-to-xpac basis. After showing it off at blizzcon and during early, most people compared it to the path of the titans. IIRC there were even a some blizz references.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Feral Druid ist Op View Post
    I take the Valor, Tower what ever it called weekly cap over the shit i had to grind the past 3 years at any time, even now at the end of bfa i cant play some random alt cuz ap,corruption rng and the worst.. Essences, locked behind 3 weeks of rep/pvp/daily grind.
    So im stuck with my 3 Raid chars i had from the start of 8.0.
    Oh I agree 100%. Things weren't even this bad in 8.2, but now it's just too much. I used to have 3-5 alts that I would mess around with, but now, with all the extra steps needed, I really only bother with 1.
    Last edited by themaster24; 2020-02-21 at 12:11 AM.

This is everything I want from an expansion. If they did that, Shadowlands would already be one of my favourite expansions. No bullshit infinite grind, no bullshit RNG stacked on top of RNG. Weekly cap is fine, like in Cata or MoP from Scenarios. Legion? Bfa? Fuck off.

If there's no AP grind / something similar, what are we supposed to do for the whole day? What will be the point of any max level open world activity? (Before you say cosmetics: 99% of people won't care about that).

It's fine to have something to grind for in casual content to slowly increase the power of your character. I really wish raidloggers stopped trying to design the game for people who actually want to play it.

Once you remove AP and potential similar grinds, you are only left with legacy content for mounts, pets and toys. That and dungeons+raids. No thanks

Quote Originally Posted by awadh View Post
    This is everything I want from an expansion. If they did that, Shadowlands would already be one of my favourite expansions. No bullshit infinite grind, no bullshit RNG stacked on top of RNG. Weekly cap is fine, like in Cata or MoP from Scenarios. Legion? Bfa? Fuck off.
    I feel like the weekly cap for power in SL is going to be very welcome. Bfa took things a bit too far for a lot of people. At least in Legion, if you came back after being gone for a bit, one AP item would fling you across the stratosphere.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    If there's no AP grind / something similar, what are we supposed to do for the whole day? What will be the point of any max level open world activity? (Before you say cosmetics: 99% of people won't care about that).

It's fine to have something to grind for in casual content to slowly increase the power of your character. I really wish raidloggers stopped trying to design the game for people who actually want to play it.

Once you remove AP and potential similar grinds, you are only left with legacy content for mounts, pets and toys. That and dungeons+raids. No thanks
    Likely you will be gathering what's needed to do Torghast runs, somewhat similar to what we do now for Vessels to do Horrific visions. This would increase the rate of legendary crafting.

so basically level to max, do dungeons for gear then do raids for gear or afk in the main city hub. i say go play vanilla.

I really wish raidloggers stopped trying to design the game for people who actually want to play it.
    I want to play the game...I want to play a BG or do a mythic+ dungeon but I cant...because I have to farm AP and Essences(worst system ever), and be lucky with the RNG gear(azerite traits,sockets,corruption) to actually be considered for a spot...

I dont have a “whole” day to play like you said, Im not a kid without any responsabilities and instead of progressing my key Im choosing between Uldum or Vale dailies or anything else.

In those “boring” expansions you could just log in and play the game the way you wanted to. You didnt have to farm all the crap just to try a new character.

Azerite It's the fucking worst. you have to be lucky that your piece of gear has the traits that you need otherwise it might take five or six different helms to find the best one.

And then let's say you're in Blood spec and you switch to Frost, well that Azerite gear isn't going to change over by itself, you have to either spend a lot of gold to change the traits all over again or just get separate pieces of gear.

At least old Teir raid gear when you switch specs the traits and the gear switch too just makes perfect sense for it to do that. Why didn't Blizzard allow Azerite change traits with changing specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Xemioza View Post
    I want to play the game...I want to play a BG or do a mythic+ dungeon but I cant...because I have to farm AP and Essences(worst system ever), and be lucky with the RNG gear(azerite traits,sockets,corruption) to actually be considered for a spot...

I dont have a “whole” day to play like you said, Im not a kid without any responsabilities and instead of progressing my key Im choosing between Uldum or Vale dailies or anything else.

In those “boring” expansions you could just log in and play the game the way you wanted to. You didnt have to farm all the crap just to try a new character.
    The goal that has to be reached is finding a happy medium between those grindable perks being good and also them not being mandatory. It has pretty much happened in 8.3, but of course some people will always feel compelled to max out everything, no matter how small the advantage.

I'm not sure why you feel you must do Uldum and Vale every day. Outside of just doing the weekly and bi-weekly invasions, the dailies give you like 750-1000 coalescing visions per day and some AP that has been made less pivotal than before. Doing dailies and events every day will maybe give you 1 or 2 items to start a vision weekly, and a couple thousand AP. That's hardly something you should feel is obligatory, but at the same time, it feels rewarding enough for people who want to devote time to it.

And in the end, this is an mmorpg. It's FINE to have to play it to maximize your character's potential. I'm all for flexbility and allowing players to do what they want, but demanding that your character should be doing its 100% while not playing a large part of the game is a little bit absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by Puzzony View Post
    These craptastic systems are in the game for a reason, it farms MAU for them. No chance in hell there won't be some similar shit in the game in Shadowlands.
    Under the impression your picture is Blizzards reaction if they read Zorachus "No x y z" in shadowlands.

Agree, those systems are crap.

8 3 might be the worst patch ever, in regards to the mind numbing crazy grind.

- Essences suck

- Corruption gear is hands down the worst idea in the history of the game. You glow like a ugly freak. You get some stupid gem over your head thay then does damage on you. WTF? The bonus traits are total RNG, but you are still forced to grind for them because if you get the good one, it will account for a massive amount of your damage.

- Horrific Visions are rinse and repeat stupid.

- 8.3 Assault / Invasions grind to get your dumbass tokens needed to get into horrific visions is time consuming and a major grind. They're not fast Assaults, they take awhile, not hard just boring AF and time consuming.

Blizzard please never create anything like 8.3 ever again for WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    So you want a boring game with no depth than we've already seen for the first 5 expansion

no thanks
    The best "depth" a game has to offer lies exclusively in the active portions of it. In the case of wow, the combat. Setup of your character can be cool and meaningful, but

1) everything ends up being cookie cutter if they're off on the balance by much (and they ALWAYS are off by a lot)
    2) that form of depth loses meaning over time because it's set it and forget it

- - - Updated - - -

Farming mats for people who actually play non-faceroll parts of the game?

I really wish people would stop wanting reasons beyond finding things fun innately to be convinced to repeat the same content 120716253 times in the faceroll overworld. But here we are.

I mean if you're chasing rewards as a motivation to play a game, you're already kinda sad IMO. Wanting to get the satisfaction of advancement while you do the same dumb content over and over again sounds like you wish real life worked that way so you could keep flipping burgers and eventually wind up as a millionaire. Nah. Gitgud, move past the burger flipping, or stay the same.
    Last edited by BeepBoo; 2020-02-21 at 02:49 AM.

The goal that has to be reached is finding a happy medium between those grindable perks being good and also them not being mandatory. It has pretty much happened in 8.3, but of course some people will always feel compelled to max out everything, no matter how small the advantage.
    No, the key to victory here is content segregation. Let those overworld players grind themselves to death on power that only applies in overworld. Let raiders do the same for things that only work in raids. Disable all "cool" effects from activities outside of the activity they were designed for and acquired in.

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    So you want a boring game with no depth than we've already seen for the first 5 expansion

no thanks
    You know what I'd say no thanks to? Boring game where I have to fill my daily quota of world quests or other garbage content because it's tied to systems that exist as a gatekeeper from the real content.

Every daily / world quest is the same crap. Kill 10-20 non challenging mobs. Click some stuff planted next to them. Loot items from their corpses. Rinse, repeat. While also suffering lag during times of high traffic, other players being more hindrance than help, and dealing with half an expansion of no flying with the most obnoxious travel times. Open world content is definitely the weakest and worst part of wow yet they keep cramming it down people's throats.

You wanna put that in the game for casuals? Fine. Just don't attach the backbone of the expansion system to it. Or allow us to get necessary whatever from other sources at an acceptable pace to time investment. When getting AP or legion legendaries had the lowest time spend to success ratio when doing mythic+ but best time spent to success ratio when doing emissary caches you know game has went to shit.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd prefer they keep them in the game. I like them, and if nothing else, I love seeing people with zero self control lose their minds over simple things they feel they "Have to do, because reasons".

Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    Azerite It's the fucking worst. you have to be lucky that your piece of gear has the traits that you need otherwise it might take five or six different helms to find the best one.

And then let's say you're in Blood spec and you switch to Frost, well that Azerite gear isn't going to change over by itself, you have to either spend a lot of gold to change the traits all over again or just get separate pieces of gear.

At least old Teir raid gear when you switch specs the traits and the gear switch too just makes perfect sense for it to do that. Why didn't Blizzard allow Azerite change traits with changing specs.
    What are you smoking?
    Did you miss specific pieces from raids or did you miss vendor selling specific pieces?

If it's as important as past two exp I wont be back, im sick of doing these chores before work in the morning lol

God forbid we'd get meaningful professions, factions and progressive outdoor content with real depth. Lore that supports the expansion with an arc and tells a whole meaningful story.

Na-ah, let's just farm AP for 2 years in reused boring game elements, then let's throw it away so we can start it again! Everything else can be subpar half assed shit! But hey! i'm aT lEaSt PlAyInG tHe GaMe!

Kill me now.
    Last edited by Lei; 2020-02-21 at 05:38 AM.

Well - there was no AP grind in BfA, so your wish has been granted.

To be clear - there was no AP grind required in BfA, but as with anything, you can make work out of anything.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.