Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I don’t mind the table missions all that much, it’s a mindless system that I wouldn’t care if gone or stayed but yes to the rest. Those grinds are not fun at all. Bonus rolling and getting some azerite rock isn’t rewarding..

Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    Those grinds are not fun at all.
    Not sure what grinds? BfA only had one grind - and that was for the bumblebee mount, and that was far from mandatory content.

The rest - I've played since day 1 of BfA with no other grinds, so I'm unsure what grinds you refer to?

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    Please Blizzard, for the love of all that's holy, STOP with the BS systems introduced in BfA and Legion.

-Get rid of Azerite and AP grinds
    -No more Netherlight Crucible type crap
    -No Azerite traits shit gear, that can't be swapped to different specs like old Tier gear
    -No Essences
    -No Corruption
    -No Table mission crap

STOP it already. All of these things sucked so bad, and are just such a stupid pointless grind. Go back to gearing up through Dungeons first, then Raids second. You want to gear up, you run a Normal dungeon, then get better gear in a Heroic dungeon, then better gear again in a Mythic dungeon. You want even better gear, run a Heroic Raid, and you want the BiS gear you run Mythic Raids. That's it. No fucking AP grind, no Artifact weapon. No Corruption bullshit.

Have tokens or badges that drop off bosses in Raids, that you then purchase gear from Raid NPC vendors in the main city.

Design the class and specs so good from the start of the new expansion, that none of these stupid grindy systems are even needed whatsoever, go back to something similar to the MoP and WoD class type builds and systems
    Quit then. No one will care. Just go
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Not sure what grinds? BfA only had one grind - and that was for the bumblebee mount, and that was far from mandatory content.

The rest - I've played since day 1 of BfA with no other grinds, so I'm unsure what grinds you refer to?
    Was talking about leveling the necklace.

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Anima has been in the game and connected to death before Artifact Power existed. Nomenclature will not go against hard confirmations from Blizzcon.
    And Azerite Power has also been there before Artifact Power existed so I am not sure I see what you are trying to say. There will still be an AP Grind whether they call it Anima Power, Azerite Power or Artifact Power.
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't..

I'm not sure you know what you are asking for...

Essentially you will be left with what WoD was.
    OKish classes, good raids and no other impactfull endgame-content.

Honestly; the WoW-playerbase seems to have an abused-housewife syndrome. You dislike all these features sooo much, but you still keep doing them.

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post

Farming mats for people who actually play non-faceroll parts of the game?

I really wish people would stop wanting reasons beyond finding things fun innately to be convinced to repeat the same content 120716253 times in the faceroll overworld. But here we are.

I mean if you're chasing rewards as a motivation to play a game, you're already kinda sad IMO. Wanting to get the satisfaction of advancement while you do the same dumb content over and over again sounds like you wish real life worked that way so you could keep flipping burgers and eventually wind up as a millionaire. Nah. Gitgud, move past the burger flipping, or stay the same.
    This post actually breaks my brain.
    Dislikes repetitive content but wants people to just spend their free time farming mats instead of enjoying a player power progression system where they can pick and choose what types of content they enjoy. :thinking:

Motivated by rewards from a game is normal... and you don't need to do the same content over and over again unless you think heroic dungeons are the same thing as +15's or LFR = Mythic raid. If you do think that I suspect you just aren't good enough to do the harder versions and want an excuse to not try.

Quote Originally Posted by themaster24 View Post
    As far as we know, there is a hard cap for your power upgrades (i.e. Valor Cap), and you can get enough Anima for that cap by just playing the game for 1-2 days.
    No, they showed the Soul-Link talent tree. They explicitly said there is no more AP grind.

Anima that you will grind to cap each week? Yes. Infinite grind? No.

inb4 w-well they lie!!!!
    It will not be ap grind, it will be anima grind. And you'll feel forced to do boring unfun repetitive content each week to reach that cap.

And yeah they lie all the time. We just had war3 reforged remember?

Quote Originally Posted by themaster24 View Post
    The reason Legion and BFA (and technically WoD) introduced these kinds of systems is because there was an outcry from players for some sort of post max level leveling system. IIRC, they first began working on the concept in early Cata development with the scrapped Path of the Titans. Eventually we found ourselves with the infancy of post max level leveling with the followers in WoD, and you know the rest.

Unfortunately, if you don't like this idea, it won't be going anywhere. Blizz has grown fond of the idea of setting up these additional leveling systems, as it technically allows them more knobs for fine tuning.
    They need to give us something like paragon levels from Diablo then. Not these moronic overpowered abilities that the entire class is balanced around and if you dont have them you get shafted.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Xemioza View Post
    I want to play the game...I want to play a BG or do a mythic+ dungeon but I cant...because I have to farm AP and Essences(worst system ever), and be lucky with the RNG gear(azerite traits,sockets,corruption) to actually be considered for a spot...

I dont have a “whole” day to play like you said, Im not a kid without any responsabilities and instead of progressing my key Im choosing between Uldum or Vale dailies or anything else.

In those “boring” expansions you could just log in and play the game the way you wanted to. You didnt have to farm all the crap just to try a new character.
    You don't have to fucking farm anything. Stop acting like if you are not super up to date you'll be useless. You can easily blue parse with level 35 neck and no essences.

Shit you're not limit or method. So stop acting like you have to be level 80 super hard core to get anywhere.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Please Blizzard, for the love of all that's holy, STOP with the BS systems introduced in BfA and Legion.

-No Azerite traits shit gear, that can't be swapped to different specs like old Tier gear
    -No Essences
    -No Corruption
    -No Table mission crap

STOP it already. All of these things sucked so bad, and are just such a stupid pointless grind. Go back to gearing up through Dungeons first, then Raids second. You want to gear up, you run a Normal dungeon, then get better gear in a Heroic dungeon, then better gear again in a Mythic dungeon. You want even better gear, run a Heroic Raid, and you want the BiS gear you run Mythic Raids. That's it. No fucking AP grind, no Artifact weapon. No Corruption bullshit.

Have tokens or badges that drop off bosses in Raids, that you then purchase gear from Raid NPC vendors in the main city.

Design the class and specs so good from the start of the new expansion, that none of these stupid grindy systems are even needed whatsoever, go back to something similar to the MoP and WoD class type builds and systems
    well we will still have an AP grind in Shadowlands but apparently it is being capped so you can only get so much a week from, hopefully, a variety of sources (player agency). the mission table isn't that bad. we won't be getting anything resembling tier gear until 9.1 at the earliest. essences and corruption will be gone, this is their final expansion which (hopefully) means that warforging and titanforging is gone for good as well.

The only new good things that's been introduced to wow in the last five or six years has been Class Halls, and M+ dungeons. Those two are fantastic additions to the game, and Transmog because I rather look cool than fucking bozo the clown with orange and blue gear and big slippers on.

But all the other stuff I listed in the first post here are completely toxic horrific terrible game features that need to be stripped away permanently and nothing new like them whatsoever ever introduced again to WoW.

You want to gear up you run dungeons you want even better gear you Raid. End of story that's it No other ways to get epic gear.

And if Blizzard does their job properly you shouldn't need these stupid fucking bullshit add-on systems that help your character. They need to design the class and spec correctly from the start and none of this garbage is needed.
    Sounds pretty dull as raids are incredibly boring. They should get rid of them altogether or just have one each expansion so they can focus on literally anything else. How you can like raiding the same thing thing over amd over but also complain about any other sort of grind being boring is beyond me. Especially going through the trash in raids. It's all the same every expansion, just different paint job for most part.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    If there's no AP grind / something similar, what are we supposed to do for the whole day? What will be the point of any max level open world activity? (Before you say cosmetics: 99% of people won't care about that).

It's fine to have something to grind for in casual content to slowly increase the power of your character. I really wish raidloggers stopped trying to design the game for people who actually want to play it.

Once you remove AP and potential similar grinds, you are only left with legacy content for mounts, pets and toys. That and dungeons+raids. No thanks
    The whole day? Get a job or play a different game.

Except they already confirmed there isn't an artifact that you grind AP for, and that there's a weekly valor cap. There will PROBABLY be something akin to these old features but the entirety of the LITTLE they actually showed at Blizzcon was "it's not BFA"

Did OP actually watch Blizzcon? I doubt it. Or maybe he did and still wanted to just bitch.
    WC3RF says hi. Nothing in ALPHA/BETA is confirmed..

Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    Was talking about leveling the necklace.
    As was I - mine just hit level 80 today, and without a single day of grinding since BfA started.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    As was I - mine just hit level 80 today, and without a single day of grinding since BfA started.
    Congratulations you play a lot. I haven’t gone crazy on it ether and low 70s now. Still not fun, not exciting, not anything I’d like to see returned.

If they want retail to be an actually good MMO, they need to remove Mythic and LFR difficulties. Not a popular opinion, but it's the only way they can make modern raiding interesting again.

-No Essences
    -No Corruption
    -No Table mission crap

you can get everything you want but than they will scrap mythic raiding, so that gear is accesibly for everybody and we will again have to do dailies for rip grinds to buy shoulder enchants. was that so much better?^^

So basically, nobody should play the game unless they are organized raiders. Interesting, this is an excellent way to kill the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Zillbert View Post
    If they want retail to be an actually good MMO, they need to remove Mythic and LFR difficulties. Not a popular opinion, but it's the only way they can make modern raiding interesting again.
    10/10 would prefer to have mythic more accesible for the average joe but yeah...