Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    I don't even know how people reply to this obvious troll bait. It's as if someone said that if someone prefers cheeseburgers over hot dogs they're a horrible person and people tried to make a logical discussion with him about it.
    Yeah, I just realized I took the bait like a chump stain.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharby View Post
    This is so funny to me.

How can you argue against being able to play with the other half of the playerbase without feeling like a bonehead?

The benefits to cross-faction play don't end with hardcore PvE, it positively affects all levels of play.
    Here, let me go ahead and break down the argument from the developers themselves: No.

Quote Originally Posted by Uniqed View Post
    Yeah, honestly such an easy fix, i cant believe they have not done this yet.

Comparing the m+ groups on Horde vs. Alliance on EU servers is crazy. Horde has like 10 times the amounts running any time of the day.
    Pretty sure most players would not care if the DH in their m+ group is a Night Elf or Blood Elf.
    That won't solve squat, Alliance has a race problem, not a faction problem. A merge would just change the tone.

"Why isn't there more Alliance races topping X charts?"

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paraka View Post
    That won't solve squat, Alliance has a race problem, not a faction problem. A merge would just change the tone.

Yes, except while that might be an issue at the same time it wouldn't affect anyone because its not like people not picking Alliance races would mean Alliance players have less people to work with.

Its a different issue entirely. People would be bothered, but it wouldn't inconvenience them like the current situation is.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

Once pre patch hits I change my main to horde. There is no other way if I want to keep pugging M+

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Cross faction PvE can exist without a faction merger, all they need to do is make that the default if you are not in War Mode and problem solved.
    yeah but blizzard is all about their faction war fantasy. look at how often they cramp that shit into an expansion. Cata, MoP, BFA. The same boring thing every fucking time and in the end we are working together to beat some boss. boring. also the lore is boring and stupid and full of plotholes anyway, why are they still pretending?

playing alliance as raider fucking sucks. i did that and all my friends were still horde because of course they were. i couldnt do mythic+ with them or battlegrounds or islands or old raids. nothing. playing alliance is like not having friends in the game at all.

Get rid of the force 2 sides nonsense.

It made no sense in game play, not even pvp.
    It made no sense not in the lore, how many times does blizzard needs to endure player questioning them over and over why my nightfallen is horde, why I must play along the wrong side of horde, why this horde NPC clearly defected and I can't.

BFA has shown is that even if blizzard wants an expansion on 2 sides fake conflict they can't handle it... So drop this nonsense already.

5+ Year Old Account
    At this point, they problably dont know what to do, the damage was already done to the Alliance raiding scenario. Its no longer the racials, the pasives, the actives, its no longer the races, allied races. The storyline or plotlines... its just.
    What faction has more guilds and are competitive.

If they introduce something like Battle for Dazaralor and the BG mercenary system, that, will not help anything. People will not invest on helping the alliance from the horde.
    Its a hard topic, and clearly.... we can be assure that Blizzard knows it.... but havent found yet and answer.

that offcourse, doesnt fucked up the Horde.

But why would anyone care about the alliance?

Quote Originally Posted by Paraka View Post

Im not really sure what you mean. When i checked 2 hours ago Alliance had 5 +15 groups in the group finder across ALL dungeons. Horde had like 5 +15 groups for every SINGLE dungeon. The difference is crazy.

One change could 10 times increase the available groups to join for Alliance players. Not sure how you can say that it would not solve anything?
    Last edited by Uniqed; 2020-02-21 at 03:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Uniqed View Post
    Im not really sure what you mean. When i checked 2 hours ago Alliance had 5 +15 groups in the group finder across ALL dungeons. Horde had like 5 +15 groups for every SINGLE dungeon. The difference is crazy.

One change could 10 times increase the available groups to join for Alliance players. Not sure how you can say that it would not solve anything?
    What did you expect, typical player's mentality is "I play Horde, I don't have a problem, if some people out there play Alliance and they have a problem, well fuck them, who cares, they suck anyway and they can just pay 30$ and join the cool club, or quit, or go RP in goldshire".

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    I would expect a larger percentage of those types of transactions are today paid with WoW-Gold. Some of which is backed with cash, but not all of it.
    What are you talking about? ALL of those transactions are paid for in real money. In order to purchase a character transfer with gold you, all of the following has to be done:

WoW Token purchased by player A for $20 -> WoW Token listed by player A on AH for X gold -> Player B buys WoW Token for X gold -> Player B converts WoW Token into $15 Battle.net Balance

What's the first step on that process? Oh yeah, real money exchanged for a virtual good. Just because Player B hasn't spent any money personally doesn't mean that it hasn't been paid for. In fact, Blizzard actually makes more money the more people pay for account services using WoW Gold because it "costs" $20 for every $15 in usable Battle.net Balance.

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyOne View Post
    15 Alliance guilds in the top 100.

289 Alliance guilds in the top 1000.

None in the top 10 or killed n'zoth.

Yet no chance for faction merges as said in last blizzcon.
    Only way I’d accept faction merger is if the alliance and its players surrender and submit to the horde, letting the horde be the final victors of the wars

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    Ion also said you should be able to equip an item that is an 15 item level increase and be assured its an upgrade and that isn't the case in the least, so what they say =! what they do.
    You forget the earlier post that they intentionally have trash items with trash stats for enchanting. "Not everything is meant to be an upgrade". The problem is the player base. If an item is not bis then it's trash. Upgrades that aren't bis are looked at as trash and people get angry that every drop that they get isn't bis.

What he said, apart from the enchanting fodder, is true.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    The real answer of course is to just let Sylvanas kill off the weak and boring alliance, thus forever freeing us of the infestation of gnomes.
    Shut up goblin. Hahahahaha. If it really was about non sub revenue then you would see racial or something swung every expansion. This is not the case so the revenue argument is proven false. There has only been one time where net balance has swung to alliance favor and it was a PvP issue.

How do we swing it back?
    More loot for alliance?
    Don't think that will work as gear is so easy to get.
    PvP favouritism for alliance?
    That will definetly help but the people who swap don't necessarily do pve.
    Alliance exclusive transmogs?
    There will be an outrage but many horde have an alliance toon by now just as many alliance people have a horde toon. Doesn't solve anything.

Anyone have any ideas to reverse this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyOne View Post
    15 Alliance guilds in the top 100.

289 Alliance guilds in the top 1000.

None in the top 10 or killed n'zoth.

Yet no chance for faction merges as said in last blizzcon.
    Most people will blame things like "Alliance have bad racials lol". But the reality is the Alliance population is just smaller, no reasonable guild is willing to pay to go Alliance because the population is so small. Blizzard stupidly believed that Hall of Fame would solve this problem, but it didn't even impact the problem at all. A faction merge would be stupidly easy to do, they're just too ignorant to accept it, same way that they're too ignorant to change the Mythic raid size from 20 to a smaller more reasonable number.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharby View Post
    Yes, except while that might be an issue at the same time it wouldn't affect anyone because its not like people not picking Alliance races would mean Alliance players have less people to work with.

Its a different issue entirely. People would be bothered, but it wouldn't inconvenience them like the current situation is.
    Yeah, a minor inconvenience like a core concept of the game itself.

Jesus dude. It ain't happening and the lack of raiding guilds Alliance side isn't the game breaking issue you seem to think it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    I was talking with a friend about it yesterday as they went Horde to join a raid group and it pretty much just came down to those stupid people are still playing alliance with how crazy the gap between the two are.

Of course I count as one of those stupid people.....
    My entire guild switched to horde this patch. It had been alliance since late Molten Core and some core members still around (I joined them during BT in BC). The reason was basically "impossible to continue mythic raids on alliance with almost no one playing"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Babadoo View Post
    Once pre patch hits I change my main to horde. There is no other way if I want to keep pugging M+
    exactly what im doing. I have a tauren shaman and a orc warrior already. but i wanna move my demon hunter main over to horde, cuz i mainly pug M+ and the groups on alliance are just...PAINNNNFULLLLLLLL
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Yeah, a minor inconvenience like a core concept of the game itself.

Jesus dude. It ain't happening and the lack of raiding guilds Alliance side isn't the game breaking issue you seem to think it is.
    Many 'core concepts' of the game have changed overtime, to suggest that this is different is silly. There's also been a ton of shit that was once deemed impossible that has happened as well. You're a veteran, I know you know this.

Furthermore the idea that something has to be game-breaking to be worthy of fixing is also silly as well, this is a topic that has been discussed and requested by many people and by principle it is something that should happen, WoW is the only game that divides its playerbase in half, it worked when the game was peaking and populated, it does not work when we are in a stable, but low point population-wise. The results of continued division are observable

You may not put value into upper echelons of play but that doesn't mean its worthless, having competitive, top-tier players is essential to a healthy game environment because these are the players that make guides, these are the players that stream and bring attention to the game, these are the players that set the standards and meta in both PvP and PvE, these are the players that give lower end players a role model to strive for.

The fact that currently, only one half of the playerbase has these kind of players is a blatant problem, the very principle of it is wayward.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    I would expect a larger percentage of those types of transactions are today paid with WoW-Gold. Some of which is backed with cash, but not all of it.
    of course faction transfer isn't the most income to cash shop, it is still an income, and Bobby Kodick make even Scrouge himself feel like a charity activist (to be fair, most of CEO from USA give that impression)
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Blizzard has repeatedly mentioned that faction population is nearly dead even across all realms. Why should they merge factions to fix an issue which affects the top .01% of players? (And isn't even that big of a deal since you can faction transfer anyway.) This is the very definition of a non-issue.
    I think you underestimate the problem, as time goes on this will and already has trickled down to more casual mythic guilds or heroic guilds, who wants to invest raiding into a dead faction right? same for keystones.

I'd actually say that in a few years from now Blizzard is forced to do cross faction pve.
    Would be great if we could have it a bit earlier and not when the community and guilds already have withered and died off.
    Last edited by TheLucky1; 2020-02-21 at 09:30 AM.