Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Nice headcanon. Btw, nowhere in my post I talked about Sylvanas (in fact I find her cringey as all !@#$, one of the worst written characters in the entire franchise) but for some odd reason, you had to mention her nevertheless. The other guy was right, the only thing worse than Sylvanas fanbois are Sylvanas haters
    And nowhere in my post I said you were a Sylvanas fanboy

And yes.... mine was headcanon.... if that doesn't belong in the forum, then literally any thread defending Sylvanas (and there are a lot of them here) should be purged.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    And nowhere in my post I said you were a Sylvanas fanboy
    I neither said nor implied that you called me a Sylvanas fanboi. What I said was:

Nice headcanon. Btw, nowhere in my post I talked about Sylvanas (in fact I find her cringey as all !@#$, one of the worst written characters in the entire franchise) but for some odd reason, you had to mention her nevertheless. The other guy was right, the only thing worse than Sylvanas fanbois are Sylvanas haters
    Seriously, dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

I neither said nor implied that you called me a Sylvanas fanboi. What I said was:

Seriously, dude.
    Yeah, seriously, that bolded part is so irrelevant. Since I never said you were a Sylvanas fanboy, you don't need to explain your opinion on Sylvanas.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Yeah, seriously, that bolded part is so irrelevant. Since I never said you were a Sylvanas fanboy, you don't need to explain your opinion on Sylvanas.
    It's odd, because the part I bolded was NOT my opinion. But I don't feel like wasting any more time with an Alleria/void elf fan, welcome to my ignore list.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

It's odd, because the part I bolded was NOT my opinion. But I don't feel like wasting any more time with an Alleria/void elf fan, welcome to my ignore list.
    Meh, at least we acknowledged that that bolded part of yours had nothing to do with my tidbit about applying Sylvanas' logic to Alleria.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Having established what you both weren't talking about, let's return to the actual subject of the thread.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

I think Blizz should combine high and void elves to form their own society/government akin to gilnean people (with worgen and normal humans living together under one banner). I wonder if Silver Covenant can recruit void elves?

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BaumanKing View Post
    I think Blizz should combine high and void elves to form their own society/government akin to gilnean people (with worgen and normal humans living together under one banner). I wonder if Silver Covenant can recruit void elves?
    As Varodoc said (how do I @?), the best way they could be united is like Vereesa leading the High Elves, Umbric leading the High Elves, and Alleria leading both of them therefore all of them; and then probably in partnership with Mordent and his Highborne

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Yes. So Void Elves aren't blood or high elves who, according to blizzard, are both the same thing
    Alleria, Vareesa and the Silver Covenant are High Elves associated with the Alliance, not Blood Elves.

Also Ion specifically said Blood Elves are High Elves (and not the other way around, nor that they are one and the same), and he only did so to justify their decision to add Void Elves.
    But regardless of what he meant, High Elves and Blood Elves are just semanthics.

We - and Ion - all know that the "High Elves" that players have been requesting are the "whatever you want to call them" Elves that are not loyal to the Horde or the Blood Elf faction and remain on the side of the Alliance, such as the Silver Covenant, who were quite active during Wrath of the Lich King and still exist to this day.
    And all excuses to deny a playable Silver Covenant are crap:
    - They are Blood Elves with Blue Eyes - Pandaren say hi.
    - But... but... but they are Blood Elves with Blue Eyes! - they could give the Silver Covenant different animations/posture (which at some point was stated they would do for Void Elves, but apparently pallete swap and tentacle hair does the trick).

Also if Blizzard truly meant that High Elves and Blood Elves are the same, why can't the Horde play blue eye Blood Elves?

Blizzard just does whatever they want and Ion cleans after it.
    Blizzard literally made an Alliance playable race out of a FIXED number of Horde Blood Elves that got turned into Void Elves, saved by a mostly neutral hero Alleria and cast out from Silvermoon because the Sunwell said "ew!" when Alleria got too close.

Mind you that the Void Elves should be less than the Silver Covenant alone, and if Blizzard wanted other groups of "non-Horde" High Elves could easily be conjured up in more believable ways than the Void Elves were.
    Last edited by Nurvus; 2020-02-19 at 05:17 AM.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Nurvus View Post
    Alleria, Vareesa and the Silver Covenant are High Elves associated with the Alliance, not Blood Elves.

Also Ion specifically said Blood Elves are High Elves (and not the other way around, nor that they are one and the same), and he only did so to justify their decision to add Void Elves.
    But regardless of what he meant, High Elves and Blood Elves are just semanthics.

We - and Ion - all know that the "High Elves" that players have been requesting are the "whatever you want to call them" Elves that are not loyal to the Horde or the Blood Elf faction and remain on the side of the Alliance, such as the Silver Covenant, who were quite active during Wrath of the Lich King and still exist to this day.
    And all excuses to deny a playable Silver Covenant are crap:
    - They are Blood Elves with Blue Eyes - Pandaren say hi.
    - But... but... but they are Blood Elves with Blue Eyes! - they could give the Silver Covenant different animations/posture (which at some point was stated they would do for Void Elves, but apparently pallete swap and tentacle hair does the trick).

Also if Blizzard truly meant that High Elves and Blood Elves are the same, why can't the Horde play blue eye Blood Elves?

Blizzard just does whatever they want and Ion cleans after it.
    Blizzard literally made an Alliance playable race out of a FIXED number of Horde Blood Elves that got turned into Void Elves, saved by a mostly neutral hero Alleria and cast out from Silvermoon because the Sunwell said "ew!" when Alleria got too close.

Mind you that the Void Elves should be less than the Silver Covenant alone, and if Blizzard wanted other groups of "non-Horde" High Elves could easily be conjured up in more believable ways than the Void Elves were.
    Imagine accepting Ions arguments instead of speaking to a wall. Also pls love this to the high elf mega thread already. It exists to prevent lore forum spamming.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes. Pandaren were a mistake. Blizzard still regrets implementing a neutral race because they are the same group forced to be irrelevant. That's why they never did another one like that.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2020-02-19 at 12:34 PM. Reason: Removed incomplete duplicate quotation.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are also Alliance or Alliance friendly blood elves in Telogrus Rift.
    Valeera, a blood elf living in SW, is also an Alliance sympathisor.
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    Imagine accepting Ions arguments instead of speaking to a wall. Also pls love this to the high elf mega thread already. It exists to prevent lore forum spamming.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes. Pandaren were a mistake. Blizzard still regrets implementing a neutral race because they are the same group forced to be irrelevant. That's why they never did another one like that.
    Doesn't stop Blizzard from making an update in the future that causes them to properly separate in terms of ideologies and even take a more important role in future expansions.

I am not here discussing adding High Elves.
    I am here discussing what actions Blizzad has been taking, and for what reasons.

What they did to add Void Elves pretty much contradicts every excuse they gave for not adding High Elves.
    Simultaneously, it is exactly the kind of lore addition that Pandaren need to separate themselves into two proper factions.

We could easily end up with truly Neutral Pandaren as non-playable + Pandaren that are truly loyal to the Alliance and Pandaren that are truly loyal to the Horde as playable.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Same here.., these topics ate killing every viber in my body and my soul is nearly destroyed by the liked of ravenmoon and that 1 super alleria fan who pops up in every thread that has anything to do with elves. All these topic these guys make are all coming down to 1 thing: high elf. The newsfeed on frontpage has the word elf/highborne or alleria in it 9 out of the 10 times.

Collect your essays on high elves and put them where they belong.. yeaaa you guessed it: the big nerdy high elves thread.
    I posted some new questions in the high elf megathread and I just got left on read. Now, by all means please take the honor of answering them before I couldn't control my urges any longer to post a new thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    I posted some new questions in the high elf megathread and I just got left on read. Now, by all means please take the honor of answering them before I couldn't control my urges any longer to post a new thread
    It is perfectly appropriate to create a new thread for this question, since it is not about the High elves but about Alleria (who is a Void elf).

I'm not sure there are organized high elf forces other than the Silver Covenant, which is Vereesa's and separate from the Alliance. After Silvermoon split from the Alliance whatever high elves stuck around were melded into general forces. Auric is the commanding officer of such a base. What authority Alleria holds is more with the void elves or general Alliance forces that may or may not have high elf troops in it.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    I'm not sure there are organized high elf forces other than the Silver Covenant, which is Vereesa's and separate from the Alliance. After Silvermoon split from the Alliance whatever high elves stuck around were melded into general forces. Auric is the commanding officer of such a base. What authority Alleria holds is more with the void elves or general Alliance forces that may or may not have high elf troops in it.
    Void Elves happened out of the blue - anything else is much easier to do.

Blizzard could easily make a portion of the Silver Covenant decide to fully join the Alliance.
    Blizzard can also make Silver Covenant and Blood Elves (and Void Elves) use slightly different stances to represent their different ideologies and personality as a group.
    Blizzard could easily make Horde Pandaren and Alliance Pandaren actually make sense once and for all, and even look slightly different (tattoos, animations, etc).

Mind you that with so many similar body shapes in WoW, stances and walk/run animations are what really helps identify a race at a distance.

Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    They want them to join the alliance because they all love their half human kids and husband's so much. So yes. They lost the right to be true Thalassian. The spirit of Anasterian and Kael alike would rotate in their graves.
    Kael? The guy who spent his youth lusting after a human teenager, and got rekt by Arthas because he was triggered by the fact that she jumped his bones?
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    Considering that she's the older sister of Vereesa, and the fact that she's higher rank than Auric. She is also more renowned and more experienced than Jalinde. I think it's possible that at least somewhere behind the scenes, she also took leadership and rallied the remaining Alliance loyalist High Elves.

I mean there's even more new High Elf NPCs like that portal NPC in Boralus, that one expedition NPC, and the 7th Legion Battlemages who help face off against their Blood Elf kin in Stromgarde. They don't seem to act under Vereesa's behalf given that she is pretty much absent in 99.9% of BFA.

Or does she cater only for the Void elves still?
    ugh still with this crap? High Elves ARE Blood Elves.....if you're talking about the Silver covenant High Elve's theres no where near enough of them to make it a Race. Void elves are also just void touched High Elves lol

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodykiller86 View Post
    ugh still with this crap? High Elves ARE Blood Elves.....if you're talking about the Silver covenant High Elve's theres no where near enough of them to make it a Race. Void elves are also just void touched High Elves lol
    nowhere did I ask to make an allied with race with them, I'm asking mainly about Alleria since Vereesa was MIA for some reason

Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    Kael? The guy who spent his youth lusting after a human teenager, and got rekt by Arthas because he was triggered by the fact that she jumped his bones?
    He realized his wrongs and stopped caring for humans all together. Just like his father. Peak character progression.