10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Thinking about surrender makes me wonder if I should fit some counter strike into my shield throw build.... changing to glad would mean I would need to worry about hit and would lose my stun immunity but I’d easily have max block and the challenger charges would give me a ton of speed.

I think I might have a shield throw problem no matter what I do I keep circling back.....
    My brother desperately tried to get Shield Throw to work, but the investment inevitably never was worth it. The build just lacked too much for the cost.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    My brother desperately tried to get Shield Throw to work, but the investment inevitably never was worth it. The build just lacked too much for the cost.
    Yeah, I shared my brothers build with Daemos a while back. IIRC it was a cold conversion build and it "works" and is great for map clear, but for how expensive it was (forget the price, but pretty expensive), it just wasn't worth it. Boss damage was kinda bad and survivability was meh, and he could get better sustain/boss killing with pretty much the same clear on a bunch of other builds with significantly lower investment that would also let him play without needing to avoid damage etc.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I know it’s a bloody horrendous skill to build might be the worse in the game but I just can’t help my self no matter what I try I find my self always thinking about it. I’m at the point where I have decentish damage better then I’ve ever had before but I need big money items to take it any further And my survivability isn’t great as I turned a ton of health into damage with a legion jewel.

I feel like I’m in an abusive relationship with the skill I know it’s bad for me and know it will only end in pain but I keep going back and I don’t know why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guess i dont see it:

Even in those pictures it is blatantly obvious that Diablo 3 has more screen real estate than PoE. Not only are the units/models/etc smaller but you can see further away. PoE's screen is just too cluttered. The only time the iso-view really bothers me in D3 is when trying to move diagonally to the bottom right or left, you can't move as far as top right or left, but that's just a limitation of the view. In PoE, I always feel like I can't click far enough away from my character, and it feels claustrophobic at times, like I'm zoomed way in. I always catch myself trying to zoom the camera out in PoE, but D3's view doesn't bother me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Yeah, I shared my brothers build with Daemos a while back. IIRC it was a cold conversion build and it "works" and is great for map clear, but for how expensive it was (forget the price, but pretty expensive), it just wasn't worth it. Boss damage was kinda bad and survivability was meh, and he could get better sustain/boss killing with pretty much the same clear on a bunch of other builds with significantly lower investment that would also let him play without needing to avoid damage etc.
    You know, I've never really understood the price vs power argument. I have two builds at the moment that I have sunk about 160ex in total, after watching vids and such, and comparing them in Path of Building to the builds that people supposedly put together for less than 5ex, I find it astounding that in Path of Building I show less than HALF the DPS those cheaper builds do. For instance, in order to get my RF build to a point where RF wasn't straight killing me, and actually had a net positive on life gain, I spent almost 50ex on gear, and I still didn't even have what I was after. But I watched some vid where someone took a fresh character and built it up for RF running T14 maps on about 5ex worth of gear. Either I'm clearly just bad, or they're doing something I'm not getting.

I have literally pulled up their build in Path of Building, imported my gear over, leaving ALL the settings and skills the same, tossed my gear on, and the DPS just plummets. Yet my gear cost me hundreds of percents more. I guess it's just the nature of 100% random stats.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Even in those pictures it is blatantly obvious that Diablo 3 has more screen real estate than PoE. Not only are the units/models/etc smaller but you can see further away. PoE's screen is just too cluttered. The only time the iso-view really bothers me in D3 is when trying to move diagonally to the bottom right or left, you can't move as far as top right or left, but that's just a limitation of the view. In PoE, I always feel like I can't click far enough away from my character, and it feels claustrophobic at times, like I'm zoomed way in. I always catch myself trying to zoom the camera out in PoE, but D3's view doesn't bother me.

- - - Updated - - -

You know, I've never really understood the price vs power argument. I have two builds at the moment that I have sunk about 160ex in total, after watching vids and such, and comparing them in Path of Building to the builds that people supposedly put together for less than 5ex, I find it astounding that in Path of Building I show less than HALF the DPS those cheaper builds do. For instance, in order to get my RF build to a point where RF wasn't straight killing me, and actually had a net positive on life gain, I spent almost 50ex on gear, and I still didn't even have what I was after. But I watched some vid where someone took a fresh character and built it up for RF running T14 maps on about 5ex worth of gear. Either I'm clearly just bad, or they're doing something I'm not getting.

I have literally pulled up their build in Path of Building, imported my gear over, leaving ALL the settings and skills the same, tossed my gear on, and the DPS just plummets. Yet my gear cost me hundreds of percents more. I guess it's just the nature of 100% random stats.
    As for the screenshot, i really dont see what you are getting at. Character models are approximately the same size. Minimap is larger in D3 than POE. The Health/Resource Orbs are slightly larger in POE, but dont occupy the bottom center. The Actionbar is significantly more compact in POE than D3. I mean okay someone might have issues with the camera distances in a game, but with over 2k hours in both, i just don't see it at all. This is coming from someone who liked both games and believe both games have a place in the genre. D3 is a great one for casual play or introducing ARPGS to a player becauses its extremely forgiving with costs of changing builds and extremely fast to level. POE is for the people looking for crunchier mechanics. Id compare them to D&D 5E Vs Pathfinder in the Tabletop RPG realm.

As for righteous fire, it's easy to sustain. Its a simple matter of maxing fire res (ideally with improved Max Res of 78+) and providing some Life Regen. You can achieve a net zero regen/degen by the mid 50s, and with any gear/level improve start to see regen. I know a lot of players use the Major Soul of Arakaali and Minor Soul of Abberath to further mitigate the degen. If you wanted to use it early, socket Purity of Fire, Use a Stone Golem and those two pantheon and done. Its a simple build but simply copying the POB and expecting it to work without fully knowing the mechanic won't work. This is not a game where people can just "netdeck" and pilot builds.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Your doing something wrong? I did RF as a league start in Delve League playing SSF and had no issues surviving the degen.

Think I used this https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2166420 guide.
    Last edited by Gorsameth; 2020-01-30 at 03:22 PM.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Guys any sugestions for a very fast mapper that can clear maps including T16? For bosses I have Mana Guardian HoAg but I want something really fast now to speed up conquerors/sirius spawns.

Welp, like 140 and 110 on my atlas clear progression and I'm pretty much done now, finally. Spawned A8 Sirus and he dropped garbage as always, hit 95 (highest I've hit on a league, or maybe ever), and just don't have much motivation to keep playing. All my minor upgrades are still 20ex+. Did somehow get hit capped (against non-evasive at least) which gave me a very nice damage boost.

I did manage to get a pretty solid Legion jewel that I threw a bunch of divines against, last one gave me 20% Fortify effect (so I'm up to 36% damage reduction with it after a total of 80% boost), 4% life, 20 fire res and I think some crit chance/multi, though it has a useless ignite roll for one. Pushed me to 5.9K HP, though I did lose corrupted blood immunity, and I can't even get much out of something like getting 21/23 gems at this point. Without any "projects" to work on (6 linking gear, farming for specific mats/drops etc.) I just don't see much reason to continue playing my character as he's pretty much fully built. Sure, I could go for an explody chest or something, but I don't care to learn enough about crafting to make one myself nor do I want to farm to get the like 50+ ex they cost.

It sucks that the true "endgame" of having a built character that you just shitwreck with is usually when I get bored of a league : /

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    As for the screenshot, i really dont see what you are getting at.
    At this point it's an issue of depth perception maybe? It's very clear that PoE is further zoomed in from comparing those two pictures, but I've played both and can confirm the same. It's one of my minor irritations in PoE as I also try to zoom out further like somehow the feature isn't working and should go out more.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    At this point it's an issue of depth perception maybe? It's very clear that PoE is further zoomed in from comparing those two pictures, but I've played both and can confirm the same. It's one of my minor irritations in PoE as I also try to zoom out further like somehow the feature isn't working and should go out more.
    I guess perception could be it, as i have said i could not see the difference. I know games like Grim dawn i notice it pretty obviously but maybe i just grew blind to a difference over the thousands of hours i put in. I do know i notice issues playing other MMOs when i try to compare their FOV to that of Warcraft which i have played since 08, so i'll admit i could easily have just grown immune to the difference.

Also your name reminds me of something but i don't know what, and google has failed me. Best i could think is my mind is associating kelemvor (god of death forgotten realms). Random tangent.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Also your name reminds me of something but i don't know what, and google has failed me
    It's not why I named myself this, but most people assume I did because of this: Celebrimbor

It wasn't until the Mordor games came out that people realized it was a familiar name as most people haven't read The Silmarillion.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Next League to be revealed next week.

What to expect in the coming weeks

We've just begun the press tour for our March expansion. Astute Path of Exile fans know that this means our official announcement is just around the corner! In fact, the announcement is currently planned for noon February 25 PST (9am February 26, NZ time) so just over one week away.

At this time, we're planning to release a new set of league supporter packs for PC users which means our current league supporter packs should end then too. For console players this changeover will happen alongside league launch as per usual.

This also means that we are aiming to launch this expansion on March 13 PST (March 14 NZ time) although this is not completely locked in. We will confirm its launch date with our announcement next week.

With the above schedule, Path of Exile: Metamorph will be ending on March 9 PST for PC players and about a week later for console players. If you're eager to hear what's happening with Metamorph in the future, we have a Development Manifesto planned for late next week to explain our thoughts.

We can't wait to share what we've been working on with you!
    https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2774799
    Last edited by Enjeh; 2020-02-18 at 02:44 PM.

I played PoE a bit when it came out for the PS4, but haven't in been tracking it for a while. Is there any word if any upcoming expansion (or the sequel) is going to add couch co-cop on consoles?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    I played PoE a bit when it came out for the PS4, but haven't in been tracking it for a while. Is there any word if any upcoming expansion (or the sequel) is going to add couch co-cop on consoles?
    No word on that at all that I have seen, so don't bet on that coming any time soon.

Ugh, looks like Poe and d3 will be launching the next season on the same day... D3 doesn't have a date yet, but they said it would be about two weeks from the end of the last one now and that places it on the 13

Kind of a first time player here (got to lvl 18 in 2013).
    After many years, this game finally got me, even though I was pretty vocal against it. Ignoring the outdated graphics, I just love how complex it is, and there are still lots of stuff I have to learn. I am rolling a lvl 64 RoA Deadeye atm, focusing on cold dmg. My dmg is fine, end bosses and metamorphs are dying slower tho, but man, am I getting stomped, by metamorphs especially. I tried to get some def/resist nodes, but I still feel squishy af. I have 1.6k hp and ~100 energy shield, and resistances ranging between 15% and 50%. Playing with Herald of Ice and Precision auras, using Assassin's Mark for bosses, and today I started using the Discipline gem to see if I get tankier.
    Any advice/tips on how I could die less often?
    Tried to link my char here, but haven't found yet how to do it, or if it's possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Vynx View Post
    After many years, this game finally got me, even though I was pretty vocal against it. Ignoring the outdated graphics, I just love how complex it is, and there are still lots of stuff I have to learn. I am rolling a lvl 64 RoA Deadeye atm, focusing on cold dmg. My dmg is fine, end bosses and metamorphs are dying slower tho, but man, am I getting stomped, by metamorphs especially. I tried to get some def/resist nodes, but I still feel squishy af. I have 1.6k hp and ~100 energy shield, and resistances ranging between 15% and 50%. Playing with Herald of Ice and Precision auras, using Assassin's Mark for bosses, and today I started using the Discipline gem to see if I get tankier.
    Tried to link my char here, but haven't found yet how to do it, or if it's possible.
    You are doing the same mistake all newbies do, you probably focused on damage nodes in your passive tree which is the wrong approach of PoE.

A level 64 character should be around ~3k HP, not 1.6K, plus you went Ranger which is the most squishy side of the passive tree that depends on "Evasion" which even after all these years, is a noob trap, as you get better at the game, dodge/evasion combo at higher gear is decent because better players are gonna get hit once or twice in 5-10mins of gameplay, dodging those, you get the point, but for new players, its the worst noob trap.

You can link your character by finding it at the PoE site and copy/pasting, and removing the "Privacy" setting if i recall.

Any way, you are doing the same mistake all new PoE players do, you shouldnt worry much, but try to salvage it.

Damage in PoE comes from Links + items after a point, the passive tree needs to be balanced, there are OP nodes for specific builds, and there are weaker nodes, obviously a new player cant know so the general rules to follow in PoE are (gonna ignore energy shield cause thats not for new players):

Your build must have 180-200% maximum life, otherwise it aint an actual build, its bad by default, unless you are that good that you dodge the majority, and 1 death every boss fight is irrelevant.

Some builds can get away with 155-180% that are based on Acrobatics (dodge), basically most Ranger specs are based on this.

Averagely we are talking over 5k HP after level ~80-85? I do things passively after all these years so my numbers can be a bit off.

Always prioritize resists after level 55 or so, most of your 1 shots are from lack of resists, the damage is wonky, get 75% everywhere, i know it aint easy cause you arent sure how to do it, thats why there is a 35% all resist flask, helps a lot while clearing maps.

Trade for items to reach 75% if you arent SSF, newbies should always just go max HP+2 resists minimum on everything so you can stop dying, then you can start buying better items to fix more damage.
    Last edited by potis; 2020-02-21 at 11:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vynx View Post
    Your first priority should be to get your resistances above 75%. Secondly, you should try to get as high +max life affix as possible on most of your items. Your resistances and life are really way too low for a level 64.

Just a small note : Hp is based on the build. Saying you *need* X HP for Y level is - at best- just some the average universal consensus regarless of the build.

I have 3500 hp lvl 94, and i farm anything in the game no problem (face tanking Sirus L8 is fun, dont judge me) (i mean, i havent tryed 120%+ Tier 19 maps yet, im just too lazy to go buy the stones for it). Only thing that can really kill me is detonate dead, but that kills pretty much everyone anyway Im just that much tanky /shrug

Also need to get back at farming sulphite.... would like to go much deeper.... so much to do, so little to do it!
    Last edited by Knaar; 2020-02-21 at 11:16 AM.

Thanks for the tips so far

My mindset was to kill stuff before they could reach/hit me. That's why I was using a smoke cloud potion on tougher encounters, but it wasn't enough lately.

Here's my toon btw: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/...lex/characters
    You can notice some items have pretty low lvl requirements, but I found it hard to get upgrades to replace the legendaries.