Resident Evil Netflix Series

If you don't want to read my story of how I came to like Resi so much Just read the bold font

So I searched for an existing thread on this and couldn't find one (to my surprise)

There must be many Resi fans here surely. We are a big fan base and for good reason. I'll let you in on my own story. For some like myself the series is a part of their childhood. For me I feel that to be doubly true. When I was about 10 or 11 my mom bought me a Sega Saturn. I loved it I had the Mega-Drive before that so I remember feeling happy. My Saturn had no games though only a demo. I had gone round a mates and he had a Playstation and was playing Return Fire. Prior to this an older friend had told me about this new game "Resi" only I thought he had said Present Evil. I decided to pluck up the courage to ask my mom to swap my Saturn for a PS1. Shocked when she immediately said yes and seemed happy about it. I told her the game I wanted, the one I had heard my mate talk about.

It was done. For 3 long weeks I patiently waited for my new console and a new.. next gen title. I lived in a block of flats on the 3rd floor. Each day I would come home from school, ring my buzzer and wait to be buzzed in. My younger brothers got home before I did so when I entered the bottom of the stairs, I knew I would be able to tell from my brothers tone of voice if my Playstation had arrived.

And so that glorious day came, I got buzzed in and listened for my brother to call my name. The excitement from him prompted me to clear 3 floors in 6 steps. I came into my room, my brothers all gathered round my new console. They had already set it up, I couldn't even get mad. I was thankful in all honesty.

"Everyone move" I said. As I took the pad and reset the console. From that moment I loved all things Resident Evil and became a super fan of Jill Valentine. Such a badass character I thought to myself back then, it was after picking up the G-Launcher. It was called the Bazooka If I recall correctly.

Needless to say I was addicted to my first PS1 game. When I look back I realise I played quite an unhealthy amount of RE1. I skipped school I pulled sickies, I got up and played it all night on school nights. I loved everything about the game. I asked my dad if I could subscribe to a magazine called CVG. He agreed. We didn't have the internet back then so I relied on magazines to keep my eyes out for upcoming games, and in one issue I saw the unlockables in Resi. I had not completed the game yet I had had to restart having run dry on ammo on the return to the mansion from the guardhouse.

I'm telling you guys right now no bullshit....that magnum.. that beee ayyy yyou teee full Colt Python was the best thing that ever happened to me!!! When they remade RE1 on the Gamecube words cannot describe my disappointment. The Samurai Edge is cool an all but why, why oh why can I not have my infinite magnum

I had obliterated the game after so many playthroughs. I played it so much not only because it was my only game at the time but because I loved the atmosphere of the game, even when I knew where to go and what to do it retained this sense of dread. I always felt nervous playing it. The setting. The events that take place. And then I see a new version coming out in one of my magazines. The Directors Cut. I read thinking it was cool but not enough there to make me ask my mom for it for Christmas. That is... until I saw the last sentence in the section of the magazine. Comes with a playable demo of Resident Evil 2.

I'll stop here, I got my Directors cut. I pleaded with my mom to give me the demo from it. "it's just a demo" "PLEASE MOM" hahaha she bit in the end and gave it to me. The rest is history.

So now you know how important RE is to me, I want to talk about the new Netflix series that's apparently coming, I've heard a few things. Wesker's daughters are the stars of the show and its set way after any of the games. It's like set in 2030 something I think. I hated the films the only ones I even mildy enjoyed was the very first one and the one with Jill in it. And I have my griped about them even still. As yourself a fan where do you think this series needs to go?

Personally for me I want them to start just before the events leading up to RE0. I wouldn't mind if the first half of the season starred Wesker and Birkin in their competitive time with each other. It could end the season on the outbreak in the Spencer mansion labs and the assembling of the STARS teams.

Why do these dudes keep screwing up what could potentially be the best zombie series we would ever have, it's like they just don't give 2 hoots about the source material. It's extremely frustrating.

Anyways what do you guys think of the Netflix RE series?

Last edited by Greendog; 2020-02-21 at 12:44 PM.

Hey, Capcom has been doing good things lately with Resident Evil, I wonder if they'll make a decent show...

Quote Originally Posted by Greendog View Post
    Wesker's daughters are the stars of the show
    Nevermind, then!

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Hey, Capcom has been doing good things lately with Resident Evil, I wonder if they'll make a decent show...

Nevermind, then!
    LMAO. Thanks that made me chuckle. But yeah I agree. It's like they cant do anything right when it comes to RE in live action.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Netflix series can be a bit hit and miss but mostly hits. I didn't mind the films from a purely zombie movie standpoint, obviously from a game standpoint they are not as good but then again very few video game to movie series are. I will give this one a chance, primarily because I love anything zombie related, hopefully Netflix delivers

Quote Originally Posted by Greendog View Post
    LMAO. Thanks that made me chuckle. But yeah I agree. It's like they cant do anything right when it comes to RE in live action.
    If I were to make a TV show out of Resident Evil, I'd go for everyday people such as the survivors from the Outbreak games. Have an episode or two establishing characters from different layers of society, and then throw them into the zombie/monster story.

Some live, some die. Some get slightly more involved in the conspiracy element of it, and perhaps that's the thread that connects one season to another. But stay away from increasingly superhuman members of a certain special forces group...

7+ Year Old Account
    Let the Wesker name die, jesus
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

eh i like the movies, never really played the games though. just give me a good R rated virus/zombie series and i'm good.... and bonus if they can do more than 1 "season" every 2 years
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

10+ Year Old Account

Nevermind, then!
    my exact reaction...
    a show about RE like outbreak would been amazing however, or deep dive in science of RE like this video
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

If I were to make a TV show out of Resident Evil, I'd go for everyday people such as the survivors from the Outbreak games. Have an episode or two establishing characters from different layers of society, and then throw them into the zombie/monster story.

Some live, some die. Some get slightly more involved in the conspiracy element of it, and perhaps that's the thread that connects one season to another. But stay away from increasingly superhuman members of a certain special forces group...
    If I had control I would start with the events leading up to the mansion. It would focus primarily on Wesker and Birkin and their experiments on the Trevor family. It woukd star Rebecca and Billy for the 2nd half of the first season ending with Rebecca making it to the spencer mansion

Season 2 would start where RE1 picks up mainly focusing on Chris and show the story of him and rebecca. It would end with them rescuing Jill and then them trying to convince the chief of the goings on.

Season 3 would star Jill and carlos for first half of season and then introduce Leon and Claire in the 2nd half.

In my mind I have this vision but it is but a dream. I don't think we will ever get what we want when it comes to these movies.