Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Patch 8.3 Hotfixes - February 20, 2020

Patch 8.3 Hotfixes - February 20, 2020
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Classes
    • Monk
      • Windwalker
        • Resolved an issue that prevented Spinning Crane Kick from tracking the correct number of targets with your Mark of the Crane active.

Dungeons and Raids
    • Return to Karazhan
      • Players should now appear in the instance’s entrance after zoning in.
    • Ny’alotha, the Waking City
      • N'Zoth the Corruptor
        • Azeroth’s Radiance now properly restores Sanity to players who are under the effects of an Immunity spell on all difficulties.

Horrific Visions

Items and Rewards
    • Ashjra'kamas, Shroud of Resolve’s active ability now resets its cooldown when a boss encounter ends.
      • Corrupted Items
        • Fixed a bug which prevented Void Ritual from scaling down to the level of the content in Timewalking.
      • Heart of Azeroth
        • Resolved an issue that prevented the correct visual effects of Worldvein Resonance Rank 4 from displaying.

Player versus Player

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Horrific Visions
    Fixed a rare issue where more than 2 Torn Page of "Fear and Flesh" could drop in a Horrific Vision.
    god forbid they make things reasonable, if you clear 4 areas you should get 4 pages.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Horrific Visions
    Fixed a rare issue where more than 2 Torn Page of "Fear and Flesh" could drop in a Horrific Vision.
    god forbid they make things reasonable, if you clear 4 areas you should get 4 pages.
    This would lower time played metrics drastically.

Gotta unsub to get the desired changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post

I really don't get the time played thing. Whether someone plays one day a week, or every day for 12 hours a day, they both still pay 15$ a month.

the hotfix ww needed ... not. Balance when ?

Hey Blizzard, another idea loose more players /rnd6 make the loot not tradable anymore and remove the loot spec, my f*king 430 is better than any other 475! This feels like Manaperls v2.0

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyah View Post
    the hotfix ww needed ... not. Balance when ?
    Mr. Balance has left 3 month ago his position at Activision

Quote Originally Posted by Varolyn View Post
    I really don't get the time played thing. Whether someone plays one day a week, or every day for 12 hours a day, they both still pay 15$ a month.
    Simple maths really. if -lets say- you need a total of 100 upgrades, it would take you twice as long if you only get 2 instead of 4 questitems per vision.
    that's what man's talking about, they are gating the whole thing behind "you can only get 2 questitems per vision" and the quest that gives the upgrade als increases the amount of questitems you need. = longer playtime in total.

Quote Originally Posted by Myranda01 View Post
    Simple maths really. if -lets say- you need a total of 100 upgrades, it would take you twice as long if you only get 2 instead of 4 questitems per vision.
    that's what man's talking about, they are gating the whole thing behind "you can only get 2 questitems per vision" and the quest that gives the upgrade als increases the amount of questitems you need. = longer playtime in total.
    But playtime is irrelevant to Blizzards earnings, only subscription is what matters. People just throw this around as a meme for everything they don't like.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    You get 2 pages because those pages come from specific areas. There is only 2 areas of each type.

The most important thing however is that everyone gets the same number of pages. I've done several full clears now of both visions, and always only received 2 pages. Either everyone gets more, or noone.
    Last edited by Nevcairiel; 2020-02-21 at 08:12 AM.

"Fixed a bug which prevented Void Ritual from scaling down to the level of the content in Timewalking."

Fun was detected. Its been fixed now. Timewalking is once again boring and tuned for... who exactly?

They should have rather fixed the common issue where not more than 2 Torn Page of "Fear and Flesh" could drop in a Horrific Vision.

Yes.

But if the guy who plays 12 hours a day finishes the content in 1 month, he won’t probably resub until new content pops out.

Almost everything time gated is made so that you can’t do X in less than Y time even if you play 24/7, so you have to continue subbing to finish what you want to finish.

Doesn't make any sense. So you think as soon as people get their clock to 15 they'll just unsub?!?

Acti-Blizzard only cares about active play time anymore. Hence all the gated bullshit they keep releasing. Have to get you to keep coming back. Being subbed doesn't mean much if you aren't on to wrack up those hours for them.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

Quote Originally Posted by reacher View Post
    Doesn't make any sense. So you think as soon as people get their clock to 15 they'll just unsub?!?
    If they make it that far..

Blizzard bases engagement from monthly active users and time played metrics.

It’d make sense if you let it.

Aw, man! I was hoping we'd get 4 pages so that I could have fun and try things with some keys. Now I'm back to saving up for next week and have barely enough to do safe and boring runs. Would it be so bad to let me play the game for fun?

It's used confuse the idiotic baby boomer investors that don't even know what video games are, they just play the numbers game on the stock market.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    Yes.

But if the guy who plays 12 hours a day finishes the content in 1 month, he won’t probably resub until new content pops out.

Almost everything time gated is made so that you can’t do X in less than Y time even if you play 24/7, so you have to continue subbing to finish what you want to finish.
    That theory falls apart when people did finish content largely in a month back in the old days of WoW but the game was fun enough to keep playing.

Time played is a bad metric because it is in no way indicative of the amount of players. Just because WoW players a lot of time played doesn't mean that isn't just a small group of dedicated players. It's basically just there to obfuscate the truth of player count to the investors.

"Fixed a rare issue where more than 2 Torn Page of "Fear and Flesh" could drop in a Horrific Vision."

Yeah I was disappointed when I found out it wasn't just a clean 1 area = 1 page to push doing more challenging areas, but at least I still get more mementos and general rewards. Seems like cloak upgrades are designed to be a low level difficulty that most people can do, while the rest is pushing yourself for more mementos/better gear and the like.

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    It's used confuse the idiotic baby boomer investors that don't even know what video games are, they just play the numbers game on the stock market.

- - - Updated - - -

That theory falls apart when people did finish content largely in a month back in the old days of WoW but the game was fun enough to keep playing.

Time played is a bad metric because it is in no way indicative of the amount of players. Just because WoW players a lot of time played doesn't mean that isn't just a small group of dedicated players. It's basically just there to obfuscate the truth of player count to the investors.
    I’m not saying it should work like this, I’m only saying it actually works like this because reasons I explained.

Apart from mythic raiding, everything which is difficult to acquire is because of time needed to do it. No skil of any type involved.

Accurate. But that's too much like thinking logically.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes.

Or the guy who finishes his cloak in 1 month might continue working on his cloak... or might play a different character... or might run keys... or might do any-fucking-thing else in the game.

The reason you're pretending that upgrading the cloak is the only thing to do in the game will forever be lost to me.

- - - Updated - - -

If they make it that far..

Blizzard bases engagement from monthly active users and time played metrics.

It’d make sense if you let it.
    No it wouldnt. Because MAUs are what they base their success on. Not much /played someone has on a single character.

- - - Updated - - -

I’m not saying it should work like this, I’m only saying it actually works like this because reasons I explained.

Apart from mythic raiding, everything which is difficult to acquire is because of time needed to do it. No skil of any type involved.
    You saying it works like this doesnt mean it does...

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    But playtime is irrelevant to Blizzards earnings, only subscription is what matters. People just throw this around as a meme for everything they don't like.

- - - Updated - - -

You get 2 pages because those pages come from specific areas. There is only 2 areas of each type.

The most important thing however is that everyone gets the same number of pages. I've done several full clears now of both visions, and always only received 2 pages. Either everyone gets more, or noone.
    You can get them from lost areas, your point is invalid.

If people can clear all four they should be able to get all 4.