Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

How I want gear to be in Shadowlands

Feel free to flame me as you see fit!

Probably a bit much to have on all gear. But ya I pretty much agree. Master looter on top of that for full guild runs would be ideal as well. Not sure how I feel about mythic gear been available every where. I don't personally care at all, wonder how it effects a player base though (I'd assume not much)

i love the idea minis one part the color on the gem slots forced id rather it be any gem slots but otherwise great idea
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokerfiend View Post
    I want to look you in the eyes as your morals fly out the window. I want to watch the righteousness leave your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by fiif View Post
    Probably a bit much to have on all gear.
    Yeah this would be the perfect storm so to speak. An item that can have absolutely everything.

I have always cherished the idea of having more sockets on gear again. It would both make gear more interesting, variable and it would make JC a bit better again.

I can already hear people already cry about the grind this would bring with it.

Personally I kind of like the idea. Glyphs should do something again.

Sounds like lots of Valor grinding. Would prefer to combine two pieces of the same gear into a higher rank one. But honestly I think fixed sockets and no rank and no tf/WF is best.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

7+ Year Old Account
    As long as the amount of these options are fixed for each item and not RNG based then I have no objections.

We could really do with having crafting get a bit more importance again(enchants, LW leg enchants, threads, gems, glyphs, engi sockets) even if it means you have to do more.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Sounds like lots of Valor grinding. Would prefer to combine two pieces of the same gear into a higher rank one. But honestly I think fixed sockets and no rank and no tf/WF is best.
    I want ranks because it gives you something to work towards. I also want item diverse for specs to be a thing. One drop is best in slot for some specs on cleave, aoe, and st. Which means getting bad rng sucks even more. When that chest can drop a total of what like 60+ items and 30 do nothing for you. Why would anyone enjoy opening that box...
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Quote Originally Posted by ViolenceJackRespectsWomen View Post
    I want rank is give you something to work towards. I also want item diverse for specs to be a thing. One drop is best in slot for some specs on cleave, aoe, and st. Which means getting bad rng sucks even more.
    "work towards" often results in you not being able to get anything unless you do whatever content 50 times... which only makes it a countdown of doing same thing over and over.

Oh, I got this piece which is technically better than my current gear, but I already upgraded it twice, so now I need to do LFR, normal, hc, dungeons and grind enough emblems to upgrade it to rank 2 before it's better...zzzzz.

Also ,I see no real difference between AP and Valor in that sense since both of them gives you something to "work towards".

"work towards" often results in you not being able to get anything unless you do whatever content 50 times... which only makes it a countdown of doing same thing over and over.

Also ,I see no real difference between AP and Valor in that sense since both of them gives you something to work towards.
    That's better than titan forging or getting the best drop and raid logging. Ap is endless but valor has an endgame.

That's better than titan forging or getting the best drop and raid logging. Ap is endless but valor has an endgame.
    Agree on titanforging, disagree on getting best drop. If I get my bis that means I can work on other pieces... I definitely do not want to do useless content that doesn't give me anything except after I've done it 50 times to gain currency. The content should be able to give me something directly.

Agree on titanforging, disagree on getting best drop. If I get my bis that means I can work on other pieces... I definitely do not want to do useless content that doesn't give me anything except after I've done it 50 times to gain currency. The content should be able to give me something directly.
    What other pieces? Only two trinkets are bis on every spec. Only one drop is bis for every spec at higher gear levels atm outside of fire mages. Most just run 1 infinite stars/twilight devastation than stack rank x increase of % of x stat.

What other pieces? Only two trinkets are bis on every spec. Only one drop is bis for every spec at higher gear levels atm.
    We got 15 slots? That's a lot of pieces.

It's well-established that Blizzard just freakin' hates giving people options in this day and age, so yeah...
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Everyone would run with the exact same set of gear for your class, might as well not have any.

Not getting better gear from harder content is a huge mistake. If you can replace skill/learning/progression with meaningless grind, then thats a horrible design.

I'm all for replacing WF/TF with an upgrade system of some fashion (and free upgrades as a proc), but higher tier content needs to have gear thats actually always better, not just better for a short time until everyone grinds it out.

The worst situation is when you have cleared normal and move on to heroic, and you already don't need any gear anymore.

And, for that matter, I like the current raid setup. Don't want that to get massively changed.
    Last edited by Nevcairiel; 2020-02-21 at 05:35 PM.

We got 15 slots? That's a lot of pieces.
    Those 15 slots are competitive for most classes though. You just want one item and that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Echocho View Post

So uh, MoP?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Echocho View Post

I agree with you but I would reduce it to 2 upgrades and make the upgrades available on all gear. i.e. 530 can go to 540, 545 to 555 and 560 to 570. basically the same as the MoP system. as for sockets, after watching an interview with Ion at Blizzcon he mentioned that sockets on Benthic gear were a mistake and not meant to be. given that statement and the fact that you can buy an item from Wrathion that gives you a socket could that be the future of sockets? where instead of the rng of it all you buy an item to put a socket on a piece of gear you feel is worthy

I doubt we will see essences again, they were definitely a BfA feature that won't be repeated in Shadowlands. the glyphs though, that is an interesting idea.