Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixark View Post
    jesus this forum gets defensive lmao. Literally none of that information, the story of the Sha, or anything close to it was revealed in the cinematic or the first patch of the game, sans one dungeon.
    The Sha and their effect on your psyche were literally revealed in Jade Forest's intro quests. What are you talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Rixark View Post
    jesus this forum gets defensive lmao. Literally none of that information, the story of the Sha, or anything close to it was revealed in the cinematic or the first patch of the game, sans one dungeon. It wasn't until about 1/3 through the expac that the story started to get dark, with the Sha of Fear and more so the entire SoO patch.
    You had guys on your team turned into raging lunatics less than a dozen quests into Jade Forest and had to have Taran Zhu keep your group from self destructing. The entire first part of the Krasarang questline was to keep an entire town from simply laying around until they died cause they didn't care anymore.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Autoriot View Post
    M
    End of MoP was bleh and only got worse with content drought:
    -The story was pretty crappy (and a lot of it told in books only), but it took a terrible turn when Garrosh went from honorable Horde leader (see Stonetalon cata quest revamps, the Gilneas stuff where he tries to stop/warn Sylvanas, etc) to crazy and racist. Of course they used the "old god corrupted him angle" which we JUST had with Deathwing, which ticked a lot of people off that they ruined such a good character.
    Garrosh wasn't honourable in Stonetalon - his first instinct was to kill everyone even vaguely involved, including the PC, and make it disappear. He had to be begged by the old Taurens who blew the whistle into not killing the player - one of the very people who helped get evidence of the wrong-doing.

Then in the Twilight Highlands invasion he ignores his expert's (the Goblin admiral) advice, and when one of his guards smacks the admiral around he lets it happen (undermining the chain of command). He has the whole airfleet go off-mission and gets it wrecked and everyone including him nearly die. Afterwards he makes no apology to the admiral for the mistreatment, and the whole thing is as if he'd planned it all along.

He was already a racial supremacist who believed in might makes right in Cata, having learned nothing from his time in Northrend.

The way his story went in MoP wasn't good, but the seeds of his awfulness were already there even in LK.

population has been on the decline since the end of wrath

and hurr durr pandas, furries, not my warcraft

Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    Pandas and 16 months of Siege of Orgrimmar, while being a good raid, yeah 16 months.
    TIL September '13 to November '14 is "16 months."

Peoples seething hatred for Panda's was a lot of it.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

I was one of those people who stopped playing mid-Cata and didn't expect things to get better in MoP, so I didn't bother. I was already disappointed in the game changes that happened in late Wrath. Looking back I probably would have enjoyed it and stayed subbed.

If you look at the graphical trend, many players come back for the "new expansion feeling", then realize its the same old shit again, and start quitting. the same will happen for shadowlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyvax View Post
    If you look at the graphical trend, many players come back for the "new expansion feeling", then realize its the same old shit again, and start quitting. the same will happen for shadowlands.
    Truly a bold and innovative statement. You mean to tell me that people sub to a game, experience the content... then unsub? Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Absintheminded View Post
    Didn't more people leave during Cata? Also, MoP didn't really get that good until Throne of Thunder.
    Cata, MoP and WoD (until they stopped reporting) had roughly the same monthly average drop as each other. MoP and WoD are skewed by having a big peak of new subs as people came to check out the new expansion but both quickly went back to what has been a pretty straight line from WotLK.

I don't know why people love Vanilla WoW so much, this chart clearly shows that the moment with the least subscribers in history was precisely in the classic. We can see there that at the beginning we had 0 players, a shame for a mmo.

5+ Year Old Account
    Slow expansion at start, mid expansion awesome and epic, ending with problems because of "forcing you to see lore outside the game", preparations for WoD.
    If you are alliance, probably MoP was the pinnacle of "my balls are epic suck it horde", while the Horde tasted the first "division", the first Horde schism in WoW and forcing people that were in league with garrosh to betray him. Whie the Cairne and Voljin fanboys were, hell yeah lets beat Garrosh.
    Pvp and Pve were amazing, the first itineration of "challenge dungeons/m+ prototypes" Mythic version and the highest hardcore raiding.

MoP was just... problem with player agency. Thats all, Lore was amazing, systems were amazing, the foundation of amazing things. Yet. Was the first time players had problem with the straight forward decisions of their characters.

Wich was reflected on BfA with the people that opted to fight for Sylvannas vs the Saurfang rebels.

The only thing that brought me back was that you could make enough gold in-game to buy a token. Its kinda a game. If I ever ran out of gold and game time, I walk away. instead the gold was coming in so much that I built up like over 6 months of game time and used gold to buy xpacs.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

I dropped out early from MoP.
    Honestly, I was sick of the max level zones being washed out colorwize, dark, gloomy with less interesting enemies.
    Thats what I like about modern WoW: Every zone is relevant longer, so you arent stuck with one vibe.
    I know it sounds stupid ;p And that MoP was more colourfull than many others.

Also, I strugglef following the lore with all the asian-ish names: Who was Ling? Who was Ping? We have a Ping-Ling now? Wait, didnt I fight Chu-chang in the last zone? Or was that Chong-gong?

I'm skipping the last bunch of pages so if somebody mentioned this already mea culpa.

WotLK on the PvE side was easier than TBC in this regard; it was an AOE palooza. So when Cata hit and they changed
    things people quit in droves because it stopped being as rewarding. It wasn't until MoP that I finally figured it out that the
    changes I saw in going from TBC to WotLK weren't to get it "right" but rather change for change's sake, and to keep the
    game "fresh". That may have kept some people subbing but it drove others away. That's half of what happened.

The other half is that the Tsunami of new subs stopped with Cata and to be frank we won't ever get new people again like
    we used to. Especially with a game that is getting flat out unfriendly to new players. As always YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    You cannot compare 7.3 to 8.3 because corruption did not exist at the start of expansion while legiondaries did.

Waking essences did not exist for mains. Literally it did not exist. You could not buy anything for your class because you have been already done with that shit rng because it lasted over a year of farming.

Nuts? tell that to max https://www.twitch.tv/videos/553171289?t=1h21m59s
    Irrelevant, expansions are in beta and we are testers before x.3.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Malikath View Post
    A reminder, MoP circa ToT to SoO was the ONLY TIME SINCE WRATH TO NOT LOSE SUBS.
    And a great time it was!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by anubisdark View Post
    I left during MOP because of scenarios. I misunderstood what they would be. I thought they would be an end game path for people who prefer to solo. They were not, dungeons and raids remained the only path and I cant stand people.
    Sadface, you might have tried, pvp, tho. I only liked the lore based solo scenarios in Isle of Thunder.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    I'm sorry. Are we supposed to let streamers decide our viewpoints like you apparently do? What's next? A link to some bullshit clickbait by asmongold? Lol
    Did not even watch this stream, because i can come up with like 20 other streams and blogs telling people 8.3. RNG is trash and the worst ever making titanforging pale in comparission.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post
    Irrelevant, expansions are in beta and we are testers before x.3.

- - - Updated - - -

And a great time it was!

- - - Updated - - -

Sadface, you might have tried, pvp, tho. I only liked the lore based solo scenarios in Isle of Thunder.

- - - Updated - - -

Did not even watch this stream, because i can come up with like 20 other streams and blogs telling people 8.3. RNG is trash and the worst ever making titanforging pale in comparission.
    i guess the concept of expanding a system is foreign to you

Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    i guess the concept of expanding a system is foreign to you
    And learning from the past foreign for ......blizz?

Why no wakening essences for corruption gear, we tested a better system about that kind of gear in legion, allready. People should stop to make excuses for bad designs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post
    And learning from the past foreign for ......blizz?

Why no wakening essences for corruption gear, we tested a better system about that kind of gear in legion, allready. People should stop to make excuses for bad designs.
    Everything in a MMO does not need to be deterministic. Corrupted gear on a vendor would mean players grind their best Corruption then quit. ("BUT I WOULDN'T" is not a valid response because, surprisingly, your singular opinion does not qualify the engagement data Blizzard surely has on such a system.) That said, the current acquisition methods of Corrupted gear can certainly be improved and since Blizzard sees the system as a successful experiment they are likely going to tackle that in SL.
    Last edited by Relapses; 2020-02-21 at 06:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought MoP blew. It's right down at the bottom with TBC, WoD, and BfA. All those expansions made me quit for extended lengths of time.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect