Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I'm surprised people enjoyed this much the zones of Bfa.
    Some of them were very nice, Voldun for exemple, but for most of them, they are really lacking some polish and lightwork, what you exept from zones like nazmir and drustvar....

And one of my major complaints against those zones is the music, way better than legions but far inferior of draenor.

What made me enjoy some of the zones in Legion is that they've made some puzzles and games that encouraged me to search through the zones to find some hidden places and neat things all across the region. I jave the hippogryph cristals of azsuna in mind. But there was no similar reason to explore the land in Bfa. All treasors didn't matter, whereas in Wod you were jumping everywhere for those with some small unique rewards!

For me, they screwed up the zones in Bfa, you can feel that they put some time in them, but rushed some elements that worked well in previous expansions

10+ Year Old Account
    I've enjoyed BFA. It didn't hook me at first - I stopped playing for about 3 and a half months, until KT/Zandalari were available. But I've played pretty regularly ever since.

As usual the art and music have been top notch, I really enjoyed some of the stories and most of the raids have been on point. I also really enjoy M+ with friends - there are some great dungeons (though some I hate) with mechanics that matter.

I loved everything about Mechagon, from the zone itself to the mega-dungeon to the mechagnome race it gave us. The abundance of allied races made most of the patches pretty exciting in general, as others have said. I really hope they continue to add them.

Assaults and WQ emissaries have been great for gearing up alts, and I think the essences added some really fun gameplay. Horrific visions/assaults have been pretty fun too, though I'm not sure I will love them 3, 4, 5 months from now.

Overall, its been a solid 7/10 expansion for me. Good, not great.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skildar View Post
    I'm surprised people enjoyed this much the zones of Bfa.
    Some of them were very nice, Voldun for exemple, but for most of them, they are really lacking some polish and lightwork, what you exept from zones like nazmir and drustvar....

And one of my major complaints against those zones is the music, way better than legions but far inferior of draenor.
    Its almost like different people have different preferences or something. Crazy, right?
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Loved:
    Thornspeakers
    All original zones except Nazmir (wich should just be a part of zuldazar if you ask me)
    Calia
    Flynn/Taelia
    Not being able to fly in Nazjatar. Loved being trapped by caves and cliffs.
    Allied races
    Boralus
    Music
    Raids
    The story
    Belive it or not: expeditions.
    Warfronts the first 10 times
    NightWarrior scenario

So personaly, I did enjoy alot lf it.
    Theres just too many systems for me and it felt slow-paced

BfA would've been great but for two reasons, and these two reasons completely messed things up:

1) Hilariously bad gearing systems on systems on systems
    2) Azerite Power having to be grinded from Islands, instead of being more like Legion's AP which was basically an XP bar in disguise.

They never fixed it. At this point 2) is moot as people are reaching level 80, but 1) is a major problem still, and both of them combined definitely soured the expansion for everybody.

The expansion otherwise was on par or in some cases better than Legion, because it was very similar to Legion but bigger and a bunch of cool stuff, such as Allied Races, thrown on top.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Its almost like different people have different preferences or something. Crazy, right?
    yes, so why trying to belittle me?

Sorry, I will not miss it.
    We probably like to play the game differently and have different expectations.

Yeah I also enjoyed BfA for the most part, hoping that SL will at least be as good or maybe better.

For me islands were a good idea but poorly implemented the same with war friends in fact if you just look at the content that we’re friends allow and taken to the fact that there is a heroic version then they are great blizzard should’ve given us the PVP version that they talked about

The downsides of this expansion can pretty much be summed up as it being a great content expansion with shitty systems

Stood in the Fire ArkantosChampion's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to miss
    Allied races
    Cool looking locations
    Amazing locations q/storylines
    Bounty Hunter / Supplies drop System
    Bwonsamdi
    Uldir and BOD Raids
    Dungeons
    First impression of "Expeditions, Horrific Visions"
    I'm a normal text, I'm a bold text.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishayu View Post
    2) Azerite Power having to be grinded from Islands, instead of being more like Legion's AP which was basically an XP bar in disguise.
    I never touched islands more weeks than I did them and my neck was always capped before they raised it so I see this point as invalid.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Theres nothing to miss from the most trash expansion in mmo history.

10+ Year Old Account
    I won't. Everything they implemented in BfA was terrible except for War Mode which I neither love nor hate.

I also think BFA is a lot better than people give it credit for. Great set of dungeons, raids have been solid and I feel most of the problems are fairly minor. Like sure, essences not being account wide is a minor annoyance but it doesn't affect me playing my main character and when I play my alts I know I have to grind things out anyways so it's really no biggie for me. There's been expansions where the gameplay has been arguably better but lack of content OR boring/easy content has dragged it down. For me, WotLK being so popular is mindboggling because as a PVE:er I don't think the game has ever been easier. So I think it depends what you really care about in the game. For me the actual content is what matters the most since it's the stuff I spend time doing. Others might not care if dungeons/raids are boring or easy if their class is fun to play or w/e.

WoD is still by far the worst for me but I would still argue PVE-wise it was solid. The raids (despite only being 3 of them) were great and the dungeons were fine. Still, in contrast to BFA it just missed the mark in so many other areas. BFA for me is like a 'fine' middle-of-the pack expansion. It's not one of the best, it's not one of the worst. I'd rather keep playing BFA than play WotLK or WoD again, but it still has a bunch of flaws compared to the really good expansions.

I think 8.0 was probably my least favorite patch in the entirety of WoW since I started playing (08). My spec was completely gutted (holy Paladin) and was very slow, the leveling was abysmal as in you gained nothing while losing legendaries/Tier/etc, uldir was a decent tier with a few issues (mythrax and fetid being horribly designed originally) and the AP grind was even worse due to how azerite interacted with getting AP and how shit azerite was at the start.

The expansion got better overtime but it still isn’t good imo. Alts are very hard to sustain, corruption is just as RNG as TF with more of an impact (but is so close to being amazing, just make corruption targetable!) and my spec feels a lot better.

I look forward to shadowlands as most of my issues with this expansion seem to be getting resolved but I’m going to be cautious until I see more. Need to see class design and how all the systems play out during beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Northelim View Post
    Yeah I can kind of understand that. The Sylvanas thing has been happening for a while now, since the Cata days I believe? Well into legion, then most of her in BFA and even more in Shadowlands. However, with the jailer being the new end boss/villain I have a strong feelingbthat there is something bigger going on. I don't know why but I have a feeling that Arthas will be coming back in some shape or form and I deeply hope it won't be a redemption arc lol.
    Hell, if they had already announced Arthas would be playing a pivotal role, I would be excited just based on that. He's the face of this game. That's why I'm having a hard time getting hyped for Shadowlands. The face of its expansion is a character whose arc I'm already sick of due to over-exposure, and the other villain, I know little to nothing about, and while the mystery may be fun for some to uncover, I've never been big on mysteries. lol

Now if it turned out The Jailer was Arthas, and even Sylvanas was ignorant to the fact, I'd be left eating crow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Hell, if they had already announced Arthas would be playing a pivotal role, I would be excited just based on that. He's the face of this game. That's why I'm having a hard time getting hyped for Shadowlands. The face of its expansion is a character whose arc I'm already sick of due to over-exposure, and the other villain, I know little to nothing about, and while the mystery may be fun for some to uncover, I've never been big on mysteries. lol

Now if it turned out The Jailer was Arthas, and even Sylvanas was ignorant to the fact, I'd be left eating crow.
    The Jailer is NOT Arthas. Blizzard confirmed at Blizzcon that it's a new character to the lore. However, what's being jailed itself is a whole different story. It seems that the souls are feeding something and it will be getting out. Some people predict that its Yogg Saron since he is the God of Death and we never killed him, just suppressed him.

We also know for a fact we will meet with Uther's soul from the Kyrian Covenant because that's where he was accepted and Kael'thas with the Venthyr. Old school toons lore hype. Oh and we will be crafting legendaries at same forge where Arthas's armor and Froustmourne was created. How much you wanna bet we will be crafting a nee Helm of Dominiation? Also, where is Arthas's soul and does it even exist?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skildar View Post
    yes, so why trying to belittle me?
    Wasn't an act of belittlement as much as my continued astonishment at people who post what basically amounts to 'I cannot understand why people don't feel the way I feel about everything.'

I mean, there's tons of popular things that I hate (not just about WoW), but you'll never see me expressing astonishment that lots of other people like those things.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    I also think BFA is a lot better than people give it credit for. Great set of dungeons, raids have been solid and I feel most of the problems are fairly minor....
    Well most "minor" problems are, systems and class design, witch are the CORE of every expac. Raids, dungeons, great art, music, etc, are not core, they are always good to great, but, systems and classes is where the fun is, and BFA failed on that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    blows my mind how anyone could actualy prefer dailies over wq's,funeling a bunch of players in one small zone with objects only one person can click on(why even do this?other quests are mass usable)
    Both are not that fun to do but if you want the rewards you need to do them. Dailies are boring and mindless but that's why i like them more. Most of the dailies for that zone are in one place. You go to the quest givers, go to the same places you need to go, do the same thing as before, then hand them in. That may sound boring and repetitive, and it is, but it lets me zone out because i've done this 100 times before.

World quests are must the same, boring and repetitive, but they are random and spread out all over the zone. When i did dailies i would like to get into a rhythm of do this quest, do this quest, do this quest, hand them in. It made it feel like it was taking less time then world quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Wasn't an act of belittlement as much as my continued astonishment at people who post what basically amounts to 'I cannot understand why people don't feel the way I feel about everything.'

I mean, there's tons of popular things that I hate (not just about WoW), but you'll never see me expressing astonishment that lots of other people like those things.
    so you cannot read as my statement starts with "I'm surprised some people liked..." and not "I cannot understand that some people liked..."