Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    So doing even the slightest bit of snooping I found this

https://mobile.twitter.com/gescott01...80586030354432
    Hopefully mobile link works on desktops.

Kinda seems like your just super gullible and bought into something comply unrelated.

- - - Updated - - -

Apperntly she wrote the story that was the basis of the movie 15 years ago. She then made some post comply unrelated to BOP and people just went with it because there to stupid to check any thing them selfs I guess.
    Yup. Gail is a complete troll on twitter. Read her posts. This had nothing to do with BoP, and anyone insulted by it seems to think that it hits way too close to home.

A lot of people being told what to think rather than actually getting educated.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    Yup. Gail is a complete troll on twitter. Read her posts. This had nothing to do with BoP, and anyone insulted by it seems to think that it hits way too close to home.

A lot of people being told what to think rather than actually getting educated.
    The thin skinned go looking for reasons to be upset by and they never come back empty handed it seems.

Watched it last night.

Margot Robbie was right on the money.
    Ella Basco was also pretty good but if you're going to use the number Cassandra Cain, you should probably do a better job of showing someone who has the potential of being one of the world's scariest assassins.
    Mary Winstead, Ewan McGregor, Rosie Perez and Jurnee Smollett-Bell were fine but the first 3 have been better elsewhere.
    Chris Messina needs to take Zsasz lessons from Anthony Corrigan.

I walked into it expecting a dumb-action flick carried by its lead actor and got what I expected. Some of its fight scenes were over the top in ways that are appropriate for the character. I'd put the movie somewhere in between Suicide Squad and Deadpool in terms of quality.

Fails:
    If you're going to hire a professional comedian for a role you should probably make her do something actually funny.
    No cameo from Jared Leto, Ben Affleck or Viola Davis.
    Renee Montoya needs to fight crime in a fedora.

Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    So would you be willing to give money to an actor that is an alt right extremist? If that answer is no, you're already a hypocrite.
    As long as they willing to keep it within the law, yes. Alt-Left extremist as well for that matter.

And no, even the marketing was woke as fuck.
    Tbh I didn't see any of the marketing. But frankly it would have to 1) get awfully bad and 2) come from Disney and not just Brie, for it to affect me at all.

Also, that wasn't the theme. The theme was "by the power of vagina and bullshit powers I'm better than everyone"
    Sorry, did not read any of that into the movie I saw.

A lot of people are hating the film for no reason here, while others are liking it without actually knowing about the Birds of Prey. I'm not watching this because of my hatred for the DCEU (Despite seeing Shazam, which is pretty good), so honestly seeing these reviews is hilarious. My personal issue with this film is how clearly this is a Harley Film, and how none of the BoP look like the BoP. Why does Cassandra look like that? Yeesh.

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    A lot of people are hating the film for no reason here, while others are liking it without actually knowing about the Birds of Prey. I'm not watching this because of my hatred for the DCEU (Despite seeing Shazam, which is pretty good), so honestly seeing these reviews is hilarious. My personal issue with this film is how clearly this is a Harley Film, and how none of the BoP look like the BoP. Why does Cassandra look like that? Yeesh.
    I said it earlier, but I think the costumes that everyone's whining about are meant to look kind of makeshift, like the 'red hoodie' phase of Spiderman's career. You're not going to see the panties and thighboots look for any of them, probably, because that's just not a look that plays anymore.

15+ Year Old Account
    I just saw this movie and while Margot Robbie is just perfect as Harley, the whole movie is packed with feminism. From women-only team beating up males (who are shown in every possible bad light) to feminist soundtrack.
    My rating is 4 vaginas out of 10.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    I just saw this movie and while Margot Robbie is just perfect as Harley, the whole movie is packed with feminism. From women-only team beating up males (who are shown in every possible bad light) to feminist soundtrack.
    Since some one bumped the thread I’d like to reiterate that as far as good to bad males and females go there are 4 good men in the movie and only 5 good women in it. Not nearly as one sided as people make it out to be.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Since some one bumped the thread I’d like to reiterate that as far as good to bad males and females go there are 4 good men in the movie and only 5 good women in it. Not nearly as one sided as people make it out to be.
    And how many bad women and bad men?
    We have all from violent men, to rapists, to "trustworthy men who abandon women in need".
    Not a single bad woman.

Don't make it less than it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    What in the world is a "feminist soundtrack?" I swear these people are looking so hard for things to dislike that they are just making things up now.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    What in the world is a "feminist soundtrack?" I swear these people are looking so hard for things to dislike that they are just making things up now.
    If I had to guess I would say anyone of Beyonce's songs

15+ Year Old Account
    Making things up? Haha
    Look up the soundtrack.
    The whole movie is about women, even the soundtrack.
    I'm all for equality, but feminism can kiss my ass.

"I am strong
    Strong!
    I am invincible
    Invincible!
    I am woman!

Like that?

Not a single bad woman.
    If you ignore Harley, Huntress, Canary and Cassie then there are no bad women in this movie.

7+ Year Old Account
    And how many bad women and bad men?
    We have all from violent men, to rapists, to "trustworthy men who abandon women in need".
    Not a single bad woman.

Don't make it less than it is.
    did you not watch the movie or something? there was a women who tried to crush harley with something out of a window, a woman in a car chasing cassy and harley, women goons when harley is captured by black mask, the woman who sold out the cop, ect. they also vary from just being bitches to harley like the women at the start of the movie to backstabing to murderous physcos shooting form cars. the ratio might be rather different but there was plenty of bad woman.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2020-04-12 at 12:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Making things up? Haha
    Look up the soundtrack.
    The whole movie is about women, even the soundtrack.
    I'm all for equality, but feminism can kiss my ass.
    What makes it feminist? I admit, I don't no a thing about any of the artists on the soundtrack, are they all known for their political views or otherwise outspoken about that kind of thing? Or it is quite literally just the fact that they are all female artists? Because if it is the later, that might be the single most pathetic thing I have heard in some time. Have we seriously reached that point? Where there are people who think supporting females is bad? It is a comic book movie about an all-female group. Having the soundtrack be all female seems like a pretty basic marketing maneuver to me.

And let me back track here a bit. Why is something being feminism bad anyways? Being pro-female isn't the same as being anti-male. Now, there are some feminists out there who do think like that, but they are just as big of jackasses as the people who act as if anything female-focused is an attack on their manhood or something.

The statement "I'm all for equality, but feminism can kiss my ass." is pretty god damn ironic.

The statement "I'm all for equality, but feminism can kiss my ass." is pretty god damn ironic.
    Considering modern feminism is more about female superiority than actual equality I'd say his statement is pretty spot on. Most feminists these days are the militant "men are the devil" and "equality for everyone, but not for men" kind, and that is exactly how modern TV/Movies is built as well. Every single time a series or movie paints something with female empowerment, it's always at the cost of painting men in the worst possible light.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Since this just seemed to be bumped so people could air out their forbidden and off topic thoughts I am closing this. Do not bring these subjects into other threads.