Would love to see Class Halls come back

Been playing since launch, and one of my fav expansion was Legion, mostly for the Class Halls, and cool quest lines, and getting class specific mounts to get, and weapon appearance unlocks, etc...

I loved the feel of going into your Class Hall, with just your specific character class only, it felt like home, and was so cool. And story quests that went with that.

Wish this would come back.

Same here, that and Artifact Weapons! They were the main features I miss from Legion and felt could have improved BfA's class design, which without Artifact weapons is a little bland.

I liked them as well, nice little flair for each class. Only thing I didn't care for about them was our characters being the head of the order.

I don't know why they didn't just let us keep them. Adding new abilities / talents that you put into. All of the abilities you gain from legion kinda just become built in. Adding new appearances / challenges to keep it fresh. But these are Artifacts.. the most powerful weapons. But nope. Had to pull the whole "nah you use their power to stop the blade and they kinda become just basic weapons that are weaker then the next expansions weapons?".

10+ Year Old Account
    Class specific quest-lines are cool. I would like to see that come back, order halls or not.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, thanks to class hubs every alt felt different, even if class unique content was doable in few hours (if we remove "do X mission table" or "complete 20 world quests" timegates.

BfA had some of this as well, but it required toon on opposide side, which - unlike other class alt - wasn't practical. But it felt like second expansion if you bothered to do it

SL seems to have something in between - 4 different hubs and this time our class or faction won't determine our choice.

Class Halls were great! Covenant got something like it, but as people said, 4 "halls" instead of 12. But each with a different theme, rewards and shit. Which is awesome when it comes to alts.

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly felt the class halls were detrimental and insipid. They caused too much detachment and in many cases, offered very little relevance to the actual class due to the location or structure of the supposed "hall"

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    What really bothered me, was how there wasn't a quest, story or explanation as to what really happened when we left the Order Hall. I mean, are we still the High Lord (or whatever title), did we pass on the mantle to go fight each other once again? What really happened to the artifacts, we know what happened to one or two but what about the rest? The fact that Blizzard just dropped this was quite the letdown.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    While class specific quests are cool, the class halls didn't add anything to the game, at all.

For all the classes that didn't have class hall in Dalaran (Druid, DH, Hunter, Monk, DK, Warrior, maybe more I can't remember), it felt detached that you needed to physically leave Dalaran to go to your hall.

The whole class quest thing, could easily have been handled without the class hall,
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

10+ Year Old Account
    Agreed, I miss Class Halls. I wonder if we'll ever see anything similar make it into the game.

Please bring back some class specific content.
    In terms of class fantasy, BFA was a full braking.
    Just play one horde and one alliance character instead of every class for some unique content. Disappointing.

I loved the class halls and AF weapons with its own storries as well! Starting BFA I felt like the core of each class was ripped and that void never was filled again sufficiently. I'd love to have it back in one form or another because each class felt more epic in a way.

Aren't covenants suppose to be the new class halls? Also as cool as the artifact weapon was, that means they'd have to reintroduce a new AP grinding mechanic to level it up. Which I've personally had enough of.

Its rather odd that in Legion we were hailed as the new leaders of our class, then the following expansion you see nobody back from your class hall who were supposed to be in your service. As a death knight I should be able to fly around with Acherus and summon the Four Horsemen by my side if I wanted to.

I never really liked the idea that a single player character is being seen as the big hero while every heroic deed you've done, from Ragnaros all the way to Archimonde (at the time Legion launched), is done with a group of other players. It feels out of place that only you would get the sole credit, its more fitting for singleplayer RPG's.

As for class halls I wouldn't mind seeing them back but it would be boring to just revisit the same places that you already did every quest for in Legion. I'd rather see the actual order move out and make a new settlement somewhere in the new expansion. Like paladins and priest can settle in the zone Uther resides, death knights and warlocks in Maldraxxus etc. Some kind of story continuation and getting to see familiar faces again would be really nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phayde View Post
    I liked them as well, nice little flair for each class. Only thing I didn't care for about them was our characters being the head of the order.
    That's how I felt. WoW has leaned too hard into 'YOU, THE PLAYER, ARE SPECIAL' these days, acting like we're the single hero in the story instead of one of many heroes. That is one of the things about modern WoW that I seriously dislike.

You are the commander! You are the leader of the order hall! You are Azeroth's personal champion! Even Wrathion, when you recover the scales of Onyxia and Nefarion, says "I entrust the scales to you, champion." Okay, well what about the other 5 million people that want a cloak?
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2020-02-21 at 07:30 PM.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    That's how I felt. WoW has leaned too hard into 'YOU, THE PLAYER, ARE SPECIAL' these days, acting like we're the single hero in the story instead of one of many heroes. That is one of the things about modern WoW that I seriously dislike.

You are the commander! You are the leader of the order hall! You are Azeroth's personal champion! Even Wrathion, when you recover the scales of Onyxia and Nefarion, says "I entrust the scales to you, champion." Okay, well what about the other 5 million people that want a cloak?
    To me it would have made more sense to have players be part of something like a spec ops team instead of being the "leader", which would explain everyone being in the hall, artifacts aside.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phayde View Post
    To me it would have made more sense to have players be part of something like a spec ops team instead of being the "leader", which would explain everyone being in the hall, artifacts aside.
    Exactly.

/10char
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.