Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    All I got from righties on Facebook:
    Pretty funny start, and then political, but not misleading.
    What is the point of this exercise? I live in a very conservative state where most of my family and friends are conservative. Are you attempting to convince me reality isn't real? Or what?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    What is the point of this exercise? I live in a very conservative state where most of my family and friends are conservative. Are you attempting to convince me reality isn't real? Or what?
    Don't forget that a study found last year found that most fake news spread on Twitter was spread by older conservatives.

Two studies, actually.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty funny start, and then political, but not misleading.
    You just gonna ignore the two women, gay man, and Jewish person in the picture, huh.

"I don't see color." - People who only see color

So yes, highly misleading.
    Last edited by Elegiac; 2020-02-22 at 02:31 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    You just gonna ignore the two women, gay man, and Jewish person in the picture, huh.

"I don't see color." - People who only see color.

So yes, highly misleading.
    I guess now that you mention it, it doesn't include all the different kinds of diversity. My whole take with these though is that if you believe this stuff unresearched, you don't really care. I can't speculate on how reflecting all the different kinds of diversity could influence people's reactions looking at the meme, but I know that laughter wouldn't be one of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess now that you mention it, it doesn't include all the different kinds of diversity. My whole take with these though is that if you believe this stuff unresearched, you don't really care. I can't speculate on how reflecting all the different kinds of diversity could influence people's reactions looking at the meme, but I know that laughter wouldn't be one of them.
    And you'd be wrong, which is precisely why racial caricatures are considered problematic. It's not whether or not it is true, it is the worldview it furnishes; and in this case, that the Republicans are somehow more diverse than the Democrats. Which is abjectly counterfactual by every metric.

Also can you imagine a media environment not being vetted for misleading information making people more vulnerable to being deceived. :surprisedpikachu:
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

No your whole point was to post 2 pictures and try to use it to convince us the 99% of other stuff wasn't actually happening. If that wasn't your point, then I don't know what your point was.

There was no effective or reasonable argument you could make by posting those pictures.

7+ Year Old Account
    Better to be a liar than a Democrat.

I find that surprising with how much meme disinformation gets shared along with a quip of outrage from my left wing Facebook friends. All the right wing memes are mostly jokes.
    So the lies are meant to be jokes? That's what you're going with? Even for you that's just a terrible attempt.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866