Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I just wanna be able to look at a new piece of gear and within 10-20 sec understand if its an upgrade. I dont wanna haft to rely on bloodmallet or raidbots.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    I just wanna be able to look at a new piece of gear and within 10-20 sec understand if its an upgrade. I dont wanna haft to rely on bloodmallet or raidbots.
    Please dont repeat Blizzard's excuses to make a braindead game.
    That "philosophy" is used as an excuse to kill all kind of customization and freedom.

You are never supposed to understand if a piece is an upgrade just by looking at it, without studying on the internet first.
    I mean...every single person on planet earth needs to open google to know stat priority at least once in their life.
    So there is no reason to make itemization boring...

Boring itemization only means opening google "less times". Thats true.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Please dont repeat Blizzard's excuses to make a braindead game.
    That "philosophy" is used as an excuse to kill all kind of customization and freedom.

You are never supposed to understand if a piece is an upgrade just by looking at it, without studying on the internet first.
    I mean...every single person on planet earth needs to open google to know stat priority at least once in their life.
    So there is no reason to make itemization boring...

Boring itemization only means opening google "less times". Thats true.
    No, just no. We disagree and thats fine. I've been playing since classic so I know what gear we used to have...Some gear was still hard to figure out, but was more...balanced. I liked it that way - Maybe Diablo 3 gear is boring these days, and you rather want gear like Grim Dawn or PoE, but I dont really....

No, just no. We disagree and thats fine. I've been playing since classic so I know what gear we used to have...Some gear was still hard to figure out, but was more...balanced. I liked it that way - Maybe Diablo 3 gear is boring these days, and you rather want gear like Grim Dawn or PoE, but I dont really....
    By making gearing more obvious than ever before, the only good thing you are doing is having to check google only ONCE.
    But the "philosophy" that comes with this...also DESTROYS all customization and freedom.

I just hate it

We disagree and thats fine. You are right.

Examples of this philosphy destroying customization:
    -Full gemming stamina and other weird stats to create an unique build
    -Not having enchants and creating weird builds
    -Not having talent trees...and creating weird builds

Im a huge lover of creating your own crazy snowflake playstyle and this phylosophy and argument Blizzard uses makes me mad...sorry for pushing my anger into you.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Go ahead and describe to the class how exactly gear can be effort-rewarded with M+ existing. Raiders will simply only ever do M+ to get their BiS. Corrupted gear acquisition rates suck but it's a necessary evil to keep raid gear relevant.

If your solution is to delete M+... well. Good luck on that front. :^)
    I see your point but it's not my job to describe a solution here, simply to voice my complaints about this awful system.

Ion and his cronies need to find that solution. That's what they are being paid for. I'm not designing the game for them for free.

Quote Originally Posted by Clickbait Mick View Post
    I see your point but it's not my job to describe a solution here, simply to voice my complaints about this awful system.

Ion and his cronies need to find that solution. That's what they are being paid for. I'm not designing the game for them for free.
    But providing custom solutions is the best feedback.

The corruption system is a great example for this. People hated WF/TF RNG, But some form of RNG has to be present, so TECHNICALLY they reduced the RNG a lot, yet people complain even more 'cause they don't understand that their gear will be miles better within a short period of time than with titanforging. The system has weaknesses, but RNG is not one of them, but still the major complaint.

The community feedback is awful and opinions like yours are a reason for this.

Bring back socketed gear!!@

JC has been such a useless profession ever since they made sockets RNG...
    Last edited by Daedius; 2020-02-21 at 11:33 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Echocho View Post

Feel free to flame me as you see fit!
    I like part of what you're going for with this idea, but I don't like all of it.
    —As a Jewelcrafter, I don't like the socket idea for several reasons. First, gems aren't really as ... interesting as they were when colored sockets were a thing. Back in Burning Crusade, Red / Yellow / Blue were each a stat and Green / Orange / Purple were a hybrid of stats. As the Jewelcrafting system currently stands, you would basically be forcing players to use a red gem (which currently has, like, movement speed associated with it), then a blue gem, and finally a yellow gem (which is currently haste).

—You don't really explain what Minor Gylphs will do. Currently, Gylphs are all cosmetic things. Are you asking for cosmetics to be locked behind item level, or are you suggesting the implementation of something more like what gylphs were prior to Warlords of Draenor (aka a power boosting thing).

—This system sort of hoses Jewelcrafters and Scribes, because their best-selling items would basically be sellable only to the highest-end players (Mythic and Heroic raiders), with only a few casual players getting lucky enough to have more than one socket on their gear. Scribes would be at it even worse than Jewelcrafters since a scribe's item would ONLY be useful to players who have access to that highest-end gear.

—Essence Slots on gear is NOT a good idea. The big reason is that it essentially creates the same loop that Azerite Armor gear has right now. Being "I go into a new raid. An item drops that I want. I can't wear the new item right now because doing so will break my set, which will cause me to lose my cool set power and ultimately end up being a downgrade for me." When people say they want set bonuses back, I'm not sure if they remember how infuriating it was to break (and lose) that set bonus. This system solves the essence issue for established players, but it doesn't solve the issue that essences are all over the place in how long it takes to learn them. For example, you can unlock Rank 2 of Focusing Iris with two Mythic dungeon runs; about an hour of work if you have guildies carry you. But for Memory of Lucid Dreams Rank 2, you currently need 2,400 XP in Nazjatar which takes 8 days of dailies to unlock.

wow has gone too far on gear complexity.

Gear shall stay simple and all these upgrades (glyphs, essences, etc. ) should be bound to character themselves, instead of bound to a piece of gear.

Old glyph system (prime, major, minor) bound to character is much better than the Azerite gear, essences, corruption, etc. everything bound to gear system in BFA.

Make the character more powerful via progression, not the gear.

I am all for more sockets, more enchants, both enchanting and other profs. Like leatherworking kits, inscriptions etc

Exactly. today's gear is unnecessarily over-complicated to the degree of meaningless.

With more than 10 azerite traits, essences, corruption procs simultaneously all the time, there is no way for players to do any meaningful test in game.

I has become a game of checking 3rd party website, guide, sim, etc. without any meaningful thinking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Echocho View Post
    Feel free to flame me as you see fit!
    Wishful thinking at its finest.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    Except normal raiders would never earn enough valor to afford the upgrades.

So it actually would be bad luck protection where mythic raiders can reclear normal, get an item and upgrade it if mythic is being dumb about dropping it.

- - - Updated - - -

Exact opposite, actually. All RNG would be countered by spending "valor points" so while you could get lucky early on, a mythic raider would have a date by which they'd be guaranteed to be fully geared / done.

And at some point part way through the tier, heroic raiders could be "half mythic geared" to boost their prog, but never get fully mythic geared without running mythic. Same with normal -> heroic.
    I'll believe when I see it, Blizzard isn't exactly overflowing honesty and good will these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Why not have both? Either combine two pieces or upgrade through currency.
    Any currency that's farmable gives incentive to do the max currency per time spent content on repeat. See island expeditions. Best way to get AP, horrible and not fun to grind.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by ashblond View Post
    Exactly. today's gear is unnecessarily over-complicated to the degree of meaningless.

With more than 10 azerite traits, essences, corruption procs simultaneously all the time, there is no way for players to do any meaningful test in game.

I has become a game of checking 3rd party website, guide, sim, etc. without any meaningful thinking.
    Yes please. I don't think or experiment now - I just use bloodmallet or raidbots...No reforge to tinker with hit cap, or going full stam or agi, or armor penetration etc.

Maybe a deconstructed can produce raw materials and valor from unwanted pieces? And enchanted can get the same by DEing.

I like that most can be enchanted and socketed, maybe I'd lower the exact amount to not make each new drop an entire project. But if i got it right all loot can be made mythic quality ilvl if you just farm enough valor points? I think that's not so great, even if the farm is long. Its a good thing the hardest content gives the best reward.

M+ had to give good loot to not incentivize m+ lovers to raid if they don't want to, so that's an exception, but if i had my way m+ and pvp items would have somewhat low base ilvl (say around 460 in today's terms), but scale much higher in their respective instanced content (dungeons and instanced pvp), say to 480 ilvl in today's terms for the highest m+ and arena rewards, maybe 470 for non rated pvp rewards. Low m+ keys can remain with low ilvl loot ass they are cuzz it keeps a fun sense of progress This would give each player a good reward system for his favourite type of content that doesn't intrude on others, whilst remaining fun for those who like to dabble in all.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Any currency that's farmable gives incentive to do the max currency per time spent content on repeat. See island expeditions. Best way to get AP, horrible and not fun to grind.
    It doesn't need to be a big cap though. I mean, I didn't have a problem with getting valor in previous expansions. It's also a good way to make older content valid.

It doesn't need to be a big cap though. I mean, I didn't have a problem with getting valor in previous expansions. It's also a good way to make older content valid.
    if older content is not engaging, then there is no reason to make it relevant.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

It doesnt make old content engaging, it makes old content necessary.
    And as true as it is that i somewhat enjoyed my weekly runs of Emerald Nightmare in Legion, i don't think it was a good idea.
    The world revamp dream will never die!