Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    That sounds even worse. A good story needs a good end. If it never ends then it just starts to suck.
    It ends when the company goes out of business or they stop the UP, it is more about the journey for these projects, the aim of products like this is to keep players subscribed indefinitely.

Their are many endings and many beginnings.. WC3 was an ending - so many races got new chapters at the end of that, like the Night elves whose long vigil and isolation ended as well as their immortality. Wc3 was also a beginning, the new reformed Orcish horde led by Thrall was formed here.

The courge invasion of Quel'thalas was both an edniing of sorts and a beginning of the blood elves, TBC restoration of the Sunwell was an ending.. one of the only good and strong endings to.

Life did not end when WW2 finished, it ocontinued with a new lease for many countries... this is what an mmo is pretty much showing. It needs mechanisms to support this too.
    Last edited by Mace; 2020-02-21 at 06:02 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    It ends when the company goes out of business or they stop the UP, it is more about the journey for these projects, the aim of products like this is to keep players subscribed indefinitely.
    That would be the worst thing i could think of. Subscribed indefinitely? That sounds like hell.

Their are many endings and many beginnings.. WC3 was an ending - so many races got new chapters at the end of that, like the Night elves whose long vigil and isolation ended as well as their immortality. Wc3 was also a beginning, the new reformed Orcish horde led by Thrall was formed here.
    Ya it had an end and it was a good end. If it had gone on for the next 10 years, making up new bad guys every time it would have been shit.

The courge invasion of Quel'thalas was both an edniing of sorts and a beginning of the blood elves, TBC restoration of the Sunwell was an ending.. one of the only good and strong endings to.
    At the time it was a ending but since wow is still going it means the sunwell is in danger yet again from void elves. You want to make the blood elves story endless? Then their story will turn to shit just most stories that go on to long.

Life did not end when WW2 finished, it ocontinued with a new lease for many countries
    I don't even know what to say to this. It has to be one of the dumbest things anyone has never said. Ya we want life to go on forever but life is not a story we are watching or a game we are playing. Its life.

At the time it was a ending but since wow is still going it means the sunwell is in danger yet again from void elves. You want to make the blood elves story endless? Then their story will turn to shit just most stories that go on to long.
    So? It's the writers choice if they want to do the whole Sunwell in danger again thing, or do something else.. frankly I don't think the sunwell is in any danger it's just an excuse to use to lock the void elves firmly on the alliance. I doubt they would use that again.. but then you never know. THey used the elf magic addiction thing several times before ending it, also used the evil orc thing going corrupt and genocidal - but then that was a retelling of the orc story, and the elf one was the night elf version which hadn't really been shown till 7.0 - 6.0 seems to have put orc corruption behind, while 7.0 solved elven addiction (on the night elf side) with the Arcan'dor.

Lots of new stories too, hey, but not all might be great, they do re-use a lot of stuff and sometimes several times at that, it isn't necessary to tell a continuous and new story.. Take STar wars, they reused episode 406 for the 7-9 main plot, they could have done something entirely new like SWTOR did with the Eternal Throne/Empire expansion stories.. IT really is up to the writers.

I don't even know what to say to this. It has to be one of the dumbest things anyone has never said. Ya we want life to go on forever but life is not a story we are watching or a game we are playing. Its life.
    Still not getting the MMOrpg model yet?
    Last edited by Mace; 2020-02-21 at 09:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivex View Post
    The game you're looking for is called Ashes of Creation.

YW
    Oh, you mean Ashes "We Made a Battle Royale Instead of Developing The Game People Already Paid For" of Creation?

7+ Year Old Account
    So? It's the writers choice if they want to do the whole Sunwell in danger again thing, or do something else.. frankly I don't think the sunwell is in any danger it's just an excuse to use to lock the void elves firmly on the alliance. I doubt they would use that again.. but then you never know. THey used the elf magic addiction thing several times before ending it, also used the evil orc thing going corrupt and genocidal - but then that was a retelling of the orc story, and the elf one was the night elf version which hadn't really been shown till 7.0 - 6.0 seems to have put orc corruption behind, while 7.0 solved elven addiction (on the night elf side) with the Arcan'dor.

Lots of new stories too, hey, but not all might be great, they do re-use a lot of stuff and sometimes several times at that, it isn't necessary to tell a continuous and new story.. Take STar wars, they reused episode 406 for the 7-9 main plot, they could have done something entirely new like SWTOR did with the Eternal Throne/Empire expansion stories.. IT really is up to the writers.
    And the writers for wow suck at their job. So ya.

Still not getting the MMOrpg model yet?
    If you think mmos are like a 2nd life then you need help.

And the writers for wow suck at their job. So ya.
    I was also curious why they kept reusing already explored topics.. however in all fairness, some needed revisitng as the first pass wasn't nearly enough.

If you think mmos are like a 2nd life then you need help.
    As in MMOs aren't designed to end, but to go on and on.

As for help? I think we could all use some of that more than we'd like to admit too

would be cool

Quote Originally Posted by Henrich View Post
    would be cool
    What I find fascinating about this, is how cool each race could become.

Having a use for capitals and actually a reason to make them look good

Making race a central part of your advantage, as it's such a key part of your character and art assets in game,.