Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    I like the kiss/curse mechanic of it. I do like that it's a big power boost for one patch at the end of the expansion.

I don't like that it makes ilvl a lot less relevant. I don't like the massive randomness when it comes to obtaining them. I don't like the fairly poor balance, which has gotten better but still. I don't like that strong damage effects are grouped in with utility effects (c'mon, Blizzard is supposed to have learned from Legion not to do that). And most of all I dislike that the effects are so powerful that they can be second or even first on your meters despite being completely passive procs.

It's still nowhere near the worst decision in WoW's lifetime. The RealID debacle in Cata is damn hard to top there. Second would be making random Heroics in Cata require coordination and sometimes specific compositions. Third WoD's Garrison implementation.

i have been subbed and played wow since tbc. wow is part of my life and i got good friends thru wow. that is the reason why im still playing this game.
    if i had started in wod, legion or bfa i doubt i wouldve stuck around for long.
    the rng bonanza has become outragous, you have to get lucky to get good loot and then you have to get lucky that the lucky loot gets some lucky procs. its a god damn disgrace.
    on top of that, now the pay to win is slowly sneaking in, with us being able to buy gold and then buy bis legendary quality gear from the AH or trade chat goblins.

if shadowlands doesnt look as if itll do a 180 and move far away from where the game is atm.. im sorry to say, thx for the good times, but im done im out.
    Last edited by mojusk; 2020-02-21 at 11:00 PM.

it's a really terrible idea.. whoever says that it's just about execution being bad is stupid

but i don't think it's the worst idea ever.. it's not even close to the entire idea of pruning

Not the worst idea but its up there

Tiers are the fkn worst, but corruption perse is better than forged shit.

Frankly I don't really care much what we have. Is corruption interesting? Yes, and it's fun to have on your gear and play with it and see the pros and cons. But I can't really place it within all the other gearing ideas we have had. But it's comparable to legendaries in Legion. I loved Legendaries, and even though the acquisition was rough the first 3 months with the hard cap, it was a breeze after. I had gathered all legendaries on my main from the day I dinged it 24th of November 2016 to February 2017. Legendaries were like corruption really, but you didn't have the bad traits with it(grand delusion etc). It was use the best ones for each and every situation without anymore thoughts to it. Corruption is more complicated and there are a couple of outliers who just destroy the other corrupted items which is worse than the power between the legendaries.

I have yet to see an infinite star drop for my main. In Legion within 5 weeks I had 5 legendaries with all giving me power no matter how "bad" they were. Some corruption pieces are not even worth using even if you have total corruption spare. So the balance should be better, at least if they are giving us something similar in Shadowlands. And I am mentioning this because the devs said that they had learned from the legendary system. So if they do like this for the longer run of the expansion(Shadowlands) they need to balance it much better or they get the issue they have said they learned so much from legendaries in Legion. Looking at the current corruption gear, not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by caballitomalo View Post
    The one thing I like about corruption is how it is a "thing of the moment". Its not an expansion long feature, its just the way they did it for this tier. I thing thats a clever approach for them in the long run. It doesnt have to be one way for a hole expansion and it free them to iterate even more.

Compared to the war/titan-forge way its not that much worse. As a single patch feature I´m ok with it. Live and learn and keep things interesting.

- - - Updated - - -

Boy am I the other side of that coin. Loved almost everything about legion.

What didnt you like about it? Was it the fact that it was random which one you got and when? Most people hated not getting the optimal set of legendaries on release hour. But over a long time it was such an amazing spot in the game. I had a set for raiding and one for just questing, also the follower/bodyguard system was waaay better back then too.
    Almost everything was bad for me, but worst was AP and legiondaries. AP because it was way overpowered making it absolute mandatory, current AP is still bad but not even close as it was before (neck ITSELF isn't as powerful and above 75 level it doesn't increase your power as much as artifacts did).

"Over a long time" is meaningless, for a year I was stuck with shit leggos, had to farm garbage content to get them. I said it couple of times, legion for me was big wedding cake but instead of cream in between layers, they used actual excrement. No matter how big and delicious would be the rest, you can't enjoy it with shit in between.

When ToS was current we were running EN normal heroic mythic, NH normal heroic mythic, ToS normal heroic mythic, fuck that. For me legion leggos was single worst thing this game had.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Almost everything was bad for me, but worst was AP and legiondaries. AP because it was way overpowered making it absolute mandatory, current AP is still bad but not even close as it was before (neck ITSELF isn't as powerful and above 75 level it doesn't increase your power as much as artifacts did).

"Over a long time" is meaningless, for a year I was stuck with shit leggos, had to farm garbage content to get them. I said it couple of times, legion for me was big wedding cake but instead of cream in between layers, they used actual excrement. No matter how big and delicious would be the rest, you can't enjoy it with shit in between.

When ToS was current we were running EN normal heroic mythic, NH normal heroic mythic, ToS normal heroic mythic, fuck that. For me legion leggos was single worst thing this game had.
    reforging and the introduction of the whisper "do u need" addon is up there.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevvvvvvvverything is an upgrade with reforging pepega

Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    reforging and the introduction of the whisper "do u need" addon is up there.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevvvvvvvverything is an upgrade with reforging pepega
    Which is bad idea anyways, with reforging there was no bad gear.

As for corrupted gear it is bad because:
    1. It is overpowered, I think correct way would be to make it half as powerful as it is now.
    2. It is overcomplicated, even as raider who sims every piece he gets, its damn painful to get correct combination.

But it has also pros as others mentioned, gear is no longer boring.

And maybe having item that can corrupt items would be a good idea, so we can buy them from wration for mementos and put some random corruption on item.

People kept complaining about TF. Well they got rid of it, and put in even more loot rng. And they made it hinder you in combat too!

I just don't get how so shortly after a patch is launched they have to make such large number changes to corruption effects. Like....did you not have months to run the numbers? If you can't properly test your gear system, maybe it's too convoluted?
    I'm a thread killer.

Quote Originally Posted by blankfaced View Post
    People kept complaining about TF. Well they got rid of it, and put in even more loot rng. And they made it hinder you in combat too!

I just don't get how so shortly after a patch is launched they have to make such large number changes to corruption effects. Like....did you not have months to run the numbers? If you can't properly test your gear system, maybe it's too convoluted?
    Oh god, that is the best part of corruption, you can instantly spot bad players thanks to corruption.

Before corruption good players had 95%+ survivability, and bad players <90%
    Now good players have still the same amount of survi while bad ones had <80%.

Which is bad idea anyways, with reforging there was no bad gear.

As for corrupted gear it is bad because:
    1. It is overpowered, I think correct way would be to make it half as powerful as it is now.
    2. It is overcomplicated, even as raider who sims every piece he gets, its damn painful to get correct combination.

But it has also pros as others mentioned, gear is no longer boring.

And maybe having item that can corrupt items would be a good idea, so we can buy them from wration for mementos and put some random corruption on item.
    having things you can't/shouldn't use isn't a bad thing. Especially in a mmo.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh god, that is the best part of corruption, you can instantly spot bad players thanks to corruption.

Before corruption good players had 95%+ survivability, and bad players <90%
    Now good players have still the same amount of survi while bad ones had <80%.
    You should see the thread with the guy that got oneshot by grand delusion in the stormwind horrific vision. comedy gold

Quote Originally Posted by Steelcryo View Post
    I'm a pretty casual player these days, I've stopped raiding, I don't really pvp and I just log in, do a few world quests (or dailies now) and maybe a dungeon or two now and then. Since corruption was added, I've basically stopped playing. I have a couple of corrupted pieces and every time I log in, I think "ugh, need to get vessels, do the visions, upgrade my cloak" and log back out. Because if I don't do any of that and get new corrupted gear I have to cleanse it. Which sure, that works fine, except it feels completely counter productive to make new drops weaker than what they dropped as, just so I can use it.

Honestly, even without taking RNG into account (which by all accounts is god awful) having a system that requires you to do a grind, to then do another piece of content, to then upgrade your cloak, before you can actually do the content you want to do, is just fucking stupid. Again, I know cleansing is a thing, but that in itself is a god awful solution to a problem that should never have been put in the game.

As I said, I'm a casual player these days. I've been playing since Vanilla so obviously I'm a bit burnt out on WoW and only play it for short periods at a time or when there's new content. Even with that in mind and despite it's flaws, I really enjoyed BfA. I liked the story, I liked the zones, I liked the dungeons and raids (even in LFR), hell I even enjoyed warfronts and Islands for a while. But my god, 8.3 has killed the little motivation to play that I had. I did the first week and haven't really played since and that's entirely down to corrupted gear making me unmotivated to do the content I want to do.

This isn't a rant about me quitting WoW or WoW is dying or anything, I'll be back for Shadowlands, but it's funny how one system can completely destroy my enjoyment of a game because it's just so bad.

Agreed! I stuck with BFA until corrupted gear. Now I can't enjoy my alts anymore. This is the least I've played Wow in several years. I don't want to go through a long quest chain just to cleanse gear for 10+ alts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellows View Post
    What I don't like
    - It's completely uncapped. It should have been limited to wearing a few pieces as they did with the Legiondaries.
    - The corruption effects disproportionately affect less mobile classes. As a lock, I can cloak one, demonic circle every 30s and port every min. Yesterday I was out of tricks and had two Things from Beyond spawn on me at the same time. That did not go well.
    - RNG is too much. At the very least, it should not have different tiers of each corruption.
    It's not completely uncapped. There is a "soft cap" based on how high is your corruption resistance, and how much you, as a player, can tolerate the negative effects.

I mean, if you're find that you're fine with The Thing From Beyond literally Usain Bolt'ing at you, the Eye of Corruption's area of effect being wider than Sargeras' sword is long, and Grasping Tendrils basically rooting you to the ground, as well as having a huge damage taken greatly increased and healing received greatly diminished, just go ahead and slap on as many corrupted pieces as you want.

The character does look good in red, though.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    It's not completely uncapped. There is a "soft cap" based on how high is your corruption resistance, and how much you, as a player, can tolerate the negative effects.

I mean, if you're find that you're fine with The Thing From Beyond literally Usain Bolt'ing at you, the Eye of Corruption's area of effect being wider than Sargeras' sword is long, and Grasping Tendrils basically rooting you to the ground, as well as having a huge damage taken greatly increased and healing received greatly diminished, just go ahead and slap on as many corrupted pieces as you want.

The character does look good in red, though.
    I've learned the hard way to glance over at character's visual effects in mythic plus. Lost a 17 key from a healer that kept exploding from thing from beyond...

Corruption effects should be disabled on PVP (BGs and Arenas, doesn't seem posible on WPVP)

It's fun to have that wildcard on PVE though. The problem is, they are nerfing some corruption effects instead of buffing the other. I've always liked the "Eveything is OP" mentality over the "Nothing is OP" one.

-Everything should corrupt, get rid of that layer of RNG.
    -Effects should be "sealed" instead of cleansed", and you can break the seal whenever you want by using MEMEntos.
    -Get rid of Stat corruption effects.
    -Make more effects, flashier and as OP as Devastation, Infinite Stars.
    -Corruption negative effects make sense but should be nerfed, they aren't fun at all. The damage increase one should be removed.
    -Get a Void form once you reach maximum corruption negative effect instead of that boring red goop that doesn't goop.

Idk, the corruption system had potential to be fun and unexpected, my hopes were too high I guess.

The corruption system is just like azerite, it sucks