Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Amarys View Post
    Actually I wouldn't be so sure. Classics success surprised them so it's likely that they'll try to make it more like Classic (and probably fail miserably)
    A lot of elements in Retail are utterly incompatible with Classic.

Best example: M+
    Literally any dungeon must fit into this time trial mode, else it needs to be separated from this system entirely.

Which leaves out the fact that Blizzards track record on content "inspired by Classic" isn't too great, Ashran was promoted as this sort of "modern AV" and failed pretty hard.
    When i queue up for Epic bg's, i rather get AV over anything else, especially Ashran.

Quote Originally Posted by Puzzony View Post
    These craptastic systems are in the game for a reason, it farms MAU for them. No chance in hell there won't be some similar shit in the game in Shadowlands.
    these systems doesn't farm MAU's for them. People are leaving the game due to bad timegated systems. Not staying for a longer time. This timegating for MAU's myth just needs to die

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Okay, if you didn't do the AP grind - your azerite gear, and therefore most of your damage, wouldn't function.
    How so - my neck is at level 80, cloak is at 11, everything functions just fine. Well - apart from me - I'm just an average player
    Last edited by schwarzkopf; 2020-02-22 at 12:30 PM.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

So you did the grind?
    No - did absolutely no AP grind since BfA launched, 0, null, nada, none.

I did watch other people choose to do it though (they got to 80 2 weeks ahead of me - OMG) - but I just decided to play the game as designed.

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    - Horrific Visions are rinse and repeat stupid.
    oh boi, then you will hate torghast

Oh, you're playing semantics.
    No - I'm using words as they are defined.

Killing 4 mobs in a day to get 3600 AP when AK is better - that's NOT a grind.

Doing what I saw some people do - doing EVERY WQ that offered AP 4 times a day for a year , chain running Islands ... that's a grind.

So you did the grind? Then what are you talking about
    what grind dude, playing the game gets you to 80, i have people in my guild who are 82-83, they grinded, i who am 80, never did islands more than the weekly cap (3 mythic islands per week), never did AP WQs unless they were for emissaries and even then i prefered item WQs becuase im an enchanter and want the mats, hell i didnt even bother turning in stuff for warfront donations except gold and resources

it was mostly smart managment of turning in 3 emissary quests and turning in paragon caches on reset day to maximize my AP gain
    Last edited by valky94; 2020-02-22 at 01:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hey There Guys its Metro View Post
    So you want there to be nothing to do in the game anymore after you hit max level then?
    No thanks!
    You can improve on class design and still have progression systems for max level.

I like playing the game, so let's hope they don't remove all of that.
    That's about half the game right now.
    Yeah nobody really care about what people who can play the game 6 hours a day think especially when you are content just spamming the most repetitive content in game with higher numbers and think it's good gameplay. The rest of us prefer to have the game actually be good you know like basically the entire time pre endless grinds.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Everyone hated it in WoD when there was nothing to do at max level. There will be some sort of progression system. If not AP, then something else.
    WoD's drop was largely because due to the war on flight doing anything took way too long so people just stopped playing and found that wow didn't have the same pull it used to.

i like azerite grind.. only problem is that its close to infinite.. so crazy no-lifers can get a small edge over casuals, and casuals (the majority) dont like that.

Oh, you're playing semantics. You have an 80 neck - you did the grind. Doesn't matter how long it took you
    If he's only at 80, he definitely didn't grind. Sounds more like you don't know what "grinding" means and mistake it for any doing any activity that happens to reward AP.

You put effort in. That's a grind - again, you're arguing semantics.
    No, that's taking the low-hanging fruit. Grinding is putting in significant, goal-oriented effort.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes. Yes he did. Everyone with an 80 neck grinded. Can people learn what things mean please
    You first, please. An 80 neck at this point isn't actually hard for an active player and does not require any dedicated effort.

Point is people who didn't bother farming AP, regardles of the extent - were gimping themselves massively. It was a requirement, the game throws AP at you in so many different ways it's difficult to not take part, doesn't mean it's not a requirement.
    You're not describing farming here, either. Farming, like grinding, is a dedicated effort to obtain something. Getting stuff thrown at you isn't farming.
    Last edited by huth; 2020-02-22 at 01:48 PM.

You put effort in. That's a grind
    No - that is not grind.

Grind is literally doing the same activity repeatedly over an extended period of time to gain some progression.

There was ONE grind I did in BfA - the Bumblebee mount. But that was an optional grind for an optional mount.

Please use the actual meaning of words when discussing topics.

You put effort in. That's a grind - again, you're arguing semantics.

Point is people who didn't bother farming AP, regardles of the extent - were gimping themselves massively. It was a requirement, the game throws AP at you in so many different ways it's difficult to not take part, doesn't mean it's not a requirement.
    TIL that playing the game = grinding

Quote Originally Posted by Hey There Guys its Metro View Post
    So you want there to be nothing to do in the game anymore after you hit max level then?
    No thanks!
    You can improve on class design and still have progression systems for max level.

I like playing the game, so let's hope they don't remove all of that.
    That's about half the game right now.
    How about you git gud at your class after you've gotten BiS gear? Worked in older expansions.. Nice class progression you have there getting 3% more stamina after doing 2000 islands

Imagine still doing WQs and Islands after reaching 75 neck, lmao, go get that 3% stamina, boi.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    No - that is not grind.

Grind is literally doing the same activity repeatedly over an extended period of time to gain some progression.

There was ONE grind I did in BfA - the Bumblebee mount. But that was an optional grind for an optional mount.

Please use the actual meaning of words when discussing topics.
    Please stop being disingenuous there is a hell of a grind to get to 80 and yes doing all the ap quests and all that bs is still a grind. Having to play daily was never something that was a thing past the first month of an expansion prior to legion by that point you could have all your pre raid stuff done and just log in on raid days plus maybe one other day to farm mats.

Oh, you sweet summer child.

Yea, let's remove every incentive to actual play, every single aspect of character progression. That's a fucking genius idea for an MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Oh, you sweet summer child.

Yea, let's remove every incentive to actual play, every single aspect of character progression. That's a fucking genius idea for an MMO.
    You know somehow the game managed to survive for over 10 years with no endless grinds in fact it actually did way better in terms of playerbase.

Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    You know somehow the game managed to survive for over 10 years with no endless grinds in fact it actually did way better in terms of playerbase.
    Yea, let's pretend the game never had huge grinds before. Let's play that game.

So people who dont have time to raid should be denied the best gear? Its perfectly fine for Mytjic Dungeons to have raid equivalent gear.

As for the rest? Keep it but rather than affecting gear make the rewards toys, transmogs etc