Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    My is 454 and does not melt anything (blood too).
    Weird, I just yank big groups, get all that sweet sweet runic power, pop bonestorm and things just die, hopefully you have better luck in the future!

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    This is either a catch up mechanic, or a sign that Blizzard is seeing significant numbers of people just not doing this content.
    ofc people ignore them

why woudl people waste time on them when its already end of expansion and quest greens will replace all their gear in couple of months,

only hting that matter are raids and mythic +

blizzard should stop doing those stupid experiements like mage tower or visions - most players just ignore them anyway

speaking as someone who will probably re-sub down the line... I.
    1. Subbed for a month 2. Got all the cloak quest stuff done 3. did my first few "free" runs 4. Did 1 daily, got 200 visions, saw it took 10,000 to pay for a single entrance, and uninstalled.

I don't actually understand it really, grind a ton of dailies to get entrance to a place to get +2 ilvl for your "legendary" cloak whose primary purpose is to make doing runs in the place you're already in, easier? I know you get a free entrance or so from assaults each week, but aside from doing 1-2 run the expectations is to do that many dailies? To do more of something that's not very engaging in the first place?

What? Where's the appeal? How is this at all compelling gameplay? I didn't have any expectations for this content but it was still bewildering. (I liked the story progression from the 8.3 quests just fine)

p.s. to the guy above me MT was awesome, don't lump MT in with whatever this is
    Last edited by Aekero; 2020-02-22 at 07:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aekero View Post
    1. Subbed for a month 2. Got all the cloak quest stuff done 3. did my first few "free" runs 4. Did 1 daily, got 200 visions, saw it took 10,000 to pay for a single entrance, and uninstalled.

I don't actually understand it really, grind a ton of dailies to get entrance to a place to get +2 ilvl for your "legendary" cloak whose primary purpose is to make doing runs in the place you're already in, easier? I know you get a free entrance or so from assaults each week, but aside from doing 1-2 run the expectations is to do that many dailies? To do more of something that's not very engaging in the first place?

What? Where's the appeal? How is this at all compelling gameplay? I didn't have any expectations for this content but it was still bewildering. (I liked the story progression from the 8.3 quests just fine)

1. they're fun on their own imo

2. the upgrades also reduce sanity loss in the raid, making it a built in nerfing mechanic

3. the last upgrade gives a pretty beefy proc, another built in nerfing mechanic

4. it also increases the amount of corruption you can wear, making it yet ANOTHER nerfing mechanic.

Quote Originally Posted by Aekero View Post

grinding a ton of dailies is literally the lowest income of visions.

main weekly assault 1 vessel, other zone 3.5 day assault 5500 visions, so twice a week = 11k, then in the main zone u could just do the lesser vision, 3k for your first run of the week 1.5k every day after.

thats 90% of your income, 0 dailies done.

Will they ever increase the reputation from dailies? they are freaking low for what they are used to give, on mechagon you could get around 1.2k per day

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Weird, I just yank big groups, get all that sweet sweet runic power, pop bonestorm and things just die, hopefully you have better luck in the future!
    Oh, things die, but sanity dies too. Anything above 150k health just takes forever to die.

I don’t think I’ll never ever be able to do a full clear, masks are out of question.

I think I’ll just give up, the stage that provides meaningful rewards is just too far.

Hope that Thorgast won’t be timed, I hate timed stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    Son of aaaaaaaaa - right after I did all mine hahah
    yeah i spent 5 (i screwed up one) vessels, and now if i waited till reset i would do it in 2... fuck this shit

Quote Originally Posted by Daevied View Post
    Will they ever increase the reputation from dailies? they are freaking low for what they are used to give, on mechagon you could get around 1.2k per day
    I'm not going to do the math on mechagon but 1.2kx7 days = 8400/w or 16800x2w

Lesser assault week its 3x125 dailies = 375x7 = 2625/w
    Pet battle = 7x75 = 525/w
    2 assualts @ 500 = 1000/w
    6x bonus obj a day @ 50 = 300/d = 2100/w
    lesser week= ~6250

greater is 4xdailies so 500/d or 3500/w
    and 1500/w from the assault
    greater week= 7625

so a 2w period is something like 13875 rep but it's actually more than that because you can actually do 8 days of bonus obj during the lesser week since it changes on friday, so you can do it before 7pm PST and after 7pm PST again.

And if rares give rep that's even more, so if you're willing to grind it's probably more rep over a 2w period than mechagon

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    ofc people ignore them

why woudl people waste time on them when its already end of expansion and quest greens will replace all their gear in couple of months,

blizzard should stop doing those stupid experiements like mage tower or visions - most players just ignore them anyway
    So....do you have a source on this? Because otherwise it is just made up stuff. From my experience I've been seeing a lot of people doing it, even those who aren't raiding. Alts they may not be, but mains they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    I see this coming shortly.

As long as the unsubs keep up (which they seem to be doing, hence the nerf to the grind) we should see those relatively soon.

So hopefully people realize this now... Do not like > unsub > Blizz nerfs > better game
    Except this isn't even a grind, i'm capped on vessels nearly all the time because i have no "use" (i.e. done for the week on cloak with vessels to spare) every week. Atm i need 2 more pages for my lvl 11 cloak and i have 5 vessels in my bag and 24.600 coalescing visions. Means i need to do a vision tomorrow else i'll cap if i do anything else.

8.3 has some mild grinds but nothing to serious compated to grinds in the past, but upgrading the cloak aint one of them. Atleast this change will make it so that i don't have to run visions when i'm not on a quest to gather pages.
    Last edited by chronia; 2020-02-22 at 10:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    They increased them from 75 to 125...but yeah..still feels slow as hell.

Very interesting math. Wow....you may be right..and still it "feels" so much worse than Mech and Naz. Maybe I am just experiencing Doing it wrongly. My VoEB rep is like 9000 / 12 000 and Uldum 3000 / 21 000.

If you really are right with your math..I wonder why to me it feels it sucks and is so slow. Maybe because I don't like the bonus objectives or some dailies take comparatively long

- - - Updated - - -

Hey...I feel the same. Though I might feel a full clear might be possible. Masks? No way. But since ppl are doing it...I guess I am just shite...or not the average Joe that this is aimed at. The people who can do full clear with masks definitely have better gear, essences from all sources in the game that I don't participate in...but no excuse...they also are better players
    It definitely takes a lot longer to get everything done than in mechagon, not going to deny that. And if you neglect any part of it it adds up fast, like not doing 6 obj a day means you're missing out on 2100/w

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    grinding a ton of dailies is literally the lowest income of visions.

main weekly assault 1 vessel, other zone 3.5 day assault 5500 visions, so twice a week = 11k, then in the main zone u could just do the lesser vision, 3k for your first run of the week 1.5k every day after.

thats 90% of your income, 0 dailies done.
    May I ask why you pull percentages out of your ass? You get ~64% from that. If you do all the daily quests each week you gain an additional 13000 CV, WM Off. More if you turn it on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    It definitely takes a lot longer to get everything done than in mechagon, not going to deny that. And if you neglect any part of it it adds up fast, like not doing 6 obj a day means you're missing out on 2100/w
    I feel like my big problem with the Vale/Uldum dailies is the fact that they have a perfect storm of bad features.

They're absolute ass to complete (some are worse than others, but the really bad ones are beyond awful). They give very little rep. And the factions don't really give anything that important or exciting for the time and effort they take. I'm not sure a reusable rune or whatever this new one is called is something I'd call exciting or useful given how expensive it is for what it does at this stage of the game, and how easy to acquire the consumable ones are. If they only had one or at most two of these issues (bad rewards, annoying to complete, but reputation gains are fairly large per quest delivered, for example), I'd take little issue with them.

I guess ultimately this is all optional stuff and we can just take our time with it since 9.0 is still months away, but I would appreciate being able to get exalted faster so I can do other stuff when I'm playing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Penegal View Post
    May I ask why you pull percentages out of your ass? You get ~64% from that. If you do all the daily quests each week you gain an additional 13000 CV, WM Off. More if you turn it on.
    ok 64% of it in 1 hour, the other 36% in like 5-6 hours, less if u literally quest and thats it, no rares for AP no extra events while doing dailies for rep/ap no mount/toy/pet farming etc.

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    My is 454 and does not melt anything (blood too).
    Do you raid at all?

Because my blood dk was struggling awfully and the moment I got the weapon from Maut (spent 3 weeks repeatedly coining the bastard) I suddenly went from not able to full clear to being able to full clear with time to spare. Obsidian destruction top dps every vision run... If you can't get it, get some other corruption proc (twilight devastation, infinite stars, twisted appendage etc.), it can easily top your dps as a tank. I was super unlucky with my weekly chest corruptions (only stats no dmg) so the raid weapon was my only hope, good it's only second boss so easy to pug.

Also how is your titanic console set up? When you get elite exterminator it's big (every sub area is 2-3 elites x200 sanity each), cheat death for 500 extra sanity leeway is good too, gift of the titans is nice but rng (it can proc at a time you can't really utilize it well and not proc when you need it).
    Last edited by Marrilaife; 2020-02-23 at 02:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Next step: account-wide Essences, or at least severe buffs to Essence acquisition for alts.
    Account wide everything.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Hey...I feel the same. Though I might feel a full clear might be possible. Masks? No way. But since ppl are doing it...I guess I am just shite...or not the average Joe that this is aimed at. The people who can do full clear with masks definitely have better gear, essences from all sources in the game that I don't participate in...but no excuse...they also are better players
    There are several layers to how successful you can be. Skill is only 1 layer and not the most impactful.

Ilvl, corruptions, trinkets, level of your cloak, progress through titanic archive are major impacts that everyone can progress through.

Choice of class is another but harder to change. Havoc DH will be faster than shadow priest no matter what. Solo healers and tanks got some tweaks to help them, but still hpal is faster than hpriest.

Also Org is faster than SW on average, just because Umbric triple teleport is such a timewaste.

Also essences I think you can get decent ones from reps for most roles, you might not have the BIS of BIS but should be fine. I still don't have pvp essences but I'll live without them. And on my alt best I have is crucible (default essence), worldvein, lucid and rep ones. Don't have one from the current raid but don't think it's that good.
    Last edited by Marrilaife; 2020-02-23 at 02:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    ofc people ignore them

You, and many others with you should stop for a moment and reconsider why they play this game, or any game.
    Any second you put into any game is essentially a waste of time, so if you are playing to get the most out of your time, quit.

You pretend you want more content, but when there is more content, you whine that it is not the right content, and that there is no reward from it that will still be useful 8 months into the next expansion.

You pretend you want to do raiding and m+, but when that one item does not drop for you, you cry your eyes out, only to repeat the same shit week after week after week. You go get your AOTC achievement not because you enjoy getting it, but to gloat at people who don't have it so you can turn them down from joining your group. None of the items you get there will be useful 8 months into the next expansion either. All will be replaced with greens or whatever really soon. I get that you want to grow your character, but in the end it's a game and you're supposed to have fun or just not play it at all.

They can't let you grow your character without limits based on the time you put in. The most hardcore players will literally kill themselves getting better, you will still be crying because you don't have unlimited time available and won't be able to see half the content.

So please, shut up, do your daily/weekly chores or don't. It's all up to you. Play the game to enjoy it or get the hell out.

The only discussion that has some merit is the one about the account wide essences. People want to have fun playing on alts, watching the game from a different perspective. I am still not sure why these alts need to have the same power as the main character, but I get that IF you want essences it shouldn't take as much tedious effort as when you did it the first time around.

Quote Originally Posted by Siph View Post
    You, and many others with you should stop for a moment and reconsider why they play this game, or any game.
    They play because the developers have made a game that's fun to play.

This thread, and many like it, is about when the devs fail at their primary job. Your comment there doesn't excuse the developers in the least.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"