Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakheth View Post
    They only make sense if you are riding with stirrups, but they don't have to be that fricking high...
    As I said before, I can see a Priestess of Elune in a ceremonial garb wearing them. Blood Elves as well, as they're supposed to be extremely decadent and vain.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonrage View Post
    As I said before, I can see a Priestess of Elune in a ceremonial garb wearing them. Blood Elves as well, as they're supposed to be extremely decadent and vain.
    And mages overall. Jaina uses ones in HotS.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Ikr, seems like cloth wearers really pulled the short end of the stick when it comes to armor.

Also yes, cloaks like that would be really nice, the ones we have now don't make any sense whatsoever. What are they supposed to do? Warm your character's back and just the back? What use is a cloak when you can't pull it around your whole body.
    We have superhero capes, not cloaks, they are real usefull to... nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    the issue here is that WoW's engine is painfully outdated.
    If making armor look better was a simple thing to do,they'd have done it already
    Um... literally every expansion since Mists has improved the detail in the armor. Belts with ornate, 3d buckles, distinct forearm/shin plates, additional chest pieces, layered armor on the legs and helmets with ragdoll physics'd elements like tendrils and decorative ponytails.

Compare a set of armor from vanilla to something from Legion or BFA and its like 2 different games.

Last edited by Mirishka; 2020-02-22 at 10:47 PM.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Um... literally every expansion since Mists has improved the detail in the armor. Belts with ornate, 3d buckles, distinct forearm/shin plates, additional chest pieces, layered armor on the legs and helmets with ragdoll physics'd elements like tendrils and decorative ponytails.

Compare a set of armor from vanilla to something from Legion or BFA and its like 2 different games.
    Most cloth wearers are still stuck with the same 2D robes we've had since Classic.

10+ Year Old Account
    They only make sense if you are riding with stirrups, but they don't have to be that fricking high...
    Well it is just a game...it's not like the heels in game do what actual heels do in real life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most cloth wearers are still stuck with the same 2D robes we've had since Classic.
    In many cases, yes, but some cloth sets have tons of additional details as well - the Ny'alotha set for example has a lot of detail in the sleeves and fully 3d-modeled chains on the hips.

My reply (that you replied to) wasn't to suggest cloth armor couldn't use improvement - it could - but rather to refute the stupid comments in this topic that Blizz hasn't improved the armor in general, when they absolutely and objectively have.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

If I was a cloth wearer. The Uldir sets are very nice. With a mix of cloth and plate look.

Quote Originally Posted by Plehnard View Post
    Armour with heels is the most stupid trope in modern fantasy, even dumber than boob armour.
    All armour in fantasy games is based on what we humans wore hundreds if not thousands of years ago.

Armour during the times when armour was actively used highlited physical features. As most people wearing armour were male it automatically featured a more male outlook.
    If women would have commonly used armour during this time it is highly likely that "boob armour" or something else that highlighted some female features would have been the norm.

Armour with heels is another matter.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindon View Post
    All armour in fantasy games is based on what we humans wore hundreds if not thousands of years ago.

Armour during the times when armour was actively used highlited physical features. As most people wearing armour were male it automatically featured a more male outlook.
    If women would have commonly used armour during this time it is highly likely that "boob armour" or something else that highlighted some female features would have been the norm.

True. The thing I find to be kind of funny is that if we were aiming for some historical accuracy, men would have heels first, since apparently it was once a part of men's fashion.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I know how everyone feels about Warcraft 3 reforged, but I think we can all agree that the models are extremely beautiful. It saddens me that cloth armor in WoW still looks the same as it did in 2004. Will we ever get armor like the units in reforged wear? With this I mean:
    - Robes with splits, so we can see our characters legs
    - Bell sleeves
    - Tunics that don't look like body paint
    - High heels for women
    - Armor that has some 3D elements to it
    Some examples:

Ive always hated the way our cloaks looked and when in WotLK Culling of Stratholme I saw Arthas for the first time with a proper cloak on I was like "shit okay maybe next expac we got proper ones that dont look like curtains". Yea.....no cigar yet. MoP challenge sets were cool though. After WoD sets kinda became bleh.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Leather, mail and plate armor are finally getting more 3D parts, but cloth is left behind. Us clothies are still running around in prom dresses.
    What I wouldn't do for robes that are open in the front, kind of like the Kul'Tiras heritage armor, but going all the way to the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    In many cases, yes, but some cloth sets have tons of additional details as well - the Ny'alotha set for example has a lot of detail in the sleeves and fully 3d-modeled chains on the hips.

My reply (that you replied to) wasn't to suggest cloth armor couldn't use improvement - it could - but rather to refute the stupid comments in this topic that Blizz hasn't improved the armor in general, when they absolutely and objectively have.
    I know, I'm not denying that the armor has improved, I just want some more customization options for cloth wearers, especially robes. I would die for my robes to have a split like the Sorceress, Priestess of the Moon and Archmage all have in Warcraft 3. I'm really tired of wearing maxi dresses at this point.

7+ Year Old Account
    - Robes with splits, so we can see our characters legs
    - Tunics that don't look like body paint
    - Armor that has some 3D elements to it

1- Robes with splits---- We have that with kultiran heritage armor, so its likely we will get more like it in the future.
    2- Tunics not bodypaint---- We have tons of those introduced over BFA and the expansion before it. (Just some cloth examples)

(Last 3- Hip, legs, and glove bone parts are from the robe alone.----Collar, Shoulder feathers, Hip feathers, and Wrist cages are from the robes alone.-----Arm parts and the little hip bits are from robe)
    3-Armor with 3d elements---- We have tons of that from this expansion and the one before it. Look above
    the rest though idk.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2020-02-22 at 11:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Blizz has been seriously slacking in the armor design dept. Their gear design has been going downhill for sometime now..and it's pretty sad.
    IF WoW borrowed a quarter of the stuff that Diablo design team makes, that would make for some dam sexy xmog. Diablo gear design is sexy as fk.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindon View Post

Actually no.

Boobplate has been proven to be dangerous in combat because 1. It guides weapons like arrows and swords towards the heart and 2. The cleft would kill the wearer if they fell over as that part would push into your chest. Boobplate has been debunked over and over as completely useless.
    Not to mention that if a women wore armor her feminine features would be nearly invisible due to the padding needed under armour. You didn't wear plate right on top of skin, but on top of several layers of padded fabric and even stiff leather. You would also bind your tatas to avoid them bouncing around just like athletes do today with sports bras because not doing so IS PAINFUL.

The only thing I could see having female highlights would be hips in that they would have more protection akin to that of female samurai aka onna-bugeisha.

- - - Updated - - -

Fair enough. Just don't see them being used on the battlefield, especially not places with uneven ground or soft grass. Just imagine them running towards you on wobbling legs or getting stuck in the soft ground lol.

Eventually, yeah. BfA armors have slowly been taking us into this direction.

Actually no.

Boobplate has been proven to be dangerous in combat because 1. It guides weapons like arrows and swords towards the heart and 2. The cleft would kill the wearer if they fell over as that part would push into your chest. Boobplate has been debunked over and over as completely useless.
    Not to mention that if a women wore armor her feminine features would be nearly invisible due to the padding needed under armour. You didn't wear plate right on top of skin, but on top of several layers of padded fabric and even stiff leather. You would also bind your tatas to avoid them bouncing around just like athletes do today with sports bras because not doing so IS PAINFUL.

The only thing I could see having female highlights would be hips in that they would have more protection akin to that of female samurai aka onna-bugeisha.
    Yes, making armour that actually creates separate cups for each breast is not a good way to make armour. It is why I said "or something else".

All armour that you have seen in your life has been crafted to highlight masculine features. Padding has fuck all to do with this. That is not even up for debate, this is what historians have concluded.

If armour was made for women the chances of said armour being created to highlight feminine features would be extremely high.

What they wore beneath the armour has no value to this discussion whatsoever.

Blizzard seems to be moving backwards with regard to armor in general. The overall horrible look of the tiers (since the last tier of Legion) and the laziness of diminishing armor to armor type instead of class proves Blizzard's regression.

To get a greater variety of robe styles without impacting performance much (if at all), they could simply render legs under robes and add transparency to the bottom half of robes, or if this is already possible use it more often. The bottom could be then seemingly variegated in length, cut, etc.

Next, they could assess impact to bottom-end and mid-tier rig players and consider if they could start rendering painted armor on an invisible layer that has varied thickness spots. This could give depth the current paper style the engine is currently built for lacks.

Then they could consider adding partial or wholesale cloth physics to player models with cloth or leather pieces. I remember a few years ago they actually said they were considering this, and that if it happened would include a toggle for low end machines.

I would also like it if they would think about adding...I'm not sure what the word is for it, but essentially rendering the color over textured mapping of some kind so that different materials could be shown and behave differently with light in different settings.

Another peeve: hard pieces on the chest and legs should behave like hard pieces and not melt and stretch with model movements.
    Last edited by Magistrate; 2020-02-23 at 05:15 PM.