Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    How about we leave PvP where it belongs, in controlled environments like BGs and Arenas, instead of forcing PvE player into a world of 1v10 gankage just to get PvE-relevant rewards.

10+ Year Old Account
    World pvp needs the buff since its not that popular by its own, with an incentive todo it theres more people who join in and maybe even some who enjoy it that wouldnt have tried it out otherwise.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

No, increase the buff to at least 50% for alliance.
    That way, maybe I can finally see more of my own faction there, rather than being swarmed everywhere I go.

Edit:
    A word
    Last edited by Benitora; 2020-02-23 at 01:11 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabby
    I'm Commander Crabby, and this is my favorite forum on the website.

Quote Originally Posted by Benitora View Post
    No, increase the buff to at least 50% for alliance.
    That way, maybe I can finally see more of my own faction there, rather than being swarmed everywhere I go.

Edit:
    A word
    not even 70% would get me into warmode its just not worth the time and hastle, i just want my dailies done quickly i dont wana fight 10+horde every time i find a rare, i dont enjoy pvpv and wm just isnt fun for me as a hunter

My only issue with Warmode is that the extra bonus for activating it is regional and not per server group.
    It's about 30% horde vs 70% alliance on mine, and they have a 30% warmode buff.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveZaer View Post
    This. There should be no buff for warmode at all. You should engage in world PvP because you want to do world PvP not because there's a buff for you to do world PvP.
    i agree but how many alliance would use it without the buff compared to horde? there is a buff because far more horde are interested in wpvp than alliance is

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgran View Post
    My only issue with Warmode is that the extra bonus for activating it is regional and not per server group.
    It's about 30% horde vs 70% alliance on mine, and they have a 30% warmode buff.
    theres not really any servers any more its either warmode off or warmode on now

Just my 2 cents but i think that PvP don't work from it's very core. As happens in pve as you get better and stronger the challenge gets harder and more difficult so mythics have afixes and raids different tiers. But in PvP they reward the better players with better gear that made them harder to kill and easier to kill others and that's all. I think they should made difficulty tiers with cosmetic rewards but with affixes and hindrances so that skilled players are really tested, they feel rewarded with exclusive cosmetics and weaker players have a chance. Doubt something like this could be implemented anyways because most people what really enjoy from pvp is the ganking or zerging not a real challenge and that's why pvp servers were so unbalanced to a faction or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    theres not really any servers any more its either warmode off or warmode on now
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Connected_Realms
    This is what I'm talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgran View Post
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Connected_Realms
    This is what I'm talking about.
    i know what you mean but you are thrown into pool a if you have warmode off and if you have warmode on you get put in to pool B, poll B has a faction wide buff regardless of server, there a so few alliance doing world pvp which is why its constantly at 25-30%

you cannot revive that which has been dead since its inception
    Last edited by thunderdragon2; 2020-02-23 at 02:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    so the most populated faction always wins, get rewards, dominates more and more and the losing side says fuck it and never bothers anymore?
    So basically how it was at launch of BFA? When all horde was wm on and all alliance was wm off and it was dubbed "hordemode"?

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    World pvp needs the buff since its not that popular by its own, with an incentive todo it theres more people who join in and maybe even some who enjoy it that wouldnt have tried it out otherwise.
    If the gameplay isn't fun enough for people to want to do it that's pretty damning. If the worry is that you're missing out on people who might enjoy it but wouldn't try it on their own volition, then a one time reward would at least work to get people to dip their toes in. Then, if they enjoy it, they can keep playing in WM. And if they don't, at least they don't feel compelled to keep it on just for a buff that affects non-PVP content.

If PvP was actually good in WoW you wouldn't have to bribe people to do it. If Warmode can't live without the bonuses, then let it die.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by RemasteredClassic View Post
    The buff, though, should not be given to everyone automatically.
    The only way to remove that buff is to force everyone to be PvP flagged for everyone else.

The reason the buff exists is because they had to super incentivize people to go do it because there's that much faction imbalance, and even then it's not getting enough people out into the world.

Warmode is a bust. World PvP is a buff. Hell, PvP in this game is a relative bust.

Quote Originally Posted by Sithalos View Post
    If PvP was actually good in WoW you wouldn't have to bribe people to do it. If Warmode can't live without the bonuses, then let it die.
    Asking people to do something everyday on a MMORPG without a single reward for it...

Not exactly people's fault nobody does it.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    So basically how it was at launch of BFA? When all horde was wm on and all alliance was wm off and it was dubbed "hordemode"?
    exactly.. which is fighting for a buff would never work
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Asking people to do something everyday on a MMORPG without a single reward for it...

Not exactly people's fault nobody does it.
    That's what the (oxymornic) "honor" system is/was for.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

To make it even more rewarding or both can be rewarded to the players participating on the winning side.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly no matter what World PvP is and always was the game of numbers. Even as Alliance, when I do my weekly Odds and Zone PvP, I just join a group and we simply fly around the zone picking off stragglers.

That's no PvP really, it's totally PvE there because said guy or two have about as much chances to beat us as some random ass K'thir Deathspeaker or shit like that

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sithalos View Post
    What content again is in the game that people do on a regular basis without any reward?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    What content again is in the game that people do on a regular basis without any reward?
    They were literally called pvp servers and thousands and players played and killed on them with no special rewards.