Thread: New heroes

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Mylune probably wasn't "serious" enough for the kit they wanted.
    She's very serious about saving the animals though :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think, HOTS dev team is big enough anymore to bring many heroes. As you saw, event was extended and lunar festival event was removed because of that.

3+ Year Old Account
    I'd love Bwonsamdi, Rastakhan or Vol'jin

(I guess Bwonny boi could just be a skin for Nezeebo though)
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warcraft:
    Lady Vashj would be very cool
    A Peasant hero who's play style was themed after Tower defense would be interesting
    ysera could be fun
    The proper hellscream
    A bloodhoof to give us a chieftain hero
    Bran maybe?

Starcraft:
    mengsk
    Horner
    The overmind as a "take over the core" hero
    A hydralisk (was always my favorite zerg unite would be cool to see a hero one.)
    Selendis
    Vorazun
    Fenix 2 electric boogaloo (Talandar)

Overwatch:
    Bastion
    Rinehart

Others:
    Hearthstone inn keeper
    Rafam
    Reno maybe
    Blackthrone

Nexus:
    Someone more on the level of orphea less the other...
    Last edited by Whitedragon; 2020-02-23 at 08:14 AM.

Mylune probably wasn't "serious" enough for the kit they wanted. And Lunara semi-existed before she was named through Heroes. first daughter of Cenarius and all that. They could absolutely have gone with someone else, but this gave them a blank-ish slate for someone fiercer.
    They could have taken any low level dryad questgiver and give her bigger role.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Whitedragon View Post
    Lady Vashj would be very cool
    She was datamined some time after Qhira release.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    I don't think, HOTS dev team is big enough anymore to bring many heroes. As you saw, event was extended and lunar festival event was removed because of that.
    The Lunar Festival was already folded into the "Spring Event" last year. Chances are it starts in April, if not right after the current event ends then at least a couple of weeks later.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    They could have taken any low level dryad questgiver and give her bigger role.
    None of them were the first daughter of Cenarius.

Was playing some HotS tonight and it hit me that there's no Gnome character yet from Warcraft and I really hope they put in Mekkatorque or even Milhouse Manastorm.

Or just go totally wild and do Wilfred Fizzelebang and have his Ultimate be summon Jaraxxus and replace him entirely until Jaraxxus dies.

Quote Originally Posted by liberaet View Post
    Do you guys want J. Allen Brack as a new hero? Or Bobby Kotick if they decide to add from other ActivisionBlizzard franchises as well?
    Would love that. To beat the crap out of those villains who practically butchered a beloved franchise for greed and pissing off fans and once loyal blizzard players.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshingo View Post
    Was playing some HotS tonight and it hit me that there's no Gnome character yet from Warcraft and I really hope they put in Mekkatorque or even Milhouse Manastorm.
    Funny you should say that. Mekkatorque is the last hero from the Blizzcon 2013 reveal who has not been added to the game yet.

https://heroesofthestorm.gamepedia.com/Mekkatorque

Funny you should say that. Mekkatorque is the last hero from the Blizzcon 2013 reveal who has not been added to the game yet.

Yeah I remember him in the Flying Machine way back then but if they added him in now I would hope he got his unique mech from Legion/BfA.

Incorporate some of his raid boss fight mechanics into it and call it a day! The liftoff/crash, the "stick a grenade to an enemy hero and after it detonates, it goes out in a cardinal direction" and maybe some kind of shrink ability. His ultimate could be the wormhold generator where he just moves whomever he can target in an aoe and move it somewhere else close by of his choosing.
    Last edited by Yoshingo; 2020-02-23 at 09:53 AM.

Or just go totally wild and do Wilfred Fizzelebang and have his Ultimate be summon Jaraxxus and replace him entirely until Jaraxxus dies.
    Millhouse is difficult because he would look to similar to Chromie.

- - - Updated - - -

None of them were the first daughter of Cenarius.
    How do you know which was born first? They could have added that to describtion of any dryad that isn't said to be young.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah I remember him in the Flying Machine way back then but if they added him in now I would hope he got his unique mech from Legion/BfA.

Incorporate some of his raid boss fight mechanics into it and call it a day! The liftoff/crash, the "stick a grenade to an enemy hero and after it detonates, it goes out in a cardinal direction" and maybe some kind of shrink ability. His ultimate could be the wormhold generator where he just moves whomever he can target in an aoe and move it somewhere else close by of his choosing.
    I would prefer Gallywix but Mekkatorque can work too.
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

10+ Year Old Account

There was also Warfield, but idk if we count him still. His story in HOTS is kinda complicated, since he never comandered siege tank, so Hammer takes his place.

More WoW bosses would be cool. Like, where's Azshara? She'd be a pretty cool support, mind controlling people, perhaps utilizing this terrible "order" mechanic from raid etc. Lei Shen as melee assassin, Blackhand as bruiser, maybe another elemental lord like Al'Akir to team up with Rag.

Just wishful thinking really, the game seems to be on its deathbed anyway.

We technically already have derivatives of Shrink Ray, even if the original talent is gone. Could do a unique version of that.

https://heroesofthestorm.gamepedia.com/Shrink_Ray

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    How do you know which was born first? They could have added that to describtion of any dryad that isn't said to be young.
    Because Blizzard said that she is...?

- - - Updated - - -

There was also Warfield, but idk if we count him still. His story in HOTS is kinda complicated, since he never comandered siege tank, so Hammer takes his place.
    He was back in the Blizzard DOTA days though.

It is. There's nothing super complex about bringing a hero to the table, it's stuff like custom facial animation for voice quotes and movement that takes a lot of time, stuff that they have cut off to minimize development time

OW definitely needs some new heroes but the game should also get some more original Blizzard heroes like Orphea and Qhira. So I am hoping for the Raven Lord personally.

Because Blizzard said that she is...?
    She didn't exist before HotS. They could have given that title to any older dryad that already existed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lollerlaban View Post
    It is. There's nothing super complex about bringing a hero to the table, it's stuff like custom facial animation for voice quotes and movement that takes a lot of time, stuff that they have cut off to minimize development time
    You mean like latest releases, where they even can't move thier lips?

You mean like latest releases, where they even can't move thier lips?
    Yes, that's the stuff they have cut off. Rig animations needs handmade modifications to simulate their voicelines, it takes a lot of work.

It's also why we don't see skins for Ragnaros, they need to visually alter all his abilities to fit the skin proper which is also a huge amount of work, compared to say Junkrat where you can just change the prop itself

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunspot22 View Post
    Ashe & BOB, Wrecking Ball, Doomfist, Mekkatorque, Lei Shen, Mira Han and/or Matt Horner, Lilith
    copyright says no to half of those.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.